SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was up in the Bronx earlier today but the (5) was making all stops on the Dyre Av line. I wonder if the G.O. got rained out. Also, there was another change added:

5advisory7-20-2012.png

It's good that some trains were eventually turned at E 180 St, I noticed (5) trains were piling up on the Dyre Av line and arriving way too frequently.

Edited by Mysterious2train

Did that 5 to E180 via Y3 GO actually run yesterdat? It was cancelled today due to the weather. And btw, the GO stated that we were to BYPASS Pelham Parkway (anybody know why?).

It only is accessible from just north of Pelham Parkway to E. 180, IIRC...

Unless you're looking at the official track schematics issued by Operations Planning, don't believe everything you see. Those unofficial online track charts are full of mistakes. Y3 is fully intact from south of Dyre to south of Morris Park, HOWEVER there are no automatic signals on it, so it can only be used in an absolute block, with restricted speed and extreme caution. Don't be expecting the express ride of your life.....

Edited by Snowblock

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but about how fast does the L go in the tunnel between 1st and Bedford? The R143 I was in today was moving like anything. Brought back memories of the R42s racing down there, that was a good ride.

Finally, my first time riding san R42 (#4823) on the (A):). I haven't been in the subway section for a while so don't yell at me but how long has the R42 roamed the (A)?

The R42 only roams around on the (A) in the summer. I've also seen quite a few R32's on the (A). I'm not sure, but I think they do this in order to keep the AC's on the R32's from running overtime on the (C) during the summer. It's a treat, though.

hehehe.. internal jargon made it to the public MTA planned service change website (looked up next weekend and found this gem)

Q.png Coney Island-bound trains run express from Prospect Park to Sheepshead Bay - G.O. 4940-12 Completed early for 7/22/12 and 7/23/12 Maintenance repairs.

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, until Aug 6

hehehe.. internal jargon made it to the public MTA planned service change website (looked up next weekend and found this gem)

Q.png Coney Island-bound trains run express from Prospect Park to Sheepshead Bay - G.O. 4940-12 Completed early for 7/22/12 and 7/23/12 Maintenance repairs.

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, until Aug 6

This GO has been ending early for weeks now. Why? Are they spreading it out too much?

The (7) busing between 74 St and QBP appears to be on for this Sunday, 0500-1200.

Was on the F wondering if the R42s were still running on the A, knowing I'd transfer at Jay St Metrotech. Figured there was no chance, and if there was, I'd miss it. Sure enough, F pulls into JSM and there's an R42 A sitting there...which pulls away right as I get there. Oh well.

Was on the F wondering if the R42s were still running on the A, knowing I'd transfer at Jay St Metrotech. Figured there was no chance, and if there was, I'd miss it. Sure enough, F pulls into JSM and there's an R42 A sitting there...which pulls away right as I get there. Oh well.

Hey, I went some weeks ago to fan the (A) via the (F). I stayed at 2nd Avenue for a good 40 minutes, and I didn't want to risk missing the R42. But I needed to fan the (D) to Bay Pkwy, so I took the (F) to Metrotech. The (F) reaches Delancey Street, and guess what's on the other track? The R42.

I got an R-42 without waiting! :) What a blast to the past! There was no-one on it! I got it. Damn... I'm lucky. Now I need the R-46 (F).

I was at Spring St heading downtown to pick up the bus to go back Upstate, and not only did an R42 (A) pass me, but at West 4th I got on an R46 F.

This week has been lucky for me.

I encountered a NIS (Q) at 59 St/Columbus Circle NB, and it was an R160 (90XX). When I returned to the Bronx hours later, I saw that same set at 167 St SB. Today, I saw that set again at 155 St SB.

And here's an interesting catch. While I was waiting for the (D) at Columbus Circle NB, the (B) arrived on the express track while the (C) was on the local track. It ran Central Park West EXP to 145 St, and relayed on the downtown local track! But... before the (B) entered 145, there was a (D) that switched to the express track (switching to the local north of 135) and possibly ran Concourse Exp around noon. :(

Edited by IRT Bronx Express