SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anybody find any 1990s NYC subway footage aside from Trainluvr, Transitviews, and Yolticat's videos (which I've already watched)?

Check out aronsteelo's videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aronsteelo

MC CJ posted some of aronsteelo's videos in this thread:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/36224-vintage-footage-1940s-1980s/

What's with the propulsion on this R62A? (Video by Caitsith810)

It seems to have gone through SMS, and had some work done on the motors. The Kawasaki R62s also sound a little more high-pitched after going through SMS; maybe because E-CAM controllers were installed (I think). I wonder what they changed about the R62A motors, though, since they already had E-CAM.

What's with the propulsion on this R62A? (Video by Caitsith810)

It seems to have gone through SMS, and had some work done on the motors. The Kawasaki R62s also sound a little more high-pitched after going through SMS; maybe because E-CAM controllers were installed (I think). I wonder what they changed about the R62A motors, though, since they already had E-CAM.

I don't know. What are E-CAM controllers.

Not gonna be specific but there's a station cleaner who likes to cross the tracks for no legitiment reason on one of our three-track section lines. Seen him do it a few times some time ago, caught him doing it again today. Must find a rush out of it because he's always smiling as he does it. Still has the kid in him lol...

I love riding the subway late at night, but I'm gonna start avoiding the (2) because when I rode it two nights ago, it crawled from Chambers Street to Sterling Street and I was like "Oh hell no" in my mind.

I think the west side has too much service late night between 42nd and 96th. But it's what happens late at night.

PaddleforAutismmap.png

Gorgor's maps are really nice because of how easily editable they are. There's this 'Paddle for Autism' event happening at this Red Hook tomorrow, the website for the event says to take the (F)(G) to the B77 at Smith-9th Sts. Try and spot what's wrong with that :P Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I hate seeing inaccurate directions being given out.

I'm still working on my fantasy map but it's never going to be finished :D

Edited by Mysterious2train

PaddleforAutismmap.png

Gorgor's maps are really nice because of how easily editable they are. There's this 'Paddle for Autism' event happening at this Red Hook tomorrow, the website for the event says to take the (F)(G) to the B77 at Smith-9th Sts. Try and spot what's wrong with that :P Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I hate seeing inaccurate directions being given out.

I'm still working on my fantasy map but it's never going to be finished :D

The B77 dosen't run anymore, :lol: