SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The  (D) should run local in Manhattan over night and the  (F) should run local in Queens over night, there is no need for any over night express service.

I disagree. The (D) was my best friend on nights when I'd commute back from this girl's spot in Inwood. I'd catch the (A) local to 145 or 125 and then the (D) would race me out.

Should I read between the lines, or take that at face value?

Anywhere under the train. Doesn't have to be a fatality. 

offical TA radio code per nycsubway.org is person under the train 12-9 unauthorized person is 12-10

http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Subway_FAQ:_Radio_Codes

There's no 12-4?

Man. Tried the subways yesterday to get to Trainworld in Brooklyn and it was a nightmare. I had to settle for a (D) to West 4th Street from Port Authority instead of an (A) that was packed to the brim. Just as well since the wait time for the (F) was a few minutes once I got to the bottom level.

Hated that they had the Ditmas Ave exit closed off as I was at the front of the train. Barely made it to Trainworld before they closed. Went back to Manhattan by way of the (F) and (R). Got a possible glimpse of the future as the (F) ran on the express track after 4 Avenue

All in all, what a mess with all this work and detours as a result. One of the reasons why I'm always iffy about coming to the city on weekends....

Going to correct myself now. Ended up being 4 apparently.

What is going on out here?

< Tried the subways yesterday to get to Trainworld in Brooklyn and it was a nightmare. >

You'd have had a much easier time getting to sister store Trainland out in Lynbrook. And there are more nice diners out there to have lunch.

The  (D) should run local in Manhattan over night and the  (F) should run local in Queens over night, there is no need for any over night express service.

(D) is better off running express during late nights in Manhattan. The  (F) is doing it's job along 6 Av during the night. Now if the ridership increases along 6 Av during late nights the  (D) should run local. I agree that the  (F) should go local during the late nights along QB. There's not a lot of ridership along that line during the night. 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-E.svg.png needs help. 

If the South Side of the Manhattan Bridge closes for inspection like it did from 1988-2001 will the 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-Q.svg.png turn into the 20px-Q_Train_%281988-2001%29.svg.png and if that would happen were will the 20px-Q_Train_%281988-2001%29.svg.png terminate? Also would the 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-W.svg.png go to 2 Av and take 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-Q.svg.png place temporarily?

If the North Side of the Manhattan Bridge was to close for inspection like it did from 1986-1988 and 2001-2004, will the 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-B.svg.pngbe replaced by 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-Qd.svg.pngas the Brighton Express? Would the 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-W.svg.png be re-extended back to Coney Island via West End? 

If it's northbound thats because when a train switches from the Express to the local tracks or vice-versa the train behind either track has to wait until it crosses. 

There was no merging required. The (A)(C) were running via 8th Avenue Local & CPW Local, and the (D) was running via 8th Avenue Express & CPW Express. Yet my (D) express still had to wait for a few minutes south of 59th Street (which would be normal under normal conditions when the (A) and (D) have to merge). 

I can understand waiting at 59th itself (which is what we had to do) but I don't see the point in waiting south of 59th to enter the station.

And before anybody comments, read the GOs for this weekend and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

There was no merging required. The (A)(C) were running via 8th Avenue Local & CPW Local, and the (D) was running via 8th Avenue Express & CPW Express. Yet my (D) express still had to wait for a few minutes south of 59th Street (which would be normal under normal conditions when the (A) and (D) have to merge). 

I can understand waiting at 59th itself (which is what we had to do) but I don't see the point in waiting south of 59th to enter the station.

And before anybody comments, read the GOs for this weekend and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Northbound (A) and (C) Trains were CPW Express because of a G.O. Idk what you're talking about

Northbound (A) and (C) Trains were CPW Express because of a G.O. Idk what you're talking about

The platform conductors at West 4th told me that the (A) and (C) were both running local all the way uptown. Alright that makes sense that we had to wait for the (C) to cross in front of us (assuming there was an (A) in front of that (C)).