BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Ok I ride the s52/53 and the b1/36/74....those are my routes that I ride all the time and I always ride the new buses.

Ok I have questions about these buses...I realized that the lfs problem is the small space and room in back...the 53 riders use up everyseat in the bus....and stand in the back....but b1 riders would leave about 6-7 seats open in back...why the difference with people in the two boroughs?

There's cameras in the staten island lfs but not on the brooklyn ones 8006 I saw...and pple seem to farebeat with the cameras on them...this guy farebeated and saw the cameras and bugged out...

Ok...the 3gs...people in staten island seem to use up all the seats...but of course in b.k. the pple leave about 7 seats open....and the 3gs pull cords seem to never get damaged as the lfs and xd40...I thought they were all the same but the 3gs are thicker...

Now xd40s..these buses are great but have pull cord issues and electrical issues...the pull cords are too low to pple shoulders which probably get stuck in peoples bags etc and when they get up they break....and lots of the cords on the bus strech out and cause pple to pull them harder causing them to break easier...and the announcements on the bus sometimes start to lagg and keep on repeating on and on "please exit through the rear door" 4847 has the problem badly...and sometimes that can be annoying....and I see there's no bell for some of the xd40s when u request a stop...these are just my experiences from riding 4 buses a day and seeing all of these lil problems...and for the xd40s...everyone seems to fill up all the seats and keep the bus crowded.

I don't really have a reason for why people choose to leave some seats open in the back. Sometime people don't live sitting next to other people unless they really have to. The MTA really defeats themself when it comes to helping out the people and stop fare beating. They want to people to have seats on buses but they make the buses smaller and seating lay out different. But this is a problem on the new buses they tell you to tap the tape so the doors can open and when they open they stay open which allows people to enter in through the back doors. So there goes the MTA thinking they handled a problem and then only to gain a new problem. Yesterday on the Q88 a bunch of kids tried to open the back doors and they did it but lucky a guy came and told them to get out and close the door.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I ride the s52/53 and the b1/36/74....those are my routes that I ride all the time and I always ride the new buses.

Ok I have questions about these buses...I realized that the lfs problem is the small space and room in back...the 53 riders use up everyseat in the bus....and stand in the back....but b1 riders would leave about 6-7 seats open in back...why the difference with people in the two boroughs?

There's cameras in the staten island lfs but not on the brooklyn ones 8006 I saw...and pple seem to farebeat with the cameras on them...this guy farebeated and saw the cameras and bugged out...

Ok...the 3gs...people in staten island seem to use up all the seats...but of course in b.k. the pple leave about 7 seats open....and the 3gs pull cords seem to never get damaged as the lfs and xd40...I thought they were all the same but the 3gs are thicker...

I don't really notice that, at least on the S46 (but I'm talking about the older buses. I haven't really been paying attention with the newer ones). People spread their legs out and take up 2 seats and all that.

Wait a second, are all Bx1 routes limited except late nights?

Yes, and also on Sundays.

Can't believe what I saw on the BxM2 tonight. I get on and dip my card and this guy which looked like a bum all sloppily dressed gets on and the B/O basically waives him on and then lets on other folks further on down the line literally inviting them to get on like it's one big party. I thought to myself, so how many folks on this damn bus actually paid?? And here you have the (MTA) complaining about lost revenue... I made sure to note the bus # that's for sure and I'll leave it at that.

Can't believe what I saw on the BxM2 tonight. I get on and dip my card and this guy which looked like a bum all sloppily dressed gets on and the B/O basically waives him on and then lets on other folks further on down the line literally inviting them to get on like it's one big party. I thought to myself, so how many folks on this damn bus actually paid?? And here you have the (MTA) complaining about lost revenue... I made sure to note the bus # that's for sure and I'll leave it at that.

Well that's something new.... Smh at the B/O, very unprofessional and disappointing... Its a shame to see ppl who actually work for the MTA doing this, you would think that they wouldn't do something like this considering the MTA's current financial situation.. very sad and surprising....

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

Well that's something new.... Smh at the B/O, very unprofessional and disappointing... Its a shame to see ppl who actually work for the MTA doing this, you would think that they wouldn't do something like this considering the MTA's current financial situation.. very sad and surprising....

And then they have the nerve to sit there and complain about people not paying... And this crap goes on on this particular bus daily because he's got "regulars" so he's got regulars getting on not paying. I noticed this on another BxM2 going to the city... A few folks get on and ride and don't pay... The figure they are late runs so it's okay. It's not okay... I'm sure I'm going to be paying more just like the rest of us will be next year and I am not sitting back watching these folks get on and not pay $5.50. Unbelievable.

And then they have the nerve to sit there and complain about people not paying... And this crap goes on on this particular bus daily because he's got "regulars" so he's got regulars getting on not paying. I noticed this on another BxM2 going to the city... A few folks get on and ride and don't pay... The figure they are late runs so it's okay. It's not okay... I'm sure I'm going to be paying more just like the rest of us will be next year and I am not sitting back watching these folks get on and not pay $5.50. Unbelievable.

Smh.. you definetly should report this driver cuz that isn't fair. Its not fair for ppl (like yourself) to pay their fare as you are supposed to, but then others to just get a free ride.. I don't know where ppl's mindsets are these days... and I bet that these ppl (those who don't pay) will complain as soon as the fare goes up too -__-

Yes, and also on Sundays.

Thanks, I don't always ride the bus often, but I was noticing that the Bx2 was local (no more limited) and the Bx1 Limited. It reminds me of another bus route I enjoy..the Q44 Limited.

What does him being dressed like a bum have to do with anything?

Edited by trainfan22

What does him being dressed like a bum have to do with anything?

Simple... I knew he had no intention of paying from the start... In fact quite frankly I thought he was sitting there in the bus shelter because he was looking for the local bus or even a place to sleep, since some bums sleep in those bus shelters and then I moved since he was gawking at me so hard that I wasn't sure if was trying to steal my Whole Foods bag or what and then as I suspected, he got right on and took a seat with the B/O letting him of course. The point is that if my fare and everyone else's fare has to go up then these people should not be riding for free, period. None of this crony BS... You get on the bus... You pay. In these financial times it's even more insulting.

He's sitting there talking about "Yeah get on, it's a LONG RIDE" and I'm saying to myself what is this supposed to be the ride for free express bus? All of these folks just stepping on and not paying and he's literally inviting them to get on.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

That's strange because usually if any bus drivers challenge passengers for the fare, It's the express bus drivers. And It's because they have more customers like VG8 that will get into their ear and complain and write letters to the MTA (no offence). I believe that everyone should pay and if you can't, walk. But most people don't complain on local buses because it's more common place to see fare evasion. On express buses where there is only one door, customers look at the driver as responsible for making sure everyone pays. I would be pissed off too if i paid my $5.50 and then turned around and watched the people standing behind me the waltz right on without paying.

That's strange because usually if any bus drivers challenge passengers for the fare, It's the express bus drivers. And It's because they have more customers like VG8 that will get into their ear and complain and write letters to the MTA (no offence). I believe that everyone should pay and if you can't, walk. But most people don't complain on local buses because it's more common place to see fare evasion. On express buses where there is only one door, customers look at the driver as responsible for making sure everyone pays. I would be pissed off too if i paid my $5.50 and then turned around and watched the people standing behind me the waltz right on without paying.

Yeah, but this was the B/O letting these people get on for free because he either knew them or they were regulars and were cool with him, not because they were trying to beat the fare. It's similar to the woman groupies that sit in the front of the express bus to make the B/O feel "special". I could see one person, but then I saw a few more folks get on at other stops and then that's when I got pissed. And yes I did write in too, as soon as I got in. He thought by putting out the lights that no one would see but I already knew he had let the guy on at my stop because he never pulled out a MetroCard or anything.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8