BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

The eagle teams usually hang near the St. George Terminal during rush hours. But yeah, you would think that them seeing people being pulled off would be a wake-up call to them and use better judgement, but I guess they want to learn the hard way.

They need to spread out to the major points/transfer points of those lines. They did that once before when I saw them nab some farebeaters at Broadway/Forest Avenue one afternoon.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to spread out to the major points/transfer points of those lines. They did that once before when I saw them nab some farebeaters at Broadway/Forest Avenue one afternoon.

Oh, I couldn't agree more. The only other place I know they've been is near the Staten Island Mall.

The thing is, they can't. If they get too confrontational supervisors and management will not be happy. The most they should be doing is calmly stating the fare as $2.50 and hitting F4. If the police are dispatched to meet the bus due to the F4 call they'll take care of if. Speaking of that, I've been hearing stories about MTAPD and the MTA Bridge & Tunnel cops responding to F4 calls lately, especially in Queens near railroad/B&T property instead of the local NYPD precinct. Guess NYPD is failing to do their job and work with the TA on these issues as usual...

i thought they press F5 and yeah they don't want a confrontation cause i remember "brooklyn67" who used to run bustalk forums and posted on subchat when i lurked over there said he scolded his new boot that he was line training about that 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

i thought they press F5 and yeah they don't want a confrontation cause i remember "brooklyn67" who used to run bustalk forums and posted on subchat when i lurked over there said he scolded his new boot that he was line training about that

F5 is for farebeaters...F4 is for student half fare

The thing is, they can't. If they get too confrontational supervisors and management will not be happy. The most they should be doing is calmly stating the fare as $2.50 and hitting F4. If the police are dispatched to meet the bus due to the F4 call they'll take care of if. Speaking of that, I've been hearing stories about MTAPD and the MTA Bridge & Tunnel cops responding to F4 calls lately, especially in Queens near railroad/B&T property instead of the local NYPD precinct. Guess NYPD is failing to do their job and work with the TA on these issues as usual...

All the F5 button does is tally that there was a short fare.  It doesn't magically notify NYPD that there are fare beaters on board.

So I took the B84 today... the 12:21 PM bus from New Lots to Gateway... I was the only rider on the bus. On the bright side, we did make the trip in only 10 minutes (compared to 19 mins allotted by the schedule) I did see a few people along the route eye the bus weirdly. 

I committed a cardinal sin by taking the Bx41. The schedule really does allot too much. Traffic was generally good, but my B/O did drag his feet in a few places to not be too much ahead of schedule. Seems with these new schedules the MTA would rather give too much time than give too little time and have to go back and revise the schedules (which I remember happening with the M15 SBS). I'm really not fond of how the N/B Bx15 stop was moved at the Hub. 

So I took the B84 today... the 12:21 PM bus from New Lots to Gateway... I was the only rider on the bus. On the bright side, we did make the trip in only 10 minutes (compared to 19 mins allotted by the schedule) I did see a few people along the route eye the bus weirdly. 

A bus with one person on it?? Better not say that too loud.  Andrew will want it cut immediately. It's not a vital service to the community.  <_<