BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Idk if this I said the real reason(s), but for money, I guess bus construction is cheaper the less windows you make.

Because SEPTAs buses are being built at the same time, so it would be easier (and faster) to build them all at the same time looking the same to get buses out faster.

Okay, why are they removing the back windows? :(

Fewer customizations=less man power=faster production & lower costs.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

So I caught 7204 on the B62 last night Downtown Brooklyn. While I enjoyed the ride from Bk to LIC (new fresh bus smell and all), I realized that the XD40 is not really ideal for rush hour crowding, especially on routes like the ones at Flatbush.

How does the XDs deal with crowding? Is it the same as C40LF? I remember the XD being a C40LF-ified LFS.

Alright, who knocked down the Q52/53 signs :rolleyes: ?. Because the sign was no longer there (intact), people were scattered all over hoffman drive today. The lines for the 11/21/52/53 were all mixed into one huge crowd.

Noticed that too. People still seemed to know where the stop's at and lined up in the right spot.

What's the word on the M86SBS and B46SBS. I know that I may be speaking very early just simply b/c there are no new buses yet.

B46 IDK (maybe using orions like the M34 did until the LFSAs arrived), but the M86 has buses that it can use for SBS.

M86 is likely starting this spring. Again, I have no info on the B46.

Alright, who knocked down the Q52/53 signs :rolleyes: ?. Because the sign was no longer there (intact), people were scattered all over hoffman drive today. The lines for the 11/21/52/53 were all mixed into one huge crowd.

SmhLol.... this is akin to someone removing Q113 signs down in far rockaway some years back...

What I mean to say is that Ive seen some Next Gens when stepping inside the bus, in the middle section theres 2 seats together on the left and right

Most of the NG's that were at 126 have an odd seating configuration because of the time they spent on the M60. When we took the luggage racks out of those buses, we didn't have the right seats to put back. We put in whatever we could find because those seat are hard to come by brand new or even used from another depot.

The sign got hit pretty bad. The pole's sitting on the sidewalk now behind the Q11 stop all bent.

Wonder what happened in the first place. One day it's there, the other day it has fallen.

SmhLol.... this is akin to someone removing Q113 signs down in far rockaway some years back...

Didn't someone try removing S74 bus signs too when the 74 got routed via Rossville. IIRC, I remember someone saying that on here.

Guys, do you remember when the first LFS's came in, they stuck them in random places? Along with the LFS came the XDs and some other bus that didn't look modern at all. I remember it on the Q88. It had a really high back and looked a bit squary. In the back, your legs would be over the bottom of the window. Do you guys remember it and what is it called?