BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she had time to get in front of the bus then she wasn't at a bus stop when the bus went by so I wouldn't pick her up. Nope, I'm not opening my doors until someone from the Mta who will take responsibility off me say so. Plus I can just imagine her getting on the bus and making a scene. Nope, I wouldn't do it.

A few things.

-5603 sounds musical. That may be GH's best D60HF.

-There's an OG Hybrid on the Bx27. A GH Hybrid on the 36 and a QV (I think) LFS on the 36.

-I saw 677 parked in WF lot so they may be refraining from using it due to the CNG issues.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by DaTransitMan4608

Over the past few days I've noticed a lot of the 5th Avenue related service alerts have had a "BxM5" mentioned among the Bronx express buses.

Even though I only used it once from Grand Concourse to Manhattan, i miss the BxM5 so badly. Apparently there's people among the MTA that think it still exists even though it was cut 7 years ago.

Over the past few days I've noticed a lot of the 5th Avenue related service alerts have had a "BxM5" mentioned among the Bronx express buses.

Even though I only used it once from Grand Concourse to Manhattan, i miss the BxM5 so badly. Apparently there's people among the MTA that think it still exists even though it was cut 7 years ago.

lol Wasn't that the BxM4A? They make TONS of typos all of the time.  It's really annoying too.  Last night they had this alert about buses being delayed in Riverdale due to snow being removed from 239th to 232nd.  Well I didn't see any such thing.  Snow removal was taking place further south by Kappock Street and Knolls Crescent.  

A few things.

-There's an OG Hybrid on the Bx27. A GH Hybrid on the 36 and a QV (I think) LFS on the 36.

-I saw 677 parked in WF lot so they may be refraining from using it due to the CNG issues.

So far regarding QV loans only 6859, 6860, 6880, 6884, 6890, 6901, and 6904 were assigned to WF. No other bus from QV had been spotted yet.

Edit: add 6883 to the list.

Edited by ShadeJay

A few things.

677 doesn't usually run during this time of the day. It usually does a few trips in the morning rush before heading back to the depot either to stay oos for the day or for driver training.

Most articulated routes are using 40-foot buses today. The Bronx is loaning some Jamaica LFS' and there's an RTS on the Bx1.

Confirmed. Rode 4655 on the Q10LTD this morning. It's all 40 footers on the Q10 and Q111/113/114 today. I passed by JFK depot on the Q3 and all the artics are parked up.

Who was the "transit enthusiast" on the Q3 this morning????