BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Agreed, but these buses were originally wrapped SBS buses. They just ran them non-stop, then unwrapped them and did nothing else really. Lucky if they got a paint job.

It's sad to see that those buses might go in two years, but knowing the funding and what's going on, won't be for another 10 years before those buses go.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Agreed, but these buses were originally wrapped SBS buses. They just ran them non-stop, then unwrapped them and did nothing else really. Lucky if they got a paint job.

1218 was repainted. The ones that came from the M15 SBS didn't get a paint job (yet)

Looks like the Fare Required displays are up on Ulmer Park & Flatbush buses. * I might be a little late to the party*.  I want to see how the (MTA) is going to enforce the fare policy while you have a fair amount of people NOT working. I get revenue is down but right now is not the time to ask local bus commuters to pay. 

I saw on the news that some dude assaulted two traffic safety officers. Eagle team gonna have their hands full with the SBS routes, especially considering that NYPD isn't bothering with farebeaters on the subway these days. So farebeaters aren't going to take kindly to these Eagle Team people trying to enforce the fare...

In preparation for Monday, I noticed on the B4 #440, the curtain is removed and that the 3-seat bench is back. Some local buses will have the slide-in curtain as the other one is the barrier. 

Edited by Calvin

58 minutes ago, Calvin said:

In preparation for Monday, I noticed on the B4 #440, the curtain is removed and that the 3-seat bench is back. Some local buses will have the slide-in curtain as the other one is the barrier. 

7220 from Grand Avenue Depot has the plastic slide-in curtain. 

6 hours ago, NBTA said:

It's sad to see that those buses might go in two years, but knowing the funding and what's going on, won't be for another 10 years before those buses go.

Yeah, if they retired them now, wouldn't be the worst thing.

5 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

1218 was repainted. The ones that came from the M15 SBS didn't get a paint job (yet)

Interesting. I do recall seeing a 12XX bus and that bus was in pitiful shape. that was a few years ago. I think it was a Bx4 bus.

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Looks like the Fare Required displays are up on Ulmer Park & Flatbush buses. * I might be a little late to the party*.  I want to see how the (MTA) is going to enforce the fare policy while you have a fair amount of people NOT working. I get revenue is down but right now is not the time to ask local bus commuters to pay. 

Without federal funding, both unemployed commuters and the (MTA) are in big trouble...

I'm on an out-of-service bus… weird. Not picking up anybody along the way. It's also taking a shortcut (compared to its usual route). Probably going to be my first and last “express” bus ride in a long time.

Edited by CenSin

1 hour ago, CenSin said:

I'm on an out-of-service bus… weird. Not picking up anybody along the way. It's also taking a shortcut (compared to its usual route). Probably going to be my first and last “express” bus ride in a long time.

Yeah, @Via Garibaldi 8 & @QM1to6Ave have been talking about the games some of these express bus ops have been playing over the past couple months in his (VG8's) express bus advocacy group thread.... I haven't been on an express bus for months now & I have to say that this type of shit is also looming to be a deterrent for me.... I can't say I blame you.

18 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Was the white line on the buses moved or that it's a brand new line but being stepped on? 

IIRC the MTA talked about moving the white line back on buses a while back in an effort to help keep some distance between riders and the driver after the chains and plastic barrier were removed.

For those keeping score, all non-SIM (BxM/QM/BM/X) express buses will charge local fares between 1am and 5am, and paper transfers from local buses will be accepted on those express buses.

Also, you’ll be allowed to request a paper transfer even if you pay with a Metrocard, or even another paper transfer.

Thats the memo. Whether bus operators will be aware of said memo will be a whole other matter.

Edited by paulrivera

17 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

For those keeping score, all non-SIM (BxM/QM/BM/X) express buses will charge local fares between 1am and 5am, and paper transfers from local buses will be accepted on those express buses.

Also, you’ll be allowed to request a paper transfer even if you pay with a Metrocard, or even another paper transfer.

Thats the memo. Whether bus operators will be aware of said memo will be a whole other matter.

With this tidbit not being on the MTA website, I'm afraid that there will be instances where some operators will forget and accidentally try to charge riders. 

21 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Good to know... Thanks.

2 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

With this tidbit not being on the MTA website, I'm afraid that there will be instances where some operators will forget and accidentally try to charge riders. 

Oh, there'll be instances where b/o's will "accidentally" charge riders the regular express bus fare alright....

6 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Oh, there'll be instances where b/o's will "accidentally" charge riders the regular express bus fare alright....

Then next thing you know, they "accidentally" skip your stop too.

I haven't took the express bus in a month, and I'm glad I haven't.