Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Yesterday early morning (9/27) after having rode the full B62 from Downtown Bklyn., I caught a Q60.... I was hoping for a Q66, but I pretty much had a *I'm taking whatever the f*** comes first* mindset (between the Q32, 60, or 66) - which is why I got on that Q60 (bus #5366)... News to me that they even had artics running on the Q60 (although I did see a couple 40-footers in the other direction, heading back towards Manhattan).... Anyway, there were 2 other people on it before I got on... About 3 or 4 other people total boarded, before I got off.... Long story short, when the bus hit 80th, all but one passenger was left on the bus.... 1 of the people that got off, went to catch the subway (we reached 80 rd. at 5:10am, so the subway just started passenger consumption for the morning or w/e)... The rest of us that got off (incl. myself), did so to catch the Q10...

I had really wanted to do the Q35-Q53-Q32-B99 back to Brooklyn, but I missed the Rockaway bound Q35 at the Junction, so that's why I ended up taking the B41 to the B62 (had to run for it too, as I saw heard the bus powering on from a distance).... So I ended up doing the B41-B62-Q60-Q10-B15 (full route, bolded) & walked from E. 98th, home... There weren't any B35's in sight around 7am at the terminal & since it was a nice breeze out, I just walked it.

The outbound Q32's I've been seeing and/or taking during the overnight hrs. have been pretty crowded... That last stop in Manhattan before it crosses the bridge is usually the heaviest; anywhere b/w like 3-7 people at a time.... Rest of the ride before the fact, is usually 1 person boarding here, one person boarding there, until the bus slowly starts to build a crowd....

Usually from what I've seen, the inbound Q60s do decent at night once the bus hits Sunnyside, and the Q32 is more packed headed towards Queens. The reasoning behind it is likely because the Q60 tends to be more frequent than the Q32 at nights, so people will just get on the first thing that shows up and walk if needed (this is especially true on the buses just after 1 AM). The Q32  buses into Manhattan don't do too bad either, as there are a lot of people which also use the bus for Woodside and Jackson Heights.  

Speaking of the M15, while petty/selfish, I started to get miffed, the last time I took it from Whitehall (either this past Tuesday or Wednesday).... Don't have my log in front of me, but it was a little after 4am, after having came off the M20... I was at the stop by myself, then all of a sudden, like 40 mf-ers came from the ferry & motioned towards the bus (it was on layover when I got there).... I honestly wasn't expecting that... Anyway, IDK where the b/o came from, but I guess when he saw all them dam people, he prolly said to himself, yeah, time to get tf outta here... I let a couple ppl. on before me, but I'm like there's no way in f*** I'm letting all y'all in ahead of me... I wasn't waiting there for long though, maybe about 5 mins. - so yeah, guess I lucked out....

I haven't gone all the way to South Ferry on the M15, but I've used it on the portion between 86th Street and 6th Street. The buses on the Upper East Side are generally not very full (I believe that most people in East Harlem are actually using the Bx99, but am not too sure about that). The bus usually doesn't make any stops between 86th Street and 61st Street, and then it starts filling up there. By the time it reaches 14th Street though, there's more riders on. I haven't used the M20 at night, but I feel like a lot less people are seeking M20s, especially with the B99 and M7 good chunks of the route. 

You mention the Q102... I actually saw a Q102 (Astoria bound) yesterday morning - just as I was coming out of that corner store on 28th/Queens plz. south, I saw it making that right turn on 28th (if it helps, this was around 4:30 am).... The last thing I was thinking about after I got off that B62, was a Q102 though... lol.... Can't say I'm particularly interested in riding to RI during that time of day/night, and towards the Astoria PJ's in the opposite direction, I'm not too sure if the Q18's running overnight (is it?).....

There's a couple things I wanna knock off a bucket list, but most of these overnight excursions I've been doing, are rather whimsical... I'd like to compile a list of every route that now operate during the overnight hours, but I've been lazy as shit (which also explains the lack of a planned/itinerary) :lol::lol:

Of course you still gotta be on your guard regardless, but I have to say though, that riding buses overnights within the city are actually a lot more tolerable now, than before the crisis...

I'm just more interested in riding CNG buses on the Q102 since it's been a while since that last occurred (and even then, it wasn't on a regular basis). Although yeah, it's a PITA especially since the Q102 now operates every 30 minutes instead of every 20 minutes, and it's the only thing on both ends of the route after a certain hour (IIRC the tram stops operating at around 2:30). Like checkmate said earlier, the Q18 isn't an overnight route, but has a long span of service. It's just that period for 2 hours and 40 minutes between 2:00 AM and 4:40 AM where there's no Q18 service from Astoria. 

I've also been kinda lazy when it comes to traveling out overnights. Still wish I got the chance to ride the Bx4 when West Farms was running the overnight hours (prior to the Bx99, West Farms operated the Bx4 and the supplemental Bx40s). Now it's just standard Gun Hill buses. 

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Usually from what I've seen, the inbound Q60s do decent at night once the bus hits Sunnyside, and the Q32 is more packed headed towards Queens. The reasoning behind it is likely because the Q60 tends to be more frequent than the Q32 at nights, so people will just get on the first thing that shows up and walk if needed (this is especially true on the buses just after 1 AM). The Q32 buses into Manhattan don't do too bad either, as there are a lot of people which also use the bus for Woodside and Jackson Heights. 

Hmm, guess I'll try that... Instead of taking the full Q66 from QBP, I'll get off at 82nd to do the full WB Q32.

Not sure if you've rode the Q66 overnights in these past couple months, but I find it kinda funny that buses are practically empty for the most part, up until it hits the 80's & 90's (streets).... I shit you not, one time I did the full Q66 (about a month or so ago) where two people got off at Broadway - which had me being the only person on the bus up until 80th (I think that stop is, the one before 82nd)... about a handful of people got on....

.....Then we hit 82nd, another 7-10 people.... Kept getting 1 person here, 2 people there b/w 82nd (not inclusive) to 114th - and the next thing you know, I'm at the back of the bus, looking forward at a bunch of standees on a crowded bus, as we're heading towards Flushing.... I'm looking around in awe like, tf did this happen.....

I haven't gone all the way to South Ferry on the M15, but I've used it on the portion between 86th Street and 6th Street. The buses on the Upper East Side are generally not very full (I believe that most people in East Harlem are actually using the Bx99, but am not too sure about that). The bus usually doesn't make any stops between 86th Street and 61st Street, and then it starts filling up there. By the time it reaches 14th Street though, there's more riders on. I haven't used the M20 at night, but I feel like a lot less people are seeking M20s, especially with the B99 and M7 good chunks of the route.

SB M20 sees decent usage FWIW; the bulk of it is between 50th & 14th.... Basically, I'm finding that anyone on the bus south of 14th is pretty much taking it to South Ferry... Stragglers boarding between 14th & say Chambers, is rather rare.... BPC of course, is a god damn dead zone.... Anyway, last time I took the full SB M20, at its max., there was about 25 people or so on it.... Other times, it was closer to 15-20....

That's just the SB buses, but what I'm doubting, is that reciprocated usage for the NB buses - for reasons you've mentioned in that very last sentence.... Just about everyone's taking NB Bx99's over NB M20's up from the Hudson Sq. / West Village general region of the borough.... B99's seem to be more utilized along 8th over the M20 as well.... Oddly enough, the only time I've been seeing the M7 is when SB buses make that stop on 14th st/7th av....

Of the times I took the NB M15 after having gotten off the SB M20, I haven't taken it further than Allen/Grand (different reasons, each time)... Walked from there to the B99 (Mott/Canal stop) back to Brooklyn....

I'll get around to it, but I'd like to do the full (of each) M20 - M15 - M103 overnight... Not sure what to do after reaching Park Row though... Maybe take a SIM bus or something (haven't been to SI in months).... That, or walk up to Canal back for a Brooklyn bound B99 or M99....

I'm just more interested in riding CNG buses on the Q102 since it's been a while since that last occurred (and even then, it wasn't on a regular basis). Although yeah, it's a PITA especially since the Q102 now operates every 30 minutes instead of every 20 minutes, and it's the only thing on both ends of the route after a certain hour (IIRC the tram stops operating at around 2:30). Like checkmate said earlier, the Q18 isn't an overnight route, but has a long span of service. It's just that period for 2 hours and 40 minutes between 2:00 AM and 4:40 AM where there's no Q18 service from Astoria.

I've also been kinda lazy when it comes to traveling out overnights. Still wish I got the chance to ride the Bx4 when West Farms was running the overnight hours (prior to the Bx99, West Farms operated the Bx4 and the supplemental Bx40s). Now it's just standard Gun Hill buses.

I'm just interested in seeing how dead (or alive, enough) the areas the routes passes through are during that time of the night, as well as the patronage of said routes themselves....

As far as the Q18, cool.... That's good enough for me... Worst comes to worst, I'd have to walk from the projects to Astoria blvd subway for the M60... That, or the Q100 on 21st.... Of the times I've been around QBP, I haven't seen a Q100 yet (well in service anyway).... Coming in from Queens into Manhattan, you'd have a better chance at seeing one.... Have you?

I haven't been doing much of any Bronx fanning... The time I took the full Bx99 (which was the last trip of the night), I took the Bx16 to WPR for the inbound BxM11.... Before that, nada..... IDK what I'd even want to do overnights in the Bronx... I'd have to look at that overnight Bronx bus service map; hopefully they didn't take those overnight borough bus maps down too....

Edited by B35 via Church

I happened to catch the M8 yesterday because it was less than 5 minutes away for once (also had pretty decent ridership), anyone know why/how 6739 has the same interior layout in the back as our now retired Orion 7 CNGs?

It kinda threw me off because to my knowledge the other units at Quill all have the longitudinal seats in the back.

44 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I happened to catch the M8 yesterday because it was less than 5 minutes away for once (also had pretty decent ridership), anyone know why/how 6739 has the same interior layout in the back as our now retired Orion 7 CNGs?

It kinda threw me off because to my knowledge the other units at Quill all have the longitudinal seats in the back.

That is strange. As far as I know, the ones in Manhattanville also have the seating that 6739 has as well. Therefore, I always thought it was a spec for buses up to around 6728 or so

On 9/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, B35 via Church said:

Hmm, guess I'll try that... Instead of taking the full Q66 from QBP, I'll get off at 82nd to do the full WB Q32.

Not sure if you've rode the Q66 overnights in these past couple months, but I find it kinda funny that buses are practically empty for the most part, up until it hits the 80's & 90's (streets).... I shit you not, one time I did the full Q66 (about a month or so ago) where two people got off at Broadway - which had me being the only person on the bus up until 80th (I think that stop is, the one before 82nd)... about a handful of people got on....

.....Then we hit 82nd, another 7-10 people.... Kept getting 1 person here, 2 people there b/w 82nd (not inclusive) to 114th - and the next thing you know, I'm at the back of the bus, looking forward at a bunch of standees on a crowded bus, as we're heading towards Flushing.... I'm looking around in awe like, tf did this happen.....

I haven't been on the overnight trips, but I have been on the buses just before midnight (when the buses were free), and the section between Jackson Heights and Flushing tend to be heavy, so that's not too surprising. Buses left crushloaded from Flushing, and then by the time it got to the 70s, it was only SRO. What's surprising is Q66 buses getting crushloaded like that at that time. 

On 9/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, B35 via Church said:

I'm just interested in seeing how dead (or alive, enough) the areas the routes passes through are during that time of the night, as well as the patronage of said routes themselves....

As far as the Q18, cool.... That's good enough for me... Worst comes to worst, I'd have to walk from the projects to Astoria blvd subway for the M60... That, or the Q100 on 21st.... Of the times I've been around QBP, I haven't seen a Q100 yet (well in service anyway).... Coming in from Queens into Manhattan, you'd have a better chance at seeing one.... Have you?

I haven't been doing much of any Bronx fanning... The time I took the full Bx99 (which was the last trip of the night), I took the Bx16 to WPR for the inbound BxM11.... Before that, nada..... IDK what I'd even want to do overnights in the Bronx... I'd have to look at that overnight Bronx bus service map; hopefully they didn't take those overnight borough bus maps down too....

The Q100 still runs hourly, so it honestly depends on the bus and time it arrives Queens Plaza. I haven't seen one, on the instances I've taken the local buses across the bridge.

57 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

A lot of the 3500’s have that style seating in the back too. I’m guessing only the 2007 models have the longitudinal seating in the back and all the 2004-2006 models have the forward facing seats. 

Seems like every OG hybrid that came before ENY batch of 67/6800 buses has those two forward facing seats in the rear. It probably was simply an spec change by the MTA. 

The changeover happened somewhere in the 6700s, not sure which exact bus it was though as I rarely ride MCH 40ft routes and whenever I do, I always get an NG.

Edited by trainfan22

Question: Does the Q48 starts it trip to Flushing-Main St before entering the LGA terminal or that the last stop is inside one of the terminals? Same with the Q72 to Rego Park

Edited by Calvin

21 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Question: Does the Q48 starts it trip to Flushing-Main St before entering the LGA terminal or that the last stop is inside one of the terminals? Same with the Q72 to Rego Park

Neither, it loops through LGA and goes back to Flushing.

• Thanks 1

@B35 via Church If I were you and wanted to do an early-morning SIM trip I would go Friday night/Saturday morning. The SIM4C starts much earlier (6:45am out of Midtown vs. 10:20am on weekdays) and I believe the SIM1C runs every 30 minutes (vs. 60 minutes for overnights) starting at an earlier timeframe. The only thing that starts later is the SIM33C (I know it's 7:10am on the weekdays, but I think it's somewhere around 8am on weekends. I have to double-check)

Obviously those times are from CPS & 6th so add around 30 minutes or so for the Barclay Street times. (Also little side note but the SIM33C stops closer to Park Place compared to the SIM1C/3C/4C. Not sure why. Maybe something to do with the countdown clock at the stop)

The only disadvantage (well might be a big one depending on what you're looking to fan) is that some of the local routes don't run weekends. 

Or I have another idea, maybe from the M103 you can take the PATH to NJ, make your way down to Bayonne (by HBLR or the #10 or #81 bus), take the S89 into SI, and then figure out what you want to do from there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

I think the operator (if they remember) changes the destination sign at either Terminal C or D, I forgot... but you are allowed to stay on the bus the whole trip. They take a short break if they're a bit early at terminal D. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I haven't been on the overnight trips, but I have been on the buses just before midnight (when the buses were free), and the section between Jackson Heights and Flushing tend to be heavy, so that's not too surprising. Buses left crushloaded from Flushing, and then by the time it got to the 70s, it was only SRO. What's surprising is Q66 buses getting crushloaded like that at that time. 

The Q100 still runs hourly, so it honestly depends on the bus and time it arrives Queens Plaza. I haven't seen one, on the instances I've taken the local buses across the bridge.

Yeah, that's what I'm speaking to - the time at which it occurred... Of all of us that got off in Flushing, I'd say it was more or less equally dispersed between taking the overnight Q44 up to the Bronx & the Q44 towards Jamaica..... I know that portion of the Q66 is the heaviest during the rest of the day & it's one of the main reasons I concur with the proposed QT66......

As for the Q100, gotcha.

35 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@B35 via Church If I were you and wanted to do an early-morning SIM trip I would go Friday night/Saturday morning. The SIM4C starts much earlier (6:45am out of Midtown vs. 10:20am on weekdays) and I believe the SIM1C runs every 30 minutes (vs. 60 minutes for overnights) starting at an earlier timeframe. The only thing that starts later is the SIM33C (I know it's 7:10am on the weekdays, but I think it's somewhere around 8am on weekends. I have to double-check)

Obviously those times are from CPS & 6th so add around 30 minutes or so for the Barclay Street times. (Also little side note but the SIM33C stops closer to Park Place compared to the SIM1C/3C/4C. Not sure why. Maybe something to do with the countdown clock at the stop)

The only disadvantage (well might be a big one depending on what you're looking to fan) is that some of the local routes don't run weekends. 

Or I have another idea, maybe from the M103 you can take the PATH to NJ, make your way down to Bayonne (by HBLR or the #10 or #81 bus), take the S89 into SI, and then figure out what you want to do from there.

Hmm... I suppose I could parlay it into an NJT trip... Usually when I take PATH out of WTC in the wee hrs. of the morning, it's to Newark to ride the first or second trip of the 7x routes.... Usually do the #79x → #29x back to Newark from Parsippany, or the #73 → #70 back to Newark from Livingston Mall (love that nonstop stint b/w Short Hills mall & Livingston mall on the 70)....

Don't particularly care much for Bayonne, but if I were to take the #10 from JSQ there, I would do it for another reason: The #120 (back to Manhattan)... I've been procrastinating on fanning that route again for literally years.... I would fan it more if it weren't a peak direction route.

But yeah, whenever I get around to that M20-M15-M103 bit, I'll turn in into a small Jersey trip... Good call smiley-thumbup.gif

6 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

I think the operator (if they remember) changes the destination sign at either Terminal C or D, I forgot... but you are allowed to stay on the bus the whole trip. They take a short break if they're a bit early at terminal D. 

Due to the construction going on inside the airport & what not, said short break is now taken at Ditmars/102nd....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Just passed by a B49 Next Gen Orion VII model with the destination "Church Av" and another B49 behind heading to Bed-Stuy at Ocean Av and Av. R 1 hour ago. Seems that school trippers have resumed. 

5 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Just passed by a B49 Next Gen Orion VII model with the destination "Church Av" and another B49 behind heading to Bed-Stuy at Ocean Av and Av. R 1 hour ago. Seems that school trippers have resumed. 

They’re out on the Bx1, Bx9, M11, B16, and B63 as well, all with their regular school trippers.

Bus #5821 (Tuskegee) needs to be fumigated or something... I can forgive the fact that more than half the seats in the back of the bus were wet, but the very last row of seats in the very back of the bus had dozens of roaches crawling around....

Pushed my luck 2 nights ago in the downpour & finally got around to doing the M3 → M101 combo back & forth from/to Astor.... Had to chuckle at the M3 op' I had that dropped me off at 193rd - she busted a clean u-turn, turned off the interior lights, and hauled it the f*** on outta there... Like, time to go HOME :lol:

I can understand it, after having to deal with this nutcase standing in front of the bus at E. 100th (over there by Mt. Sinai Hospital)... Dude was dragging a big ass bag of *whatever*; looked as if he was actually trying to catch a cab.... Then around W. 145th, this dude got on the bus with a ripped up shirt on & (basically) poom-poom shorts acting all belligerent (don't know wtf his problem was)..... Not too long after that guy got off (181st), a fight broke out somewhere around, I wanna say, W 184th or 185th (too dark out to tell).....

• LMAO! 3

I was lucky enough to catch the B32 today at last after because I do not like waiting around 20-30 minutes for a bus. The times in the past that I would try to fan the route I would either have to wait a long time for it or I just missed the last bus of the day. The one thing I noticed about the route is that it doesn’t seem like it’s done any better than how it did a few years back in 2018 when I last took it. I know covid-19 hit and has affected ridership so maybe in fact it was doing better before the city shutdown. I just don’t see it really gaining much more ridership than what it already has. It either has to be extended somewhere or it serves LI City and Williamsburg’s by itself without the B62 a few blocks over. I noticed in Greenpoint and Williamsburg a lot of people seem to take alternative ways of getting around whether that is Uber, biking or walking. I don’t usually see B62’s packed around there either but it does better than the B32 in terms of ridership. I do think that it’s frequency and span of service hurts the B32 the most. Seven years later and still running every half an hour. And then after 9/9:30pm that’s it for the B32 even though the neighborhoods it travels through are still lively. Under the Brooklyn bus redesign I just don’t see both the B32 and B62 sticking around together.

I personally believe the MTA is going to find a way to combine the B61 and B62 again or maybe the B62 and some other route and terminate it at the bus plaza in Williamsburg. I can see the B32 being the only one serving the areas between LI City and Williamsburg. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Bus #5821 (Tuskegee) needs to be fumigated or something... I can forgive the fact that more than half the seats in the back of the bus were wet, but the very last row of seats in the very back of the bus had dozens of roaches crawling around

i gotta be honest here... trust me, i agree with the sentiment expressed. roaches on buses are very prevalent, believe it or not. however, management has never pulled buses off the road for roach infestation. they throw down roach traps (yeah... household roach traps) and call it a day. only bed bugs get buses pulled from revenue service. this goes back to when RTS's were around. if you've noticed, some B/O's don't turn their lights completely off on layovers... this is why. if you do, you'll without a doubt hear a crunch or 3 of roaches under your work shoes, depending on the bus model. RTS's & D60HF's were mobile roach versions of the Marriott/Hilton. never seen roaches on the orion NG's personally, although I've heard stories. 

• LMAO! 2

15 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I was lucky enough to catch the B32 today at last after because I do not like waiting around 20-30 minutes for a bus. The times in the past that I would try to fan the route I would either have to wait a long time for it or I just missed the last bus of the day. The one thing I noticed about the route is that it doesn’t seem like it’s done any better than how it did a few years back in 2018 when I last took it. I know covid-19 hit and has affected ridership so maybe in fact it was doing better before the city shutdown. I just don’t see it really gaining much more ridership than what it already has. It either has to be extended somewhere or it serves LI City and Williamsburg’s by itself without the B62 a few blocks over. I noticed in Greenpoint and Williamsburg a lot of people seem to take alternative ways of getting around whether that is Uber, biking or walking. I don’t usually see B62’s packed around there either but it does better than the B32 in terms of ridership. I do think that it’s frequency and span of service hurts the B32 the most. Seven years later and still running every half an hour. And then after 9/9:30pm that’s it for the B32 even though the neighborhoods it travels through are still lively. Under the Brooklyn bus redesign I just don’t see both the B32 and B62 sticking around together.

I personally believe the MTA is going to find a way to combine the B61 and B62 again or maybe the B62 and some other route and terminate it at the bus plaza in Williamsburg. I can see the B32 being the only one serving the areas between LI City and Williamsburg. 

Looking at what they have in store for Queens, I don't think the B62 will even be a thing.

As far as the B32, yeah, it's potential is more or less maxed out.... WIlliamsburg patrons, in greater numbers, would rather consider taking the Q59 to the (G) to Court Sq. before taking the B32 straight there (of course, the (L) to the (G) is their ideal commute).... If it's not at WBP itself, B32 patronage in/out of Williamsburg is very weak... At WBP, it's mainly people coming off other bus routes (or the (J)) to catch it.... Most the overall/consistent B32 usage is between Court Sq. & Greenpoint (no further south than Greenpoint av,)... SB south of Calyer, forget about it - it's basically stragglers....

Yeah, Williamsburg is lively at night, but the night time crowds wouldn't patronize the B32 if its span were to be broadened, regardless... Too many people getting around by cabs, bikes, or the good ole two (feet) enough to care... Besides, Williamsburg residents tend to be averse to WBP itself - which the B32 goes no further south than....

5 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i gotta be honest here... trust me, i agree with the sentiment expressed. roaches on buses are very prevalent, believe it or not. however, management has never pulled buses off the road for roach infestation. they throw down roach traps (yeah... household roach traps) and call it a day. only bed bugs get buses pulled from revenue service. this goes back to when RTS's were around. if you've noticed, some B/O's don't turn their lights completely off on layovers... this is why. if you do, you'll without a doubt hear a crunch or 3 of roaches under your work shoes, depending on the bus model. RTS's & D60HF's were mobile roach versions of the Marriott/Hilton. never seen roaches on the orion NG's personally, although I've heard stories. 

I've seen the occasional roach on random buses throughout the city over the years, but nothing like what I experienced on that M101 I referenced... The crazy part was, when the bus started accumulating more people, they just sat back there like it was nothing (I'd say the bus was about 1/2 a seated load (yeah, people wiped down the seats from the rain & all that) after 155th.... To give you an idea time-wise, it was around 5:10am when I got on at Ft. George Hill).... I don't want to sound like some prissy goody two shoes (hell, after all, if that were the case, I wouldn't have this as a hobby), but riding with roaches isn't something I can find myself eventually getting used to...

side note: Bustime has the first SB stop of the M101 at 192nd, but I got on at the hill... Did that b/o do me a favor or something?

2 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

The only time I've ever experienced a roach infestation was on the Orion 7 CNG Bx15 LTD. I notice one crawling up the side of the bus and I look at the ground and there were all sorts of critters, saw some spiders, and maggots around. I was skeeved out the rest of the ride and immediately got up and stood the rest of the ride. The bus just kept accumulating passengers and I was surprised no one screamed at the top of their lungs. Either they're good at keeping quiet or they're just not observant because those bugs were everywhere. That bus seriously needed a fumigation but I doubt it ever received one. 

On 9/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, Q43LTD said:

I think it was 6750 for TA and 3550 for BC

On 9/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, trainfan22 said:

The changeover happened somewhere in the 6700s, not sure which exact bus it was though as I rarely ride MCH 40ft routes and whenever I do, I always get an NG.

A little lower... think it's 6744, something like that. 

16 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

Oh trust me, there's roaches on NGs, had one roach fly off the top of the back of the bus and landed right next to me.

I killed that bugger faster than the Murder Hornets time in the news. Luckily, I got off a few stops later.

Edited by NBTA

13 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Oh trust me, there's roaches on NGs, had one fly off the top of the back of the bus and landed right next to me.

I killed that bugger faster than the Murder Hornets time in the news. Luckily, I got off a few stops later.

But flies are everywhere, not just on buses. 😫

28 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

But flies are everywhere, not just on buses. 😫

Edited the post lol

16 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

A little lower... think it's 6744, something like that. 

Actually, having checked this, it's 6740, for anybody who cares about this minor mystery lol.