BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bad day today, I got 983 on the B4 and the whole stop request system didn't work . Ok then I went for the B82, waited 40 minutes in front of ulmer park depot, for 4817, got crush loaded at Bay Pkway, I was originally going to Flatbush Ave but I got off at W7th street and got on the next bus 6581 (nice driver didn't make me pay the fare again ) so then I get of at CI AVE, walk to ocean ave for the B49, get 4950, driver drove slow as f**k till Ave U. Then he stopped got off and we sat there got 15 minutes till the bus shut off and we forced our way onto 4965 today was a bad 1 lemme tell ya....

What a bad day today, I got 983 on the B4 and the whole stop request system didn't work . Ok then I went for the B82, waited 40 minutes in front of ulmer park depot, for 4817, got crush loaded at Bay Pkway, I was originally going to Flatbush Ave but I got off at W7th street and got on the next bus 6581 (nice driver didn't make me pay the fare again ) so then I get of at CI AVE, walk to ocean ave for the B49, get 4950, driver drove slow as f**k till Ave U. Then he stopped got off and we sat there got 15 minutes till the bus shut off and we forced our way onto 4965 today was a bad 1 lemme tell ya....

Wow...i really dont like days like those...especially when the stop request system doesnt work (Staten Island Orion Vs) and when drivers wanna stroll down the streets. Mann that gets me so tight i wanna scream "go faster stop driving so f***ing slow!"

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Wow...i really dont like days like those...especially when the stop request system doesnt work (Staten Island Orion Vs) and when drivers wanna stroll down the streets. Mann that gets me so tight i wanna scream "go faster stop driving so f***ing slow!"

Yea man, 983 has to go sadly, that bus is at death row through and through, and on 4817 oh my g-d, but the driver on 6581 did explain that 3 buses broke down on the B82 today, 9070's wheelchair lift   broke, 4822 had an issue and another bus had a cracked windshield so that all adds up. And yea I was that close to screaming that on 4950, but all in all it was a productive day.

Yea man, 983 has to go sadly, that bus is at death row through and through, and on 4817 oh my g-d, but the driver on 6581 did explain that 3 buses broke down on the B82 today, 9070's wheelchair lift   broke, 4822 had an issue and another bus had a cracked windshield so that all adds up. And yea I was that close to screaming that on 4950, but all in all it was a productive day.

Let me speak for the atypical sarcastic B/O... Well you can take a cab...

Damn, I'm looking up the Bx12 SBS on the desktop Bustime and over half of the buses running now aren't even the ones wrapped in the SBS scheme (1200-1232). One of them isnt even an LFS (5506)

Mind you, this is on a Saturday two months before beach season. During the week, they also send out a couple of XD60's on SBS service. For a line that's supposed to have dedicated buses, that line sure has some variety...

In no particular order:

Unwrapped LFSA's out:

D60HF in SBS service:

Wrapped LFSA's out:

Edited by paulrivera

I wonder which batch of the xd40s are having the most problems now: the batch that came from SI or the ones that never left UP?

Smh about the xd60 with the front end damage. Should've sent those buses to quill and FB... Give the Bronx the Novas, IMO.

You just want to see the XD60's at FB lol... ;) I like the LFSA but seeing the XD60 in the Bronx is nice! lol... Nice change from all these D60's we got up here...

Damn, I'm looking up the Bx12 SBS on the desktop Bustime and over half of the buses running now aren't even the ones wrapped in the SBS scheme (1200-1232). One of them isnt even an LFS (5506)

Mind you, this is on a Saturday two months before beach season. During the week, they also send out a couple of XD60's on SBS service. For a line that's supposed to have dedicated buses, that line sure has some variety...

In no particular order:

Unwrapped LFSA's out:

D60HF in SBS service:

Wrapped LFSA's out:

It's just like the S79 that will have unwrapped hybrids or Orion 5s that pop up on the line from time to time. Probably the other wrapped Nova Artics were unavailable to make service, so they sent something else out.

You just want to see the XD60's at FB lol... ;) I like the LFSA but seeing the XD60 in the Bronx is nice! lol... Nice change from all these D60's we got up here...

Of course i do ;) I want a bus with more forward forward facing seats than inward facing ones. I mean even on the novas, they could've at least had the rear section be 2x2 seating instead of one side be a bench seating. I dunno why the MTA requested the design to be like what it is currently...

Edited by Grand Concourse

obviously so i guess they had to compete with the shuttle services

I guess, if you call that competition.

Seriously,if everyone bombarded the B39 those who truly needed the route would be screwed as the one run on the route would be mondo delayed. Such a logtistical nightmare.

i wonder was the b39 busy since there was no  (J) service over the bridge?

They had shuttles running...

Not only that, but folks were LEAVING from the Shuttle line to get the B39 because of how many buses were loading passengers...twas quite funny!

Not only that, but folks were LEAVING from the Shuttle line to get the B39 because of how many buses were loading passengers...twas quite funny!

For real? So how f**ked up was the actual schedule on the B39, or was that tossed out the window?   :lol:

Can't they hand out those pink slips then for an extra transfer and make some riders use the B39 instead of using the current amount of shuttle buses (I don't mean to stop running shuttle bus, if that's where you're thinking of). I'm talking about there being a gap in shuttle bus service every 30 minutes. Like for example lets say the buses run every 5 minutes, then the schedule from Willy-B would be at :05, :10, :15, :20, :25, :35, :40, :45, :50, :55, and then back to :05 , or if the bus shuttles are every 10 minutes (typical) then run then at :10, :20, :40, :50, and then back to :10.

The shuttle was a mess yesterday, never seen it so bad. All the buses crushloaded, lots of buses bunched together on the bridge. Really should have gone well considering Broadway got closed off to be a special bus lane and FB even sent artics, but it was still a mess.

I guess, if you call that competition.

Seriously,if everyone bombarded the B39 those who truly needed the route would be screwed as the one run on the route would be mondo delayed. Such a logtistical nightmare.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (because I don't feel like checking out the exact details of the GO), but wouldn't those shuttles basically run the same route as the B39? Was the shutdown just between Essex & Marcy or what?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (because I don't feel like checking out the exact details of the GO), but wouldn't those shuttles basically run the same route as the B39? Was the shutdown just between Essex & Marcy or what?

Essex and Hewes, the 39 would only go to the bus terminal.

Can't they hand out those pink slips then for an extra transfer and make some riders use the B39 instead of using the current amount of shuttle buses (I don't mean to stop running shuttle bus, if that's where you're thinking of). I'm talking about there being a gap in shuttle bus service every 30 minutes. Like for example lets say the buses run every 5 minutes, then the schedule from Willy-B would be at :05, :10, :15, :20, :25, :35, :40, :45, :50, :55, and then back to :05 , or if the bus shuttles are every 10 minutes (typical) then run then at :10, :20, :40, :50, and then back to :10.

Some folks (at least from the Manhattan side) used those as transfers.

LGA's Spring Pick is final as of yesterday, it seems.

141 AND 144 were on the Q35 earlier. Seems to be a hotspot for those bees, better catch em while you can.

Where in Brooklyn does it start, heading towards the Rockaways?

Edited by GojiMet86

2737 was on the S55 this morning. It did a school tripper from the Transit Center to Wendy Drive.

I'm going to the Transit Center early tomorrow and see if I catch it. It left the same time it did on Friday when an MCI ran on the S55 as well.

If a Prevost ran on the S55 I would be no good at all!!!

Edited by LRG

2737 was on the S55 this morning. It did a school tripper from the Transit Center to Wendy Drive.

I'm going to the Transit Center early tomorrow and see if I catch it. It left the same time it did on Friday when an MCI ran on the S55 as well.

If a Prevost ran on the S55 I would be no good at all!!!

prevost?! lol  that would be awesome