BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the best O5 CNG left imo as it's painted to NYCT spec.

So I see we're on yet another variation of the Safety's Our Goal sign, probably the third or fourth in the past year and a half. New look is white on dark blue (like the interior signs).

Edited by MHV9218

That's the best O5 CNG left imo as it's painted to NYCT spec.

So I see we're on yet another variation of the Safety's Our Goal sign, probably the third or fourth in the past year and a half. New look is white on dark blue (like the interior signs).

There were a few Orion V CNG's from MTA bus that recieved NYCT specs. I believe they were 9871, 9877, 9878, 9901, 9904, 9911 and 9923. I think these buses had the white numbers on the stripe on the front the bus and they have the numbers on the back with the MTA logo. Also they have the numbers in white inside the bus in the front and they had that safety pole next to the bus driver. I remembers some other buses had them like 9841, but that was it. 9827 still had the blue numbers in the front of the bus as well as many others that went to NYCT.

I see they finally fixed 8920.

I got lucky this morning, I got an Orion V CNG when not even looking for it on my way to school. When I left my building, I was thinking "imagine the next bus is an Orion V CNG", I look down the street, It was! Bus # was 9918. There was also another Orion V CNG on the Q72 this morning, I didn't see the #.

Yesterday there were also two Orion V CNGs on the Q72. 9918 and 9877, I got 9877 via the airport and back down.

9871 is on the Q103, en route to Hunters Point. It just left 21st St (F) station.

Thanks so much! I rode it all the way from HP to Astoria Houses. Took some nice pictures, a video of the ride, and a video of 9871.

Also, 9918 was on the Q102 and 9902 was on the Q100.

Looking fresh...if you go inside of 8032...and trigger the back door for passengers to open...the announcement says.

"Touch yellow tape to open doors"

Dont they do that on all new buses that have the yellow touch tape? Or at least they're supposed to...

Lol I guess thats a fail...

Just realized, pretty soon LGA will have more Orion V CNGs running than bees! Some of those bees can stay a bit longer tho, not all of them are bad. Then there are a few bad ones, like 107 with the messed up axle and the rotting hole in the back...

EDIT: Did those bees retain their original numbers from when they were running on Bee Line?

Edited by 4P3607

Lol I guess thats a fail...

Just realized, pretty soon LGA will have more Orion V CNGs running than bees! Some of those bees can stay a bit longer tho, not all of them are bad. Then there are a few bad ones, like 107 with the messed up axle and the rotting hole in the back...

EDIT: Did those bees retain their original numbers from when they were running on Bee Line?

sort of  when they were a 400 they became a 100 i think  like 425 became 125 something like that

Completely random thought... If the MTA were to purchase the bee line AN460's after they were done with them, do you think MTA would rock the S60's, or trade down to the S50? (P.s I know they would never purchase the AN460 being that there is no previous Neoplan history with the MTA)

I rode 7009 on the S78 today...great ride!!

Those Orion VII diesels look good on that line...packed bus...

S78 riders seem to like those buses

And the driver couldnt get any better...she was moving that bus!

I would love to imagine what the XD40s looked like on the 78

Just look at the S74 picture The Real has posted...and replace the 4 with an 8 :P

Edited by Cait Sith