BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend and I were just talking... Did MJQ have XD60s at some point (a loan maybe), I highly doubt it...

It was originally to be delivered to that depot, as well as TU, but plans changed, and they all went to KB and GH.

But if your friends meant XD40s, then yes, MQ had a few for like a year or so IIRC.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Oh yeah I saw a LGA Orion VII OG and NG on the Q25 last week. I can not recall the numbers but I was shocked when it passed in front of me. I wonder why College Point has some buses from LGA running on their routes.

All the CNG depots are getting loaners because the C40s are being taken out of service for the recall.

All of a sudden LGA's "incident" came to mind.

The recall is only affecting New Flyer CNG buses, like our C40s

...coincidentally, other New Flyer buses post-2009 (LFs, LFRs, XDs, XDEs, XTs, XNs, etc) are having a separate recall.

Back doors may open unexpectedly due to some issue which is also being corrected at no charge

Well it looks like they FINALLY placed the QM2/3/20 routing on 59 Street on bustime. 

The good news is that I get the impression that they're going to be using BusTime more to track buses to see how they're performing. They re-did the non-stop portion of the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18 so that they can be tracked just about each way. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

The BxM1/2 are all MCIs, they have chargers on those too?

Yeah, but only in 4 spots I believe, and they're covered.  They're not technically for use, but I use them when I need to charge my phone and the B/Os never make a stink.  Of course I'm discreet about it and don't let the cover slam down so they probably don't even notice.

How about outlets on local buses? Because we take local bus we shouldn't have access to a outlet? I hope they come on nice bus too.

No, you don't need outlets on local buses.  They should only be on commuter buses (express buses) and commuter trains, where we have LONG commutes.  Besides, you only pay $2.75 for your bus ride or $5.50 round trip.  What do you expect for such a low fare?  $13.00 a day round trip on the express bus or $23.00 round trip for Metro-North round trip with the Shuttle bus is a big difference.  Besides if they had them on the local buses, I'm sure someone would go messing with them.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Price should have nothing on having outlets on buses, oh because you pay more so you feel

You should have access to a outlet? It's either for everybody or nobody. You think local bus isn't a long ride? Some local bus routes in queens are over one hour with traffic.

Your logic is ridiculous.  That's like saying that someone flying in the economic class on an airplane should have the same amenities as someone in business.  Your local bus gets you the bare basics.  If you want more amenities then you can pay more.