MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Is 0018 still at Grand Av? I've hadn't seen it in a while 

I haven't seen any Protera's in a while on any Grand Ave. route...………..since last Spring, and it was only 1 bus at that...……...I think it was 0018.

But the others, nada.  Are they still in the depot?  ENY said they were o/s for faulty brakes.  But that should be repaired by now.  I know these are leased, but for how long?  

39 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I haven't seen any Protera's in a while on any Grand Ave. route...………..since last Spring, and it was only 1 bus at that...……...I think it was 0018.

But the others, nada.  Are they still in the depot?  ENY said they were o/s for faulty brakes.  But that should be repaired by now.  I know these are leased, but for how long?  

They are on lease until December 2020. The electric bus test is for 3 years.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, trainfan22 said:

He's talking about the GMC RTS that got repowered into a DD50. I'm pretty sure most members on here were really young when that bus was in service. That bus was retired like what, 15+ years ago?

Correct. That however had nothing to do with what we were talking about and his knowledge of operations or lack there of. I thought he was talking about a double decker. 😕 Bus fanning does not qualify for knowing what’s going on. Lol

On 2/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, TransportUSA said:

Hi, I was wondering if you know if a warranty was used to purchase the 15 AEB or will the maintenance occur within the MTA? Also where did you learn that the award for the remaining 45 Standard Electric Buses going out June 2019? Interested in learning more about the MTA's purchasing of the electric buses. Thanks!  

All new buses purchased come with a warranty no matter the agency or manufacturer. Maintenance occurs in house unless the vehicle is leased or maintenance is contracted out which I don’t think I have heard of mor general situations. All warranty works are performed by the manufacturer.  Warranties are 12yr/500,000 miles base, and some manufactures offer extended warranties. There there are components like engines, destination signs, windows, and sometimes other components that may be manufatured by a 3rd party vendor, and have separate warranties. 

On 2/20/2019 at 1:23 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Going back to the main topic......

I think at that point all the 1999 RTS should be gone anyways so there shouldn't be a numbering conflict. As for why the XE60s start at 4950, I doubt this is the real reason but maybe it can be possible that after the lease program is done 11-15 are sold to the MTA permanently and get renumbered to 4900-4904 with the 45 AEB bus order going from 4905-4949. Just my thoughts. Don't take this too seriously.

Like he said earlier he is someone who works with the MTA to figure out contracts and plans that would work best for the system. 

Right now the 10 lease buses as well as the 15 AEB artics are part of a pilot program to help convert MTA into 100% AEBs. The 45 bus order is where the main process begins.

I don’t think 200 buses will be retired in 6-9 months.

16 hours ago, JFK Depot said:

It’s better they caught the issue in production than in the streets... Nova will probably issue extra buses for this tho 

We don’t kno what it is. It could be MTA, and not Nova. I don’t have any details at all as of right now.

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

You missed the part where I said that FB's order is getting reduced. Kinda added that in late in my post.

Word now is that they're no longer getting the full allotment of 57 buses, that number has been reduced to 34, Quill is supposedly getting 24 and Hale getting 48. The entire XD60 order allotment has potentially been changed.

With Quill getting 36 Nova LFSAs, that could potentially send more of those buses down to Flatbush, sending more LFSAs to Manhattan and elsewhere to retire the D60s.

Yes, the Flatbush allotment has been subject to change for over a month now. Remember all the XE60’s will be here by the end of the year. I’m waiting on confirmation now cause part of this doesn’t make sense. Quill only has 40 old LFSA’s. There’s no need for them to be getting 75 new artics.

As far as the color scheme, there is no longer a reason for them to come in local scheme seeing as the M14+ is back on the table.

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Is 0018 still at Grand Av? I've hadn't seen it in a while 

14 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

0016-0019 are all back at Grand. 0020 is still at Proterra. None of them are in service pending the return of 0020 and what I am being told a 0021. However it is unclear of the configuration. 

Seeing as the brakes are the only issue, I would assume it would be all sorted out over the next few months. They have about 7-6 more months to qualify, but if they don’t, all 45 will be going to New Flyer. BYD plans on having their 40 foot and 60 foot versions enter bus test and evaluation for validation in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They are on lease until December 2020. The electric bus test is for 3 years.

Can you stop posting these predictions and such. This thread is not for speculation or what your think may happen. That confuses people and misinformation starts getting passed around . This is for discussions on solid information or questions about pending orders and projects.

Also, you are a year off. The buses will be going back. The lease is up in December for buses to be returned in January. Proterra buses however could stay longer after a potential brake retrofit. 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, TransportUSA said:

Hey! Thanks for responding about my questions regarding the 45 Standard Electric buses. I guess what I'm confused about is the June 2019 award date. According to the MTA's "Eye on the Future" website the Solicitation Date for the 45 Standard Electric buses isn't until Sept. 2019. http://web.mta.info/mta/capital/pdf/eotf_1218-1119.pdf

Solic Month

SEP

Purchase 45 Standard Electric Buses

NYCT

Please keep up with the first page of Fleet & Depots (this thread) for up to date information. You also have to pay attention to the minor details. 

The 275 hybrid-electric award is this summer, and the 45 all-electric award is this fall.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, tlcohen said:

I couldn’t find the month-by-month new bus delivery schedule (quantity and depot) for XD40, XD60, LFS and LFSA.  Is this still going to be part of the first page of Fleets and Depots?

I love the idea of posting the latest info at the top of each page.  Thanks to ENY!

I really haven’t decided if I want to add the delivery schedule back in. It’s starting to change a bit too much for me. What is accurate today may change 6 times in 14 days.

It does have a nice look and feel and sort of give a heads up on what to expect. I will consult with some of the other staff members and make a decision soon. I will however consider returning it if it was information everyone found helpful. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, East New York said:

Yes, the Flatbush allotment has been subject to change for over a month now. Remember all the XE60’s will be here by the end of the year. I’m waiting on confirmation now cause part of this doesn’t make sense. Quill only has 40 old LFSA’s. There’s no need for them to be getting 75 new artics.

As far as the color scheme, there is no longer a reason for them to come in local scheme seeing as the M14+ is back on the table.

That is what I’m getting confused on. Why would Quill need more artics when they’re already getting 36 more and on top of that the M14 is going sbs so those extra 36 would most likely go to them in which would bump out those old lfsa to other places. So they have like what 101 artics for sbs alone? It just doesn’t make any sense. *vine girl voice* “I am confusion?!” 

4 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

So ENY is getting all of FPs OGs ? Aren’t they suppose to get the new XD40s ?!?!

ENY will be getting (28) more XD40’s & FP will be getting another (37). It seems that FP will be floating their 05 Orion’s around since they have no RTS’s to scrap. Personally I think some should go to ULPK while their waiting for their new XD40’s.

6 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

Nothing adds up with MTA’s bus moves and deliveries! 

FP has 29 units 7508-7740 But either way WFs will get there batches... Plus ENY and Ulmer Still waiting for theres along with JA and MJQ Man The MTA is Rigged with Orders SMH. Also More Next Gens were topose to leave I'm surprised FP still got them at the moment.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

7 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

ENY will be getting (28) more XD40’s & FP will be getting another (37). It seems that FP will be floating their 05 Orion’s around since they have no RTS’s to scrap. Personally I think some should go to ULPK while their waiting for their new XD40’s.

We all know that UP will not take in any of Fresh Pond’s buses. If they all go to East New York (which is more likely) than ENY can continue to scrap RTS. Also, do remember that some of Fresh Pond’s buses could be (MTA) bus bound. 

13 hours ago, East New York said:

Correct. That however had nothing to do with what we were talking about and his knowledge of operations or lack there of. I thought he was talking about a double decker. 😕 Bus fanning does not qualify for knowing what’s going on. Lol

All new buses purchased come with a warranty no matter the agency or manufacturer. Maintenance occurs in house unless the vehicle is leased or maintenance is contracted out which I don’t think I have heard of mor general situations. All warranty works are performed by the manufacturer.  Warranties are 12yr/500,000 miles base, and some manufactures offer extended warranties. There there are components like engines, destination signs, windows, and sometimes other components that may be manufatured by a 3rd party vendor, and have separate warranties. 

I don’t think 200 buses will be retired in 6-9 months.

We don’t kno what it is. It could be MTA, and not Nova. I don’t have any details at all as of right now.

0016-0019 are all back at Grand. 0020 is still at Proterra. None of them are in service pending the return of 0020 and what I am being told a 0021. However it is unclear of the configuration. 

Seeing as the brakes are the only issue, I would assume it would be all sorted out over the next few months. They have about 7-6 more months to qualify, but if they don’t, all 45 will be going to New Flyer. BYD plans on having their 40 foot and 60 foot versions enter bus test and evaluation for validation in 2020. 

Can you stop posting these predictions and such. This thread is not for speculation or what your think may happen. That confuses people and misinformation starts getting passed around . This is for discussions on solid information or questions about pending orders and projects.

Also, you are a year off. The buses will be going back. The lease is up in December for buses to be returned in January. Proterra buses however could stay longer after a potential brake retrofit. 

You could not have thought that seeing as I posted the fleet number, please don't jab defentily not a fan/foamer thanks.

Edited by Just New York

3 hours ago, Just New York said:

You could not have thought that seeing as I posted the fleet number, please don't jab defentily not a fan/foamer thanks.

My apologies. Moving forward, I will tone that down under one condition. You stop throwing jabs at other member and stop complaining unless you plan on doing something or have a serious point to get across. In other words, we need to to contribute if you are going to be here rather than annoy our users/members. Debates are fine, but arguments are for children. The back and forth ends now.

7 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

Why is the MTA sending XD60’s to Casey Stengel instead of just unwrapping them and then send them to Tuskegee Airmen where they eventually gonna go ijs 🤷🏽‍♂️

Isn’t everything subject to change on the whim? A greater spare factor for the Q44 doesn’t hurt. Tuskegee may see them later or they may not. There’s prob some logic to this, could be mileage related...

On 2/26/2019 at 10:26 PM, Melbx15 said:

Why is the MTA sending XD60’s to Casey Stengel instead of just unwrapping them and then send them to Tuskegee Airmen where they eventually gonna go ijs 🤷🏽‍♂️

I am being told some things are going to change (as usual) and the new plan is for the loaned buses at Bus Company to be un-wrapped into the standard local scheme. So those may now end up going to Tuskegee also. I’m awaiting updates.

Note I have not changed the XD60 delivery totals because Flatbush is once again subject to change from 36 lol. I can’t keep up. I hope to have more info today and tomorrow.

2 hours ago, garyQ3 said:

Why are digital information screens and automated  announcements turned off on all buses that have them for the past month or more.

What buses are you talking about specially? The ones I have been on have had operable screens. 

And please note for future reference, Fleet discussion belongs in this thread. The one you commented in is for moves and transfers only.

8 hours ago, East New York said:

I am being told some things are going to change (as usual) and the new plan is for the loaned buses at Bus Company to be un-wrapped into the standard local scheme. So those may now end up going to Tuskegee also. I’m awaiting updates.

Note I have not changed the XD60 delivery totals because Flatbush is once again subject to change from 36 lol. I can’t keep up. I hope to have more info today and tomorrow.

Is it possible that the mta is going to give this new 108 order to bus company? 

1 minute ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

BC already have their own bus order of 53 buses.

Delivery is supposed to happen alongside the 108 order.

That I know but being how everything is changing and we don’t know what’s going on I wouldn’t be surprised if they did give bus company part of the 108 order to send back the buses they have to mta. 

Before anyone chews my head off.