MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

I assume that most of you discussing this have never been inside grand ave depot. The way that the lifts are set up, artics would not be able to be repaired in that depot. I don't even think that they would be able to make it into the fuel station.

IIRC in the capital plan GA is supposed to be modified like ENY to be able to handle artics.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updates will be made through the weekend.

2016-17 Pending awards. (Confirmed)

828 Standard Diesel Buses

190 Articulated Diesel Buses

138 Standard CNG Buses

110 Articulated CNG Buses

75 Standard Hybrid Buses

50 OTR Express Buses

is the artic order in addition to 230 Low Floor Articulated 60 foot buses (To Be Awarded Summer 2015)

Updates will be made through the weekend.

2016-17 Pending awards. (Confirmed)

828 Standard Diesel Buses

190 Articulated Diesel Buses

138 Standard CNG Buses

110 Articulated CNG Buses

75 Standard Hybrid Buses

50 OTR Express Buses

The bolded part, is that a typo or were 200 buses added to the order?

• 2 weeks later...

I also posted this in the Announcement thread, and changed the title to NYCT Bus orders through 2019. This is one of the reasons I did not post the changes on the first page of this thread yet. I wanted to wait for the New artic procurement which is now on the agenda. At this time I will work in all the new information in the coming days.

image1.jpg

Edited by East New York

New Nova LFS assignments:

8090-8119, 8399-8480: Jamaica (112)

8120-8184: Charleston (65)

8185-8251: Castleton (66)

8252-8317: Yukon (66)

8318-8358: Gun Hill (41)

8359-8398: Kingsbridge (40)

8481-8503: Queens Village (23)

The main XD40 order is finished, and Stengel's order is about done. At this moment, SI is getting their LFS and JA is getting ready to steal ENY'S LFS. Give it some time as the entire order may not finish until 2016 or 2017.

As for the rest of the option order, me or someone else may post the data later on as I remember some of that data being posted somewhere on the forums.

So this is NOW the current order listing... With the 23 originally going to QV

Instead of JA

So this is NOW the current order listing... With the 23 originally going to QV

Instead of JA

Seems like Gun Hill always gets the new buses first and they destroy their buses.  One of those depots in Queens should get some of theirs.  They only have two of those old Orions left, yet they're getting 41 new buses... 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Gun Hill always gets the new buses first and they destroy their buses.  One of those depots in Queens should get some of theirs.  They only have two of those old Orions left, yet they're getting 41 new buses... 

That's because they have 100 Next Gens, which pushed out some of the other Orion Vs they had to SI, CS, or scrap. The 40 new LFS' they're getting will push some of the Next Gens back to Brooklyn, which will retire some of the 1996 RTS'.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys I have a lot more updates and that is why I have yet to update the first post.

On another note, for all those that said the Hanover retrofit program was cancelled is totally incorrect.... Sometimes I think a few of you make stuff up off the top of your heads just to have a conversation. Well anyway, the Twin Vision sights are only being replaced as they fail and the LED's get dim.

As of this morning 5116, and 5120 now have them as well. Major updates coming this evening.

Edited by East New York

Ok guys I have a lot more updates and that is why I have yet to update the first post.

On another note, for all those that said the Hanover retrofit program was cancelled is totally incorrect.... Sometimes I think a few of you make stuff up off the top of your heads just to have a conversation. Well anyway, the Twin Vision sights are only being replaced as they fail and the LED's get dim.

As of this morning 5116, and 5120 now have them as well. Major updates coming this evening.

Let me just add, even though you likely already know this, that we are going to have XN40 buses as our 138 CNG buses. 5 pilots are due September 2016, with the delivery happening between March 2017-September 2017.

Let me just add, even though you likely already know this, that we are going to have XN40 buses as our 138 CNG buses. 5 pilots are due September 2016, with the delivery happening between March 2017-September 2017.

New Flyer had an XN40 piloting around the B15 route last week.

The one that was in Brooklyn last week was apparently an XDE40 based off a pic from "Fresh Pond". Unless there was another one...

It was an XD40...biggest giveaway that it wasn't an XN40 is there was no CNG sticker on the vehicle (as all CNG vehicles have).

Said bus went down to Baltimore/DMV area the day after I caught it and it was verified to be an XD40 with weights on the top.