MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that they are saying that ENY will be giving up it's Nova's , what's going to replace them?

Go back in the RTS batch? Take some XDs from elsewhere?

Yeah the Novas are temporary. They are there because of the C40LF recall. ENY RTS are on loan to some depots. Once those return the LFSs will go to Jamaica and Charleston Depots.

Yeah the Novas are temporary. They are there because of the C40LF recall. ENY RTS are on loan to some depots. Once those return the LFSs will go to Jamaica and Charleston Depots.

When is the recall even supposed to end? The WF RTS are because of the recall, and they have been there for a year.....

East New York, on 27 Jul 2015 - 1:05 PM, said:

252 New Flyer XD40's, with Cummins/Allison, Luminator Spectrum front signs, Titan side and rear.
168 NovaBus LFS', with Cummins/ZF, Axion signs (NOT Spectrums)

Delivery schedule for these options also confirmed.

Pilots/Lead buses Q1 2016
60 buses Q2 2016
120 buses Q3 2016
220 buses Q4 2016

Major updates and changes in the first post of this discussion thread. After you all take a look, you will see why it was taking me so long. All orders confirmed through 2019. B-)

And technically you still aren't finished. You still need to update the Nova LFS roster :D

I see we got extra artics for MTA bus, guess it's a sign that the Q6 is ready to take on the crowds at Jamaica.

Considering that we're due for new hybrid buses....

If they come with the BAE Series-E....I'd be completely finished.

Knowing the TA's history, they will get more Series instead of Parallels, lost cause I guess...

But they might end up putting the Hybrids in Manhattan Only: I would like to think the learned their lesson with the Series hybrids we have in the outer boroughs.

Edited by B22viaAtlanticAv

how will they fit all those artics 44 at Bailey park.

I think Baisley park will be upgraded so they can have room for the artics.

Baisley park depot will have to send some of their hybrids to JFK and LGA in order to have room for the artics. q111,113,114 will have artics on those routes.

Baisley park depot will have to send some of their hybrids to JFK and LGA in order to have room for the artics. q111,113,114 will have artics on those routes.

around 72 (jfk 27, lga 45) witch will retire all rts's

With all the artics being delivered, I have a feeling some NGs would be displaced to NYCT but I could be wrong. Edited by MysteriousBtrain