MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this time that is correct, however it has been said that a split between JFK and LGA is possible, and could be on the table.

I know the unions agreed to moving the Q53 to FR or whatever, but I don't know if they'd be with that kinda split. Both the 52 and 53 SBS out of JFK/FR makes more sense anyways.

Who are the guys at the bottom? Any of them from this site?

I believe most, if not all of them, are users here.

I (Ricardo), Kingsbridgeviewer382 (Johnathan) & DannyBoy825 (Daniel) operate that roster, it's updated pretty frequently. Just got updated today actually.

Alright everyone, for those that have been wondering why I have not updated, I wanted to get everything in at one time. Now that I have confirmed the next CNG order, I will add that in along with the XD60 options for MTA Bus, as well as the updated Prevost assignments. Look for all the changes to be complete by Monday evening.

All of these new buses coming in... They need to get maintenance in the 21st century at some of these depots.  This is A LOT of money going out of the door (taxpayer money) and someone needs to be held accountable to ensure that these buses are kept looking half decent and running good.

All of these new buses coming in... They need to get maintenance in the 21st century at some of these depots. This is A LOT of money going out of the door (taxpayer money) and someone needs to be held accountable to ensure that these buses are kept looking half decent and running good.

True but at the same time some buses are constantly in and out the depot with very little maintenance and that can be due to the lack of enough spares or the buses are needed to make service.

I heard that Nova was just given the biggest option? Thought NF was considered the "better" and is gonna be given all the options...

Who said any of what you just typed????? Nova still has to deliver 400 buses..... The first option was Given to New Flyer.... No one anywhere said New Flyer was better... Or that they would get "All" of anything other than the XN40 order..... So what exactly are you talking about bro??

Who said any of what you just typed????? Nova still has to deliver 400 buses..... The first option was Given to New Flyer.... No one anywhere said New Flyer was better... Or that they would get "All" of anything other than the XN40 order..... So what exactly are you talking about bro??

Some group said Nova is getting the largest option order and they're gonna start in the 7800s and build up to 87xx.

It seems like the TA finds the NF to be a better product so far and is inclined to order more from them which is why I was surprised to hear that.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

The Nova LFS are garbage and so is the LFSA. They don't even compare to the Orion 3G or XD40

I don't particularly care for the LFS's but why do you say they are garbage? When they first came in they were doing better than the xD40's and at this point Staten Island probably murdered those Orion 3G's. I liked them when QV had them.

Some group said Nova is getting the largest option order and they're gonna start in the 7800s and build up to 87xx.

It seems like the TA finds the NF to be a better product so far and is inclined to order more from them which is why I was surprised to hear that.

That is a rumor. For one, the 414 bus order just commenced, and it's months late, while New Flyer has damn near delivered an entire fleet of 393 40 footers, plus the 60 footers coming in now. No one can say who the bulk of the option will go to because its up to the MTA and there are other factors involved. The main one is the time scheduling and production slots.... New Flyer has already been awarded an option for 72 buses, and will most likely be awarded another one in short order.

MTA's original plan was to award all 700 to one manufacturer after the second phase of test and evaluation....  However Nova is behind the curve, and need to catch up and accelerate delivery and clear their back log before they can get nother order. MTA is not going to award them any part of the option until they know the can delivers the buses in the timeframe needed. If Nova doesn't have any production capacity until next year. NFI has production capacity for the end of this year. 

The Nova LFS are garbage and so is the LFSA. They don't even compare to the Orion 3G or XD40

That is your personal opinion, which is not fact based. While I may be a fan of the Xcelsior myself, lets look at the facts. The LFS is a solid proven platform with minor design philosophy of the RTS. The Xcelsior is lighter in weight, thus getting more fuel economy. The "3G" just happens to be the best bus Orion ever built. However, it's not as solid as the Nova, and they went out of business, so they are now irrelevant. 

So the part where you said they don't even compare... You are correct. They don't... They are in a class of their own.

That is a rumor. For one, the 414 bus order just commenced, and it's months late, while New Flyer has damn near delivered an entire fleet of 393 40 footers, plus the 60 footers coming in now. No one can say who the bulk of the option will go to because its up to the MTA and there are other factors involved. The main one is the time scheduling and production slots.... New Flyer has already been awarded an option for 72 buses, and will most likely be awarded another one in short order.

MTA's original plan was to award all 700 to one manufacturer after the second phase of test and evaluation.... However Nova is behind the curve, and need to catch up and accelerate delivery and clear their back log before they can get nother order. MTA is not going to award them any part of the option until they know the can delivers the buses in the timeframe needed. If Nova doesn't have any production capacity until next year. NFI has production capacity for the end of this year.

That is your personal opinion, which is not fact based. While I may be a fan of the Xcelsior myself, lets look at the facts. The LFS is a solid proven platform with minor design philosophy of the RTS. The Xcelsior is lighter in weight, thus getting more fuel economy. The "3G" just happens to be the best bus Orion ever built. However, it's not as solid as the Nova, and they went out of business, so they are now irrelevant.

So the part where you said they don't even compare... You are correct. They don't... They are in a class of their own.

how's the MDBF comparisons between the XD40 and the LFS? I don't have access to the information on the buses as a whole...

Major update along with changes to the XD60 order coming this evening. It it now officially delayed. 

how's the MDBF comparisons between the XD40 and the LFS? I don't have access to the information on the buses as a whole...

I'm not sure. I requested the info last week, so I should know something in the coming days. See the Breaking News thread for new bus orders and details.

Updates in this thread will all be completed this evening.