MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

I'm going to make a whole post about that. But just to wet your tongue, TA wants their 5175-5199 batch back. EC was upset that they took the 1996 series of RTS buses away for the Orion V's. After much pushing to get rid of the V's and get the RTS back, EC immediately entered into the elite status of only BC depot to have '99 Nova's. Any just just any randoms, but some of the best 25 RTS buses ever made. This now poses a problem as they are now assigned to EC, and FL wants them back like last month. TA wants to send EC hybrids, but EC doesn't want those or anything else. Keep the XD's at LG. Period. So now there is a tug of war as EC officially wants to keep the buses through 2019, and TA is like "oh hell to the no!"

Now Enter ENY and Quill into the picture. There's a fight brewing there over who's going to get the last of what, and who's going to keep what they currently have. As the Nova's prepare to leave EN, and head out to Queens and Staten Island, we have another problem. ENY DOES NOT want any hybrids. OG or NG. They want more RTS' back. But not just any RTS.... They want 5175-5199 as well!!

Then we aren't even going to get on Ulmer Park.... They have guard dogs ready to chew someone's arm off over 5076-5124 ZF batch, which coincidentally is my favorite as well.

Bottom line is this, the ONLY reason MTA wants 8750-9349 gone is because of the wheelchair lift issues.

And last but not least! For all that have wanted to know what Quill wants to replace the crosstown buses with...... Drum Roll Please....

NOTHING! They said they are fine with the workhorse RTS through 2019. Please and Thanks!

So there you have the facts folks, no one wants to let go of these buses and a fight over the last of them is brewing as we speak.

Ha I wonder which depot DOSEN'T want RTS....

Hopefully the WF RTS will move out soon as the CNGS make their way in, which could give the other depots what they want.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And last but not least! For all that have wanted to know what Quill wants to replace the crosstown buses with...... Drum Roll Please....

NOTHING! They said they are fine with the workhorse RTS through 2019. Please and Thanks!

LMAO! I had a feeling it might be coming to something like that. Wonder if political pressure from the UES folks will have any effect or if the depot will get its way. Funny stuff. I'm just happy to have those RTSes around on other Quill routes.

I'm going to make a whole post about that. But just to wet your tongue, TA wants their 5175-5199 batch back. EC was upset that they took the 1996 series of RTS buses away for the Orion V's. After much pushing to get rid of the V's and get the RTS back, EC immediately entered into the elite status of only BC depot to have '99 Nova's. Any just just any randoms, but some of the best 25 RTS buses ever made. This now poses a problem as they are now assigned to EC, and FL wants them back like last month. TA wants to send EC hybrids, but EC doesn't want those or anything else. Keep the XD's at LG. Period. So now there is a tug of war as EC officially wants to keep the buses through 2019, and TA is like "oh hell to the no!"

Now Enter ENY and Quill into the picture. There's a fight brewing there over who's going to get the last of what, and who's going to keep what they currently have. As the Nova's prepare to leave EN, and head out to Queens and Staten Island, we have another problem. ENY DOES NOT want any hybrids. OG or NG. They want more RTS' back. But not just any RTS.... They want 5175-5199 as well!!

Then we aren't even going to get on Ulmer Park.... They have guard dogs ready to chew someone's arm off over 5076-5124 ZF batch, which coincidentally is my favorite as well. 

Once a upon of time. ENY had the 5175-5199 batch and so did quill. Quill eventually sent that batch including 5200-5205 over to FB.

Than 5200-5205 went back to MJQ while the rest of their 99RTS stayed at FB. 5125-5144, 5171-5199, and that batch evenually swapped back to ENY than back to FB 2 other times..

If EC wants RTS so bad. Snag them from Grand Avenue or Fresh Pond perhaps and swap those for 5175-5199. 

If this going to be with FB and East New York. FB gives back 4947-4967 to ENY.  FB gets back 5175-5199 from EC.

Somewhere in this scenario. Something has to give. ... carry on.

So far I've noticed that Bronx (GH/KP) has not shipped back their borrowed buses from Brooklyn (FB/GA/FP) with exception of previous delivery of 4060-4064 (GH originals to FP). Surprising that SI hasn't sent their buses to mainland, and highly doubtful that will happen. 

Totally forgot about WF and the ENY borrowed RTS. Those do need to go back.

Edited by Future ENY OP

I can see a lot of moves taking place within this year and next year

The QM4 didn't move for no reason. The MTA is just preparing CP for artics one day and if they did get XD60's some of those express buses needed to go in order to fuel the articulated buses.

That is going to free up some C40's which could go to WF or JG or perhaps the CP takes back the Q50 or maybe another route.

BP is getting artics for more than half of the routes that operate from there. I could potentially see some Orion VII's going to ECH if they lose the RTS.

JFK is going to have all the D60HF's replaced and the RTS will be gone from there. Maybe a few hybrid too especially if the Q60 gets artics.

LGA is most likely going to get rid of the rest of its RTS's with that artic order so where do the Orion VII's go that came from BP and JFK. I can see them going to ECH even though they don't want them.

I don't think NYCT want those 3500-3700 Orion's that get moved so ECH will be forced to get them.

The X3-45 is a near proven bus that has been around since 2005. It won't reach the 12 year mark until 2017, however, the bus has a solid build, is very reliably, and the US Government definitely made a statement when they dropped the MCI for Prevost as the new Ground Force One.

Correct.

Well, this is the thing. With a massive sudden increase in the number of artics wanted at MTAB, this shakes things up quite a bit.

From what I am being told, MTA wants the Q6, 8, 10, 23, 25, 52, 53, 60, 64, 65, 66, 111, 113, and 114 lines to eventually be articulated. 

Anything is possible when it comes to College Point, and it will likely see artics in the future, however for the time being, it appears as if there will be some route swaps for now. Now that the MTA will be introducing CNG artics, they are evaluating them for other purposes and depots as well. For example, the B103 has a higher ridership than than that of the Q6, 8, 64, and 113.

So as of right now, it appears the artics for MTA Bus will start off for the Q6, Q10, Q23, Q25/65, Q52/53, Q60, Q111, Q113, and Q114.

Bottom line is this, the ONLY reason MTA wants 8750-9349 gone is because of the wheelchair lift issues. 

So there you have the facts folks, no one wants to let go of these buses and a fight over the last of them is brewing as we speak.

Great news but wait the Q6 and now the Q8 are both going have 165 st  terminal problem...

Anyway i really like to see how the matter is going to be addressed.

I can see a lot of moves taking place within this year and next year

The QM4 didn't move for no reason. The MTA is just preparing CP for artics one day and if they did get XD60's some of those express buses needed to go in order to fuel the articulated buses.

That is going to free up some C40's which could go to WF or JG or perhaps the CP takes back the Q50 or maybe another route.

BP is getting artics for more than half of the routes that operate from there. I could potentially see some Orion VII's going to ECH if they lose the RTS.

JFK is going to have all the D60HF's replaced and the RTS will be gone from there. Maybe a few hybrid too especially if the Q60 gets artics.

LGA is most likely going to get rid of the rest of its RTS's with that artic order so where do the Orion VII's go that came from BP and JFK. I can see them going to ECH even though they don't want them.

I don't think NYCT want those 3500-3700 Orion's that get moved so ECH will be forced to get them.

The new CNG artics are most likely going to Jackie Gleason and West Farms leaving a whole lot of NYCT C40LFs lying around .I doubt we are going to see MTAB C40LFs move there.CP taking other routes is a possibility.

Another option I see, is moving the Q7 or Q8 to Spring Creek and sending more C40LFs to SC.

The new CNG artics are most likely going to Jackie Gleason and West Farms leaving a whole lot of NYCT C40LFs lying around .I doubt we are going to see MTAB C40LFs move there.CP taking other routes is a possibility.

Another option I see, is moving the Q7 or Q8 to Spring Creek and sending more C40LFs to SC.

ENY said that the Q8 may see some artics so it's probably staying at JFK.

I can see both the Q19 and Q64 returning to CP.

But we just gotta wait and see.

The CNG artic are primarily replacing the earliest Orion VII CNG buses...

Are you sure about that?

This is the time the 2004s need to be leaving. If those 110 aren't for CNG replacement I don't know what is. Plus we already have those 139 XDs and 92 LFSA. It could be a possibility some could go to WF since WF can handle diesels. Edited by MysteriousBtrain

This is the time the 2004s need to be leaving. If those 110 aren't for CNG replacement I don't know what is. Plus we already have those 139 XDs and 92 LFSA. It could be a possibility some could go to WF since WF can handle diesels.

the 110 cng's xd60's are to replace 112 Orion VII CNGs an to transition to make wf all cng.  It would seem that the bx6, bx36 , will become artic.

the 110 cng's xd60's are to replace 112 Orion VII CNGs an to transition to make wf all cng. It would seem that the bx6, bx36 , will become artic.

Wow, the math here is soooo off, it's unbelievable lol. I see we forgot the size difference between Standard 40footers and the articulated buses. From what I've heard, WF actually want to be fully CNGs but we'll have for the announced assignments coming soon. The way I see it, both West Farms and Gleason have a shot at this order but things can change. C40s are gonna be seriously moved from Gleason into West Farms, I say about 50-75 C40 in my calculations, if there's a somewhat equal amount that each depot will take....

Meh.... well as I said before, (and has been said to death every time a new order is awarded) let's wait and soon.... Too early to tell what amount of XN60s will go to both depots now.

Edited by Metro CSW

Wow, the math here is soooo off, it's unbelievable lol. I see we forgot the size difference between Standard 40footers and the articulated buses. From what I've heard, WF actually want to be fully CNGs but we'll have for the announced assignments coming soon. The way I see it, both West Farms and Gleason have a shot at this order but things can change. C40s are gonna be seriously moved from Gleason into West Farms, I say about 50-75 C40 in my calculations.

Meh.... well as I said before, (and has been said to death every time a new order is awarded) let's wait and soon.... Too early to tell what amount of XN60s will go to both depots now.

Befor i heard that there wasn't going be additional xn40's above the 138 order. i was thinking that wf would get the same 85 xn60's but they would replace all current artics 60.  and covert the bx 36 to artic. now i believe that the bx6 and the bx36 will have to be converted and on 35 of the current artic will be replace. around 100 c40's will be replaced by 65 atics on the b35, bx6 and b36.

Befor i heard that there wasn't going be additional xn40's above the 138 order. i was thinking that wf would get the same 85 xn60's but they would replace all current artics 60.  and covert the bx 36 to artic. now i believe that the bx6 and the bx36 will have to be converted and on 35 of the current artic will be replace. around 100 c40's will be replaced by 65 atics on the b35, bx6 and b36.

You honestly need to proof read your post. This is laughable XD (I've been gone from the site for so long lol)

And another reason why we should just wait and see before speculating on a new bus that has not hit the streets.