New Flyer XD60 Discussion

East New York

Unless the TA has a burning desire to test out the Allison system right away, they might as well wait and test it out on a model that they could get for years in the future. The LFR's do share parts with the regular LF's but the front and back end caps and the doors are all different.

Unless the technology takes a major leap forward, I'm skeptical about the application of a parallel-hybrid bus in NYC's heavy traffic. The one study that was done a few years back showed that series-hybrid buses do better in stop & go traffic. Anecdotally, I've also heard that Buffalo's NFTA is getting better performance with their Gillig hybrid buses on the longer routes than the busier urban routes.

Any diesel or hybrid bus will generally get better fuel mileage on a high speed route than a stop and go route when compared against itself.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any diesel or hybrid bus will generally get better fuel mileage on a high speed route than a stop and go route when compared against itself.

True, but this supposedly was a head-to-head test of the two hybrid bus types in different conditions. The series hybrid did better than the parallel hybrid is stop & go driving at lower speeds, while the parallel bus outperformed the series bus on routes with faster running and fewer stops.

Oh hell yeah! Thanks for the update ENY! Can't wait to see those XD60's. Which depot is the one in question?

I'd say Gun hill is in question. There may be another depot move and it might head Brooklyn bound to FB or GA <---- They can house artics. OR to queens (CS).

I'd say Gun hill is in question. There may be another depot move and it might head Brooklyn bound to FB or GA <---- They can house artics. OR to queens (CS).

That makes sense. I was thinking Quill might have been the one in question. I thought they might changed it to Flatbush.

Assignment change... Instead of 3 depots, it is now 2 depots. Kingsbridge & Gun Hill. Tuskegee was pulled out, Quill is still possibly on the radar to replace Gun Hill. But as of now, the assignments are Kingsbridge & Gun Hill.

The amount to each depot is unknown, but expect either a even split of 45/45 or something like the Prevost of 50/40.

Assignment change... Instead of 3 depots, it is now 2 depots. Kingsbridge & Gun Hill. Tuskegee was pulled out, Quill is still possibly on the radar to replace Gun Hill. But as of now, the assignments are Kingsbridge & Gun Hill.

The amount to each depot is unknown, but expect either a even split of 45/45 or something like the Prevost of 50/40.

Are u serious?? Then watch it be quill and kingsbridge with quill getting 40 and kingsbridge getting 50...cause with the bt&es novas 3gs and xd40s went to queens bk and s.I so since orion is gone the artics cannot be evaulated...so just novas and xd40s since the novas are now in all 5 boros... the xd40/60s should be too in all 5boros so since quill is still optional...70% chance it will go there for the xcelsiors tobe in all 5 boros

Nova already has this won IMO if the Flyers only go to KB & GH. The maintenance at those depots isn't that great, I hope Quill or 100th street is swapped for one of the BX depots, also appearance wise these will look like crap pretty quickly.

does this mean that gh will now get 40 mova's instead of of 48?

The Nova assignments were already adjusted. GH was originally set to get 60 new LFSAs but was reduced to 48, allowing for MQ to get more LFSAs for the SBS34/34A and OS to get new LFSAs for the M60.

If or when GunHill gets these I want them strictly on Bx12 +SBS. These things don't need to be all over the Bronx.

That defeats the purpose of an evaluation fleet - they need to be tested in all conditions that an articulated bus will face.

These ARE NOT goin on SBS, thats what the LFSAs are for, more room

Let's not be too sure of that....after all....they DO have SBS lamps in them....

I don't think that's the main reason why +Select is going on the LFS Articulated.

What Princelex said, I do agree that the XD60 has more room than the LFSA.

Newer buses at the time, plus they are a part of the BT&E fleet

HELL NO!!! They shouldn't be on That Bx12 SBS, They would look like pure shit, Why they can send a bacth to a NYCT depot, Im sick of MaBstoa getting very good buses, enough is enough already, they get these new buses only to trash em, give em to a well deserved Bus depot that hasn't gotten anything yet

Archived