Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what sucks is you can't put short turns on the 58

Why can't they?

The Q58 already has short turns... They're called Q59's :lol:

Have the Q59 taken off Grand & the MTA would be forced to put more buses on the Q58 - which would then lead to short turns at QB (from Ridgewood).....

I want to agree with this, but it's enough that you have buses making that left turn from Roosevelt to Main..... The traffic situation would be worsened that much more if you had as many buses that are ran on the Q58 in the course of a day making right turns off Roosevelt onto Main....

That's why if they ever do build an integrated terminal in Flushing, I hope that would allow room for the 58. (It's ridiculous how it stops so far short of the rest of the hub, and just like the Q55 stops short of Jamaica. Stuff like this has made it more difficult to get anywhere from Ridgewood, on top of the long distance traveled).

The Q58 already has short turns... They're called Q59's :lol:

Have the Q59 taken off Grand & the MTA would be forced to put more buses on the Q58 - which would then lead to short turns at QB (from Ridgewood).....

Q59 is only a "shorter" version along Grand itself, but while the 58 is the only one that goes to Ridgewood, the 59 is the only one that goes to the malls. (again, making things difficult for Ridgewood).

They need to supplement the 58 with a more direct version along Eliot. (So I've always suggested splitting/reconfiguring that half of the Q38). This would take riders going elsewhere off of the busy Grand Ave. stretch.

Q101viaSteinway western Queens bus proposal 

Q18- Extend route to Fresh Pond Road and Metropolitan Avenue via 69 Street and Metropolitan Avenue. Split Q18 route into 2 route in Maspeth, Q18A and Q18B. Q18A run via 69 Street between Grand Avenue and Woodside Avenue, Q18B run via Hamilton Place/65 Place between Grand Avenue and Woodside Avenue. This will make for better bus service in Maspeth. 

Q29- Extend to 74 Street terminal via Roosevelt Avenue. 

Q32/Q33- Reroute bus off 81 Street onto 83 Street and combine with Q33. There will still be short turn that run between 23 Avenue and 94 Street and 74 Street terminal for service reliability purposes and crowd control. 

Q48- Get rid of all lga airport service and instead extend Q48 bus via 23 Avenue, 82 Street, and Ditmars Bolvard to the subway at 31 Street. currently Q69 is a very unreliable bus and is not effective in providing good bus service on Ditmars Bolvard between Jackson Heights and 31 Street. 

Q67- Cut bus route so that Q67 bus run only between Queens Plaza and 69 Street and Grand Avenue. 

Q18- Extend route to Fresh Pond Road and Metropolitan Avenue via 69 Street and Metropolitan Avenue. Split Q18 route into 2 route in Maspeth, Q18A and Q18B. Q18A run via 69 Street between Grand Avenue and Woodside Avenue, Q18B run via Hamilton Place/65 Place between Grand Avenue and Woodside Avenue. This will make for better bus service in Maspeth. 

Q32/Q33- Reroute bus off 81 Street onto 83 Street and combine with Q33. There will still be short turn that run between 23 Avenue and 94 Street and 74 Street terminal for service reliability purposes and crowd control. 

Q48- Get rid of all lga airport service and instead extend Q48 bus via 23 Avenue, 82 Street, and Ditmars Bolvard to the subway at 31 Street. currently Q69 is a very unreliable bus and is not effective in providing good bus service on Ditmars Bolvard between Jackson Heights and 31 Street. 

Q67- Cut bus route so that Q67 bus run only between Queens Plaza and 69 Street and Grand Avenue. 

Q18- See Q67

Q29- If anyone needs 74/Roosevelt, they can take the (7). The area from Furmanville to Cooper has the Q47, and riders from QCM have the Q53 and the (M)(R) . Most people from south of Queens Blvd are probably using the (M)(R) already or the Q53, so that only leaves riders north of QCM who don't have a direct link. Riders along Hampton Street can use the Q53 along Broadway, or the (M)(R). The point that I'm trying to get at, it's not warranted.

Q32/Q33- I feel the Q33 should not have to be subjected to the delays on the Manhattan side of the Q32. The Q32 doesn't only get delayed in Manhattan, but along the Queensboro Bridge and Queensboro Plaza, and along Roosevelt Avenue in Woodside and Jackson Heights. The Q33 can also be unreliable as well. So I don't think a super route like that should be created. I would just let the Q32 and Q33 be.

Q48/Q69- For anyone who needs the subway,from about 47 Street to 82 Street, they have the Q19 and/or the M60 as well. It's not the best in most cases in service provided, but it is a much better alternative to the Q69 if it's that unreliable. Also, I don't find it that unreliable, I think the problem mostly lies during weekday hours, but it is fairly reliable on Saturdays and Sundays. I wouldn't subject the Q48 to all of that though. Besides, with the M60 and Q19 heading to the (N)(Q), the Q69 is more of afterhought the closer you get to the Jackson Heights terminal. You could add shuttles there, but IMO, that would be a waste. I mean, you could get rid of Q48 service within LGA, and terminate the Q48 at the Astoria-Ditmars (N)(Q) station, and truncate the Q69 to terminate there as well. However, I can't speak on Q69 ridership there on it's entirety, but if there are enough through riders on the Q69 past 31 Street, then I would not attempt to do that at all. If there isn't, then it's feasible. It'll be especially better if that's the case since the Q69 can mainly focus on ridership along 21 Street. 

Q67- IDK if you know this, but the Q67 has a heavy industrial worker base on weekdays that go to the (M) train station in Middle Village, Cutting that route would make it much more difficult for those riders to get to whatever destination in Ridgewood or Brooklyn they're going to. Furthermore, you're elongating the commutes of people trying to get to LIC to catch another train or bus (myself included), The headways may not be great, but the routing as is is much more beneficial to those south of Grand Avenue than a Q18, no matter how much more frequent it is. 

In short, an extension of the Q18 replacing the Q67 makes it even more of an inconvenience than the current Q67. Cutting the Q67 south of Grand Avenue also makes it much easier to cut weekend and odd peak Q67 service, which would create a connectivity issue in that area. On the weekends, a good portion of the riders using it are riding from Middle Village to Maspeth north of Grand Avenue, or to the subway. You also have riders within Middle Village who use it to. There are some industrial workers here and there, but you would ultimately get rid of mot of the ridership on the weekends. I can't speak about evening service, but it probably is similar to weekends. Middays, there's slightly more ridership coming out of Maspeth to LIC, but your main riders are people who reside in Middle Village. 

You're also halving service in Maspeth on the Q18. Some areas will receive 14-60 minute headways depending on what time of the week one is riding. That makes service on both branches unattractive itself, and just makes it more inconvenient for riders in Maspeth itself. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Q59 is only a "shorter" version along Grand itself, but while the 58 is the only one that goes to Ridgewood, the 59 is the only one that goes to the malls. (again, making things difficult for Ridgewood).

They need to supplement the 58 with a more direct version along Eliot. (So I've always suggested splitting/reconfiguring that half of the Q38). This would take riders going elsewhere off of the busy Grand Ave. stretch.

That's my point... The Q59 is a shorter version along Grand itself; which gives the MTA a further reason not to run more Q58's (which would lead to more Q58's short turning (to run b/w Ridgewood Term. & Queens Blvd)).....

The Q38 routing is the MTA being cheap.... Something running b/w Ridgewood & the malls would be something to ponder, I can agree with that....

Q18: It would only make for better bus service in Maspeth... and that's it... It still has to serve Woodside & Astoria, and splitting the route in two would make service worse for them, as one whole is always better than 2 halves.... As far as extending it to Fresh Pond, that's one of those old ideas I was never fond of.... Still not, as it isn't really necessary.....

Q29: Have you seen the crowds at the first stop in Jackson Hgts.? There's no space to terminate another route at Moore bus terminal anyway.....

Q32/Q33: Nah... If I never liked that old idea of combining the two routes when the Q33 used to run inside the airport, why would I agree with a combination of the two routes with the Q33 now stopping short of the airport? Doesn't make any sense.... There's no benefit from a bus running from Penn, to jusssttt outside the airport

Q48: I agree with your premise/train-of-thought, just not the planned execution.... Yes, I would take the Q48 out of the airport, but I would not run it to Ditmars subway.... The problems plaguing the Q69 is totally another issue....

Q67: Strongly disagree with truncating it at 69th/Grand.... This would make it far too easy for the MTA to cut the entire route & force riders to take Q39's..... You're severing the primary riderbase of this route (thus making the secondary riderbase of the route the new primary riderbase - which would still be hurt by this, b/c as was already stated, you have the industrial workers taking it to the (M)) just to justify running Q18's to Fresh Pond.......

That's why if they ever do build an integrated terminal in Flushing, I hope that would allow room for the 58. (It's ridiculous how it stops so far short of the rest of the hub, and just like the Q55 stops short of Jamaica. Stuff like this has made it more difficult to get anywhere from Ridgewood, on top of the long distance traveled).

I would agree with this only if service level on Eliot Avenue are increased during the rush hour. It's hard to serve the two parts of the 38 adequately, since Penelope Avenue's ridership is not as strong as Eliot Avenue's portion, and that's even with the express buses running every 3-4 minutes ccombined during the rush hour. During the rush, there needs to be somewhere along the lines of 8-10 minute headways from about 6 AM to 9 AM, and 3 PM to 7 PM. In addition there should be a or 20 minute headway until about 8 PM. Buses sometimes flag as earlier as before 7 AM. The Penelope Avenue portion has it's times when buses are full in the AM, but it's not until about 7:30-8:00 AM. There is a need for more service, but the MTA would rather not because the Penelope Avenue section would be overserved. This also sucks for Lefrak City riders, since those buses in the AM also tend to be full before Junction Blvd. So, a split would work out better since there needs to be better headways during the rush hour. However, if a split were to happen and nothing gets increased, while reliability might be somewhat improved, crowds will not be. It sucks to have to wait for the next bus at Hoffman, and it's not even 3 PM, and god help you if you take it during the rush hour (which is why I wait at 94 Street, coming off the Q88).

The split would also benefit people going to the (M), since there's less of a distance traveled to the (M). If you miss the train at Middle Village (M) with the Q38 as it is, you might be able to make it at Fresh Pond Road if that same Q38 went down Fresh Pond Road. You would still have a chance to get a seat, the (M) doesn't fill up by that much at Metropolitan Avenue anyway.

Maybe restructure Q38 and Q39 to create two east-west routes...

Eliot/Forest route from 60th Av & Otis to Ridgewood

48th Avenue/Penelope route from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills

Maybe restructure Q38 and Q39 to create two east-west routes...

Eliot/Forest route from 60th Av & Otis to Ridgewood

48th Avenue/Penelope route from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills

I was thinking on restructuring the services differently, leaving the Q39 the way it was. 

I would have the Q38 run between Ridgewood Intermodal Terminal to Corona (via Forest Avenue/ Eliot Avenue/ 57 Avenue)

I would also cut the Q54 back to only running between Jamaica and Fresh Pond Road, at all times. Now, the southern leg of the Q38 would be given a number, I guess Q45. I don't feel a Penelope Avenue route should go to Ridgewood, and a Fresh Pond Terminal would be abrupt. I would switch the Q45 to run to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via the current Q54 alignment. However, I don't normally use the Q54, so I don't know how many people west of Fresh Pond Road use the bus east of 69 Street, but from what I've been seeing, it seems to be quite a few. If there isn't that many people, then I would do that. It would increase reliability between Fresh Pond Road and Williamsburg, since a Penelope Avenue bus from Forest Hills doesn't hit as many choke points compared to the Q54 from Jamaica.

If the Q48 is taken out of LGA, then extend the Q50 to LGA. If the Q50 becomes too unreliable, then split up the route between the Q50 and Q51. The Q51 would run between Pelham Bay Park and LGA while the Q50 will be the Co Op City Flushing route again. This will be of no cost to the MTA since it will be fully reimbursed.

Edited by GreatOne2k

If the Q48 is taken out of LGA, then extend the Q50 to LGA. If the Q50 becomes too unreliable, then split up the route between the Q50 and Q51. The Q51 would run between Pelham Bay Park and LGA while the Q50 will be the Co Op City Flushing route again. This will be of no cost to the MTA since it will be fully reimbursed.

A Q50 to LGA will do no better than a Q48 to LGA. A NE Queens bus to LGA just won't do good regardless, and for the few people who consider it, its headways can be crap. I don't know where most of the airport employees originate from (of those who take the Q48), but I believe most, if not all, would not need to pay another fare if they had to transfer to/from the M60 or Q72.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I would agree with this only if service level on Eliot Avenue are increased during the rush hour. It's hard to serve the two parts of the 38 adequately, since Penelope Avenue's ridership is not as strong as Eliot Avenue's portion, and that's even with the express buses running every 3-4 minutes ccombined during the rush hour. During the rush, there needs to be somewhere along the lines of 8-10 minute headways from about 6 AM to 9 AM, and 3 PM to 7 PM. In addition there should be a or 20 minute headway until about 8 PM. Buses sometimes flag as earlier as before 7 AM. The Penelope Avenue portion has it's times when buses are full in the AM, but it's not until about 7:30-8:00 AM. There is a need for more service, but the MTA would rather not because the Penelope Avenue section would be overserved. This also sucks for Lefrak City riders, since those buses in the AM also tend to be full before Junction Blvd. So, a split would work out better since there needs to be better headways during the rush hour. However, if a split were to happen and nothing gets increased, while reliability might be somewhat improved, crowds will not be. It sucks to have to wait for the next bus at Hoffman, and it's not even 3 PM, and god help you if you take it during the rush hour (which is why I wait at 94 Street, coming off the Q88).

The split would also benefit people going to the (M), since there's less of a distance traveled to the (M). If you miss the train at Middle Village (M) with the Q38 as it is, you might be able to make it at Fresh Pond Road if that same Q38 went down Fresh Pond Road. You would still have a chance to get a seat, the (M) doesn't fill up by that much at Metropolitan Avenue anyway.

Yeah; since this is basically taking from the 58, then it would have a decent service level; most likely better than currently. Penelope could stay the same.

I was thinking on restructuring the services differently, leaving the Q39 the way it was. 

I would have the Q38 run between Ridgewood Intermodal Terminal to Corona (via Forest Avenue/ Eliot Avenue/ 57 Avenue)

I would also cut the Q54 back to only running between Jamaica and Fresh Pond Road, at all times. Now, the southern leg of the Q38 would be given a number, I guess Q45. I don't feel a Penelope Avenue route should go to Ridgewood, and a Fresh Pond Terminal would be abrupt. I would switch the Q45 to run to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via the current Q54 alignment. However, I don't normally use the Q54, so I don't know how many people west of Fresh Pond Road use the bus east of 69 Street, but from what I've been seeing, it seems to be quite a few. If there isn't that many people, then I would do that. It would increase reliability between Fresh Pond Road and Williamsburg, since a Penelope Avenue bus from Forest Hills doesn't hit as many choke points compared to the Q54 from Jamaica.

Q39 needs to be straightened out, but instead, they've been making it more crooked (as parts of streets become one way, etc.). They should restructure both it and the 67, and let the 67 pick up all the odd pockets, and just keep the 39 on Rust and 56th drive (maybe swap part of the straight stretch on Borden/LIE with the 67), and also have it start at Courthouse Sq. then go to QBP, and then straight out to Van Dam or wherever. They need to have one of those routes for straighter through service. (And it would still serve part of that industrila stretch).

And the Q18A/B idea is nice, and there needs to be a better connection to Jackson Heights. (and you can always have both it and the 67 on the short stretch of 69th). So in several places, better connection to the Queens corridor.

(Again, all of that, in addition to both the 55 and 58 stopping short of the major hubs on the other ends, made courting and marrying into Ridgewood and traveling anywhere to/from there a living hell for years. I have to wonder if they were deliberately trying to isolate that area for some reason. It wasn't ghetto, but it was next to a pretty bad one, though by now, it's actually become trendy).

Q48/Q69- For anyone who needs the subway,from about 47 Street to 82 Street, they have the Q19 and/or the M60 as well. It's not the best in most cases in service provided, but it is a much better alternative to the Q69 if it's that unreliable. Also, I don't find it that unreliable, I think the problem mostly lies during weekday hours, but it is fairly reliable on Saturdays and Sundays. I wouldn't subject the Q48 to all of that though. Besides, with the M60 and Q19 heading to the (N)(Q), the Q69 is more of afterhought the closer you get to the Jackson Heights terminal. You could add shuttles there, but IMO, that would be a waste. I mean, you could get rid of Q48 service within LGA, and terminate the Q48 at the Astoria-Ditmars (N)(Q) station, and truncate the Q69 to terminate there as well. However, I can't speak on Q69 ridership there on it's entirety, but if there are enough through riders on the Q69 past 31 Street, then I would not attempt to do that at all. If there isn't, then it's feasible. It'll be especially better if that's the case since the Q69 can mainly focus on ridership along 21 Street. 

Really the only time the Q69 is unreliable is in the afternoon rush. It has a tendency to arrive in bunches of 2 or occasionally 3 at Ditmars, or there are some longer wait periods in both directions. The Jackson Heights stop at 31st Street gets filled quickly, with lines sometimes to the corner of the street. But the Q69 is fine as it is.

EDIT:

Better dispatching is what it really needs. It costs or hours weren't as much of an issue, I'd turn that 3rd bus into a short turn and run it lite to 82nd.

What he proposes is an all time Q48 service to 31st, but if the unreliability ever gets to a bad point, it would be like 2 or 3 Q33 trippers, like they did in the early 2000s for school service.

Edited by GojiMet86

In regard to Q18A/B proposal I would increase Q18 service so there would not be infrequent service on 65 Place or 69 Street in Maspeth. Astoria is growing neighborhood with increase in people riding bus and increase service will benefit them too. We can even be able to increase Q102 headway so that there is less trip on a low ridership route like Q102 and encourage people going between 2 Street and 31 Street to use Q18 instead. 

Reason why Q48 needs be taking out of LGA is because LGA ridership is very low on Q48. 

Edited by Q101viaSteinway

In regard to Q18A/B proposal I would increase Q18 service so there would not be infrequent service on 65 Place or 69 Street in Maspeth.

Astoria is growing neighborhood with increase in people riding bus and increase service will benefit them too......

Increase service to what?

It's really looking like you want to do so, so that just in case one of the branches are late, Astoria (or any other community north of Maspeth) won't be too affected.... This is the problem I have with branching the Q18.... It's one of those "hit or miss" type of routes anyway..... IDK how many times I've wanted/needed that route & just gave up on it....

If you take the Q48 out of the airport, the Q50 will absolutely not be a compromise....

There's no need for a compromise anyway; Flushing to LGA bus travel isn't what's sought after en masse anymore (if it ever was)... Too many done got accustomed to taking the (7) to the (then Q33, now Q70) to the airport... Either one is/was far more reliable than taking the Q48 straight from Flushing to LGA... That says enough!

Edited by B35 via Church

I would decrease Q18 headway from 20 minute to 15 minute on weekend and midday hour and decrease headway from 12 minute to 10 minute during PM rush hour and decrease headway from 8 minute to 6 minute during AM rush hour. Q18 used to have this many buses on the route on midday and weekend and Astoria is a growing community that needs better bus service on higher ridership routes. If ridership grow then service can positively be increased to more than this. I also think that Q18 is the stronger link in Astoria when comparing the Q18 and Q102 together and Q18 must be made into strong route. The most crowd I ever see on Q102 bus is on Roosevelt Island for people looking to take tram or F train and RIOC bus not show up. 

I would decrease Q18 headway from 20 minute to 15 minute on weekend and midday hour and decrease headway from 12 minute to 10 minute during PM rush hour and decrease headway from 8 minute to 6 minute during AM rush hour. Q18 used to have this many buses on the route on midday and weekend and Astoria is a growing community that needs better bus service on higher ridership routes. If ridership grow then service can positively be increased to more than this. I also think that Q18 is the stronger link in Astoria when comparing the Q18 and Q102 together and Q18 must be made into strong route. The most crowd I ever see on Q102 bus is on Roosevelt Island for people looking to take tram or F train and RIOC bus not show up. 

We understand Astoria is a growing community....

That said, the Q102 is another issue & doesn't do all that much for Astoria outside of the projects themselves....  Of course the Q18 is going to do more for Astoria as a whole compared to the 102 - But branching & increasing service on the Q18 isn't going to garner that many more riders in Astoria.... It looks like you're trying to implicate that buses be taken off the 102 & given to the 18.... You're most certainly not getting 1 BPH on the 18 if you take service away from the 102 - can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, man :lol:

The Q18 riders in Astoria, usually take it within Astoria.... They generally don't travel any farther south than Northern - and that is being very generous.... You won't find them taking the (7) to 61st for the Q18 because they would have already gotten off at Queensboro Plaza & xferred for the (N)(Q).... Sure, you have Maspeth, Woodside, and Jackson Hgts. folks riding up to commercial Astoria - but ridership on the  Q18 (either direction) increases significantly once it hits the subway....

The turnover at QBP is why.

That's the 18 broken down in Astoria in a nutshell....

A Q50 to LGA will do no better than a Q48 to LGA. A NE Queens bus to LGA just won't do good regardless, and for the few people who consider it, its headways can be crap. I don't know where most of the airport employees originate from (of those who take the Q48), but I believe most, if not all, would not need to pay another fare if they had to transfer to/from the M60 or Q72.

I honestly don't see much of any airport employees (well, already in their work clothes as they're boarding the bus anyway) taking Q48's.... It's mainly Corona residents heading to/from Flushing..... This is why I suggest diverting the Q19 over the Q48 route south of Astoria blvd & finally doing away with the thing (Even though I like the little nonstop portion b/w Flushing & Astoria/108th)....

I would like to keep it (the 48) around, but with the 19 having gotten extended to flushing, I doubt the MTA would keep the Q19 & 48 if the 48 traveled along 23rd av & along Ditmars Blvd (Q69 routing) to Ditmars subway..... It'd just be simpler to axe the 48 dedicate resources to the 19.....

Q50 LTD to LGA would attract more riders than the Q48 would. It would eliminate a double fare for many in the East Bronx to get to LGA, plus serve Queens riders who currently use the Q48. The Bx50 SBS would also cut down on LGA double fares, but it is unfunded at the moment.

Edited by GreatOne2k

I say why not just replace the Q48 Roosevelt and Corona routing via the Q19. The Q19 would turn onto 108th street and then Roosevelt Ave. most of the riders do get on and get off on 108th anyway so you are not effecting many.

I would also try to straighten the Q23 out past Northern. I don't know why buses still continue to run down those narrow streets and make those tight turns. I would also reroute it to run onto Astoria blvd to Ditmas and then from there it will continue to its current last stop until

This is more of a rant than a suggestions bit they should of continued with having the Q112 go down to Parsons/Archer then make a left turn to guy R brewer/archer it's annoying when I'm coming from the (E)(J)(Z) and I have to walk to Jamaica ave and 160 st.

Oh please that is not bad. Q110 riders did that for years. The big problem is that turn from Jamaica onto Guy Brewer because many times there is a vehicle who is past the white line or there are people walking or a vehicle is double parked causing that turn at times to be annoying and hard.

Oh please that is not bad. Q110 riders did that for years. The big problem is that turn from Jamaica onto Guy Brewer because many times there is a vehicle who is past the white line or there are people walking or a vehicle is double parked causing that turn at times to be annoying and hard.

Traffic is crazy on Jamaica Ave especially with the amount of buses that run there my apartment isn't actually that far from Jamaica center so I can actually just walk I'm just to lazy most of the time and I just take the bus. But that traffic on Jamaica is probably why they should send it back to archer the Q112 is slower on Jamaica Ave than it is on Archer.

Q101viaSteinway eastern Queens ideas

Q12: Create limited stop route which would run between Flushing and Great Neck LIRR. Q12 limited stop route would be extend to Great Neck LIRR via the new n20G route. Q12 local route would continue to run same route as today exept overnight when Q12 local would extend to Great Neck LIRR. 

Q26: Extend route to Springfield Blvd and 119 Avenue via Francis Lewis Blvd. Route would run 7 days a week with Q77 service hours.

Q27: Extend route to Springfield Blvd and 145 Road. 

Q34: Make Flushing to Jamaica part of route a Q25 short route. Flushing to Whitestone portion would then be extended to 7 Avenue and Clintonville Street via old Q14 route between 7 Avenue and Clintonville Street and Willets Point Blvd and 149 Street. Q15A would no longer exist and all Q15A trip become Q15 trip. This will address community concern about Q15A routing on 10 Avenue and Q34 layover on Willets Point Blvd and 149 Street. 

Q46: Eliminate Q46 Glen Oak branch and create new Q45 bus which will run via Q46 route between Kew Gardens and Union Tpke and 188 Street, then run via QM5 regular rush hour route between Union Tpke and 188 Street and Union Tpke and 260 Street. This Q45 would run 7 day a week and supplement other bus route in area. All current Q46 Glen Oak bus will run regular Q46 route to LIJ. I would also have another new route Q51 which would run via Q46 route between Kew Gardens and Union Turnpike and 188 Street, then run via 188 Street to 64 Avenue and would be short turn version of Q46 and supplement other bus route in area. 

Q77: Elminiate. Q77 seems like not very useful route to me which function can be done by other route.