Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hem, I wonder if the service will be popular enough to keep even after the (L) returns to normal. QB local service sucks when the (R) is running by itself and it's a pita to have to take the (E) to 7th av to transfer to the (D) to get back down to 6th av.

Maybe if widly succesful the (M) could run the full route 7 days a week i.e 6am-Midnight after the (L) and (G) are back online. However IMO it will never become a 24/7 line running between 71st and Metro Ave.

Nice to see the (G) is back up, no more walking or bus to Threxx apparently.

I figured they would try to get the (N) before the (G). Let's see how long that'll take.

YES! FINALLY! Screw the B38.... :D

Hold up... LTD (G) service? Does that mean a train every 20 minutes?

Any news on the status of the Sea Beach Line and Coney Island?

Concerning the 2nd part of my question:

UPDATE

Service Change Posted: 11/07/2012 12:16PM

Limited f.png train service has resumed service between 179 Street Station and Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

I just got a notification that the (F) is ack to Stilwell.

Hold up... LTD (G) service? Does that mean a train every 20 minutes?

Yes, so business as usual!

In all seriousness, the (G) is operating an absolute block between Nassau Ave and Court Sq, which means only one train at a time can be between those two stations. All signals from Greenpoint to 21 St are dark, and will likely need to be replaced, so enjoy the limited service while you can, because I predict lots of weekend/overnight closures in that line's future!

The good news is that the (G) is currently operating 10 car trains due to the anticipated crowds.

In all seriousness, the (G) is operating an absolute block between Nassau Ave and Court Sq, which means only one train at a time can be between those two stations. All signals from Greenpoint to 21 St are dark, and will likely need to be replaced, so enjoy the limited service while you can, because I predict lots of weekend/overnight closures in that line's future!

Given the absolute block scenario, couldn't they feasibly use one track at a time while they repair the other track, without fully closing the line?

So... is there a baton?

The MTA says 12 min headways, 8 (75 ft) car trains, and 10mph through the tube.

If the (N) is terminating at 59 Street, how they turn their train around? they only got a x track at 59 street for Sea Beach and 95 street and local and express in other direction. There no x for north and south side. Are they doing the long process at 8 Ave area?

If the (N) is terminating at 59 Street, how they turn their train around? they only got a x track at 59 street for Sea Beach and 95 street and local and express in other direction. There no x for north and south side. Are they doing the long process at 8 Ave area?

The (N) trains is using the switches near 8th av to relay. I live near 59 station and I see (N) trains everyday. When the (N) trains terminate at 59st they continue on the Sea beach track to relay.

Yes, so business as usual!

The good news is that the (G) is currently operating 10 car trains due to the anticipated crowds.

I don't mind "No service between Nassau Avenue and Court Square"

Doesn't affect me. :lol:

Archived