R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Hudson Yards have lay up track because I remember hearing about the amount of R188 is going to have that they can't all fit at Corona Yard

Yeah there are two tracks that are full trains length. I wonder why 34th Street wasn't made into an express station that way you can have more train storage and a similar set up like Main Street. However I think I do see the problem with having an express terminal with only two tracks once outside of the station towards 42nd street.

Yeah there are two tracks that are full trains length. I wonder why 34th Street wasn't made into an express station that way you can have more train storage and a similar set up like Main Street. However I think I do see the problem with having an express terminal with only two tracks once outside of the station towards 42nd street.

I'm guessing it's two tracks for a easy possible expansion towards NJ.

Extending the (7) to new jersey is money that could be use to building the 10th ave station or rehashing the ARC Project. IMO moving the (7) further to jersey is funding for more CBTC components & infrastructure etc... I quiet frankly dont ever see it happening in my lifetime and think theres other resources that would make more sense to fund like second ave subway or better yet maintaining the current subways infrastructure.

I don't ever see the (7) going to New Jersey. I rather see an 10th Ave Station and a possible extension south in Chelsea.

Extending the (7) to new jersey is money that could be use to building the 10th ave station or rehashing the ARC Project. IMO moving the (7) further to jersey is funding for more CBTC components & infrastructure etc... I quiet frankly dont ever see it happening in my lifetime and think theres other resources that would make more sense to fund like second ave subway or better yet maintaining the current subways infrastructure.

If we want the (7)<7> to go NJ it should be NJ paying for it not NY they get the benefit not us. Also the (7) to NJ is an alternative to the gateway tunnel. They need to desperately make repairs to the current tunnels from NY to NJ so it's not impossible, but unlikely.

I saw. Whens the last train to Times Square tomorrow?

Go to Main st around 12:15, when they announce the first train to 34th ST get on the train that leaves before that 

normally i see like 3-5 but today i saw like 7 or 8 ...

They'll be gone from the (7) eventually, I have a feeling as we'll approach the end of the year into 2016 the swap between the R142A/R62A will pic up pace and you'll see even more R62As at Westchester and vice versa.

Edited by jon2305

As a daily (6) rider, I personally don't like this swap. I don't think a line thats had NTTs for so long should almost be returned completely back to OTT. Don't get me wrong, it is nice having R62As on the (6) , but not as many as we have and will continue to recieve.

Why ? They make service and you have a (6) train every 3-6 minutes , I personally get to work faster for some reason on an R62A .I like the swap and equipment wise Westchester Yard is getting the better end of the deal with the R62As returning back , they barely breakdown and are more reliable service wise.

As a daily (6) rider, I personally don't like this swap. I don't think a line thats had NTTs for so long should almost be returned completely back to OTT. Don't get me wrong, it is nice having R62As on the (6) , but not as many as we have and will continue to recieve.

Of course you would have a problem with R62A's on the (6). You have R142A in your name so you favor them more. Honestly in my opinion idc what the (6) uses as long as it gets me to where I need to go and that is to school and back. I know how it feels when you are stuff using something old and the others have newer stuff. I catch a R142A on the (6) every now and then like yesterday. I also took the (7) and I feel like Corona is fixing those R142A's up pretty nicely. They run better in my opinion but they can sure use a interior washing.