Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

The date/year of every single post in a forum is even right in their faces. How can you "possibly" expect a response after a year or so? Not to mention this site is already half dead as it is.

They were probably browsing the site as a new member, looking through threads etc, and replied to a post without even reading date. I've done it before, it's not something insanely rare. Maybe if you were a little decent you'd warn him, but you'll always find some way to try to power over someone else. The more you bitch about the site being dead the worse it's gonna get.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic, ENY has put their R32's back into on consist (the one that stayed from last year) 3698/99,3932/33,3406/7 & 3778/9 was together, 3714/15/3770/1 are still mixed in with other cars, but they're preparing to send the 5 sets back by the end of the month while the same consist that ENY has is staying, basically those 12 cars are ENY's

Back on topic, ENY has put their R32's back into on consist (the one that stayed from last year) 3698/99,3932/33,3406/7 & 3778/9 was together, 3714/15/3770/1 are still mixed in with other cars, but they're preparing to send the 5 sets back by the end of the month while the same consist that ENY has is staying, basically those 12 cars are ENY's

So ENY is not keeping an additional set? Also I heard that those R32s that ENY is keeping will retire on the (J)/(Z)

So ENY is not keeping an additional set? Also I heard that those R32s that ENY is keeping will retire on the (J)/(Z)

Tell you the truth they may need to keep at least a second 8 car set of R32s because NYCT is planning to SMS the cars on the L, the R143s in 2015. So even with the R179s in testing also scheduled for the next year, they may not replace all the R32s in a hurry before they finally decide to scrap all of them when that order is complete.

The R42s will be scrapped first since they are in terrible shape, with the worst MDBFs in the fleet that the MTA has as a whole.

Edited by realizm

Does anyone know when exactly the R-68 consist runs on the (A) line? I've seen it sitting on  the yard leads at 200th Street station usually around 5 PM weekdays, but I've never actually seen the damn thing in service...

The R68 on the A departs 207th Street station at 6:57PM, every weeknight.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard some news from reliable sources 

6 sets of R32's to stay on the (J) & (Z)

4 sets of R160's to stay on the (C) to get the crew and 207th barn used to NTT since they're getting NTT in 2 years 

cars will still be swapped around when it comes to inspections in their own barns (1 R32 set and R160's ENY) (remaining 5 R32 sets 207th st yard)

I heard some news from reliable sources 

6 sets of R32's to stay on the (J) & (Z)

4 sets of R160's to stay on the (C) to get the crew and 207th barn used to NTT since they're getting NTT in 2 years 

cars will still be swapped around when it comes to inspections in their own barns (1 R32 set and R160's ENY) (remaining 5 R32 sets 207th st yard)

That's great news

I love the R32. Miss these on the (E) years ago. Just love the way it goes fast. I want to know something, just a little off topic question about the R33. Since the R33 was built in 1962 and 1963 and retired in 2003, how come the R32s are still around today since they were built in 1964-1965?

I love the R32. Miss these on the (E) years ago. Just love the way it goes fast. I want to know something, just a little off topic question about the R33. Since the R33 was built in 1962 and 1963 and retired in 2003, how come the R32s are still around today since they were built in 1964-1965?

They were supposed to be retired when the R160s came in, but because of structural problems found in the R44s management decided to keep them running while retiring the R44s instead.

6:53, right? 

I thought it was 6:55...

Snowblock says 6:53 pm. Of course, this is only a general guideline since Snowblock doesn't work at 207th and a poster caught it an hour earlier.

Edited by Gong Gahou

They sent the R160's back last Friday night as well as the R32's, that 1 set should be the same consist, the keeping the R160's on the (C) was told to me by MTA employees but they might have said screw it and changed it last minute , it doesn't matter to me since the (J) still has 12 R32's that they're keeping

Also BTW no cars below The R42's are allowed in the Montague tubes until further notice due to clearance issues, an R32 refuse train was scrapping the tunnel