Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Dude, you have the airtrain as your AVATAR!

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then you're probably talking about the foamer criminal trespasser (and yeah, I know you're on this forum and we all know who you are!) who recently caused a train to BIE in the Cranberry Tube when he was "playing around" with the circuit breakers in an empty cab. Well guess what, now your career as an actual motorman has come to a screeching halt.

Say it again brother!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, you have the airtrain as your AVATAR!

So? Are you saying I changed something or is it something else? Kindly explain.

I don't doubt that, but he said:

"...did not change a thing. I doubt anyone will with what has been going on recently."

I asked what that was, and he said:

"The Howard Beach R32 (A)".

Hence my confusion. I don't understand why such an event would magically stop people from acting like idiots. Or am I missing something?

I meant that people will not risk changing anything with the recent events being made public. It's not that hard to figure out.

The museum pair of 32s in Ave X yard is signed up as the Air train, well I assume its the museum pair as its much cleaner than the active 32s and parts of it was repainted, you can see it from the F train.

There is no museum set in Ave x yard. Those cars are there for CED and Track Dept. to practice re-railing.

The 2342 out of 207 had a R32 set tonight. That's the train that normally gets cut for the Lefferts shuttle.......

they most likely held an R46 at lefferts and sent the R32 right back up or they layed it up as soon as it got there

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Lupo apparently has his avatar set to (JFK) for whatever reason and that is Lupo's problem.

@lupojohn, Why would you put such a comment about an (A) rollsign if (whoever said this, I completely agree) you have THAT TRAIN TO PLANE AVATAR?! Not say you will, Lupo, but hopefully you aren't that person who messes with rollsigns. Please don't make things complicated. Not saying you did this or that, but making sure things don't get confusing to members, Lupo.

Guys,

Lupo apparently has his avatar set to (JFK) for whatever reason and that is Lupo's problem.

@lupojohn, Why would you put such a comment about an (A) rollsign if (whoever said this, I completely agree) you have THAT TRAIN TO PLANE AVATAR?! Not say you will, Lupo, but hopefully you aren't that person who messes with rollsigns. Please don't make things complicated. Not saying you did this or that, but making sure things don't get confusing to members, Lupo.

Your avatar is Iggy Azalea and I don't see anybody giving you lectures about messing with basic white bitches. He did nothing wrong, move on.

Edited by MHV9218

Some R32 Interiors are different (door trims) some cars have the silver plates as the door trim and other cars have the original mustard colored trims. 3610 3611 3900 3901 has the original door trims but cars like 3737 3736 or 3430 3431 have the silver metal door trims. Why is that?

They probably added the silver trims as part of a spec change, all the phase 2's had silver trims while the phase 1's had both

Also the one with the baige trim were GOH'ed in 1988-89, the silver trims were 1989-91 (phase 2's were GOH'ed between 1989-early 1991)

3840/1 were the 1st R32's to get GOH'ed

They probably added the silver trims as part of a spec change, all the phase 2's had silver trims while the phase 1's had both

Also the one with the baige trim were GOH'ed in 1988-89, the silver trims were 1989-91 (phase 2's were GOH'ed between 1989-early 1991)

3840/1 were the 1st R32's to get GOH'ed

Thank You! This explains why 3840/1 3888/9 and 3878/9 have the silver trims. The beige trims gives the interior a more Vintage look and the sliver plate trims make the doorway look wider.

Anyone know if there are any plans to preserve any other R32s following their retirement, or will 3352/53 be the only ones?

3350-53 are currently saved at the moment, 3354/5 has a strong possibility of being saved as well if they decide to save it, there will be plenty of R32's on property post retirement, plus you have 10 cars already in work service

@VIP, 3840/1 has the beige trim since it was the first pair to be GOH'ed in 1988

3350-53 are currently saved at the moment, 3354/5 has a strong possibility of being saved as well if they decide to save it, there will be plenty of R32's on property post retirement, plus you have 10 cars already in work service

Didn't know about 3350/51, thanks.

I'm particularly interested in those work cars. I photographed 3495 leading an uptown (C) train in August 2010, and from photos on nycsubway.org I saw that by September 2011 it had begun use as a work car. Would be nice to run into that thing sometime, make a nice before and after shot. I doubt I'll come again while the R32s are still in service (maybe, MAYBE, I'll try to come for the last run, avoiding the lead car all the while) but it's most likely I'll have to hunt for work trains to photo some more Brightliners.

Speaking of retirements, is this roster still accurate?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqJF78D8SRY4cEg0dHVDLVB1Q2l4cUFKVDNzczluZmc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

It looks as though no R32s have been retired since December 2010, if I haven't overlooked something.

noooooooooooo R-32s should stay in service. I asked my 4 year old brother and he agrees with me (hes the subway guy and im everything transit) but so long R-32s :(

Eventually they will go, so the best you can do now is enjoy them while they're still in service. Don't get me wrong, I like them and they've had a good, long life. Edited by S78 via Hylan

noooooooooooo R-32s should stay in service. I asked my 4 year old brother and he agrees with me (hes the subway guy and im everything transit) but so long R-32s :(

I like R32s as much as the next guy, but they've got to go. Not because the passengers complain about them (couldn't care less about what they think) but because they're old, tired, and rickety. They've had a good life, but it's time for them to go. If they all collapsed into a pile of dust tomorrow they wouldn't owe us a thing.

Better start gathering as much photos and videos as you can.