Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Schecter said:

A little birdy told me that the 1500s are next to be hired good luck all the 1500s!!! They said they got a blast email about a bunch of new conductors and train operators coming in.

Thanks looks like July it is. 💪🏾

2 minutes ago, NUSN said:

A lot of sitting and waiting bro. Lol. But it’s just paperwork and drug test. 

Thank you! I received an email that included paperwork already would you happen to know if I have to fill it out ahead of time or do I fill it out when I get to Livingston

1 hour ago, nickynick86 said:

Thank you! I received an email that included paperwork already would you happen to know if I have to fill it out ahead of time or do I fill it out when I get to Livingston

It's probably not the full paperwork on the email wait to see if you get the full paperwork through the mail. At lot of people filled out the email paperwork and they made them fill out the complete packet in person.

2 hours ago, nickynick86 said:

Fill it out ahead of time that way when they call you up you have everything ready. And you also have to take your diploma and your social. After they call you up you’ll get a packet which is “Homework” 

34 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I have a question guys so I was sworn in today for conductor and starting on June 10th. But today I received my 2nd PE for train operator on June 10th what should I do, I'm so stuck.

You have the option to start training on June 10th and becoming an official MTA employee god willing your probation goes well as oppose to taking your PE for train operator and playing the waiting game again. Start with your training and speak to an instructor and see what they say. 

10 hours ago, NUSN said:

You have the option to start training on June 10th and becoming an official MTA employee god willing your probation goes well as oppose to taking your PE for train operator and playing the waiting game again. Start with your training and speak to an instructor and see what they say. 

See if you can get your PE date changed so you can do both cause more than likely you will get in with TO. Then you would have to make a big  decision 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:08 PM, McFlyGuy said:

Hi guys,

Based on the recent posts, it looks like they are currently in the mid 1xxx's.

Below is a breakdown by score, showing how much numbers are within each score.

Looks like anyone with a score of 97.50 or above were contacted already.

Also seems like they are just starting to contact people with a score of 96.25:

97.50 >>> 508 thru 1436

96.25 >>> 1437 thru 3153

95.00 >>> 3154 thru 5621

93.75 >>> 5622 thru 8452

I did not mention the lower scores because you guys pretty much have no hope of being called.

Hope this puts into perspective whether you should expect a call anytime soon.

I will say this to you. People in the lower 90’s have been called for c/r. Remember this list last 4 years with possible extension through DCAS/MTA if they want to exercise the right to extend the list plus with retirements and people not wanting the job. So, there’s still hope for those who have a 93.25, 92, 91 and 90. 

16 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Just got my first PE in the mail today, I have to report on June 7th. Any last minute tips so that I don't have to stay the entire day.

Get there about a hour early, bring everything the letter says and make sure you do the prior employment history correct. All ur jobs and unemployment periods from current to when you turned 18 

4 minutes ago, Riku said:

Get there about a hour early, bring everything the letter says and make sure you do the prior employment history correct. All ur jobs and unemployment periods from current to when you turned 18 

I believe I got my first job when I was 20, I was a full-time college student from 18-20. Just say I was unemployed for those 2 year?

10 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

I believe I got my first job when I was 20, I was a full-time college student from 18-20. Just say I was unemployed for those 2 year?

Yea you have to fill all gaps, if u was unemployed then gotta fill it as unemployed 

So after my midterm and yard practical I had to be hospitalized three times. Been out until further nothice since May 2nd. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to pick up my last two checks and they tell me they were sent to bk but they don’t know exactly where. 

Does anyone know where this location is exactly? 

13 minutes ago, iag48st said:

So after my midterm and yard practical I had to be hospitalized three times. Been out until further nothice since May 2nd. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to pick up my last two checks and they tell me they were sent to bk but they don’t know exactly where. 

I think they go back to the Treasury department at 130 Livingston. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I will say this to you. People in the lower 90’s have been called for c/r. Remember this list last 4 years with possible extension through DCAS/MTA if they want to exercise the right to extend the list plus with retirements and people not wanting the job. So, there’s still hope for those who have a 93.25, 92, 91 and 90. 

Keeping hope alive!!!

Does anyone know approximately how much people were in each class since December??

1 hour ago, iag48st said:

So u don't have direct deposit?? I would imagine they have to offer direct deposit. I haven't gotten a check in over a decade. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Its possible however I would not expect it past 95 and especially past 9325. If 5 years in you are still hoping for this job. I truly hope that person has looked for many other opportunities at other places as well as other MTA positions. 

On 6/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, Nyctransitorhotels said:

So u don't have direct deposit?? I would imagine they have to offer direct deposit. I haven't gotten a check in over a decade. 

They do offer direct deposit but it can take up to two pay cycles for it to deposit via direct

On 6/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, iag48st said:

130 Livingston