Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I belive that there's some confusion.  Your question referred to exams while the answer was about classes.   The exam for c/r 6601 was about two years ago or so.  That was the last exam for c/r. 

So how often is each test* administered?

Edited by Lawrence St

12 hours ago, Gullys said:

I’m the 4K list number for 6601 got my opa result last month waiting for the pre employments now 

I’m waiting for pre employment as well. Being that they seem to be moving down the list pretty quickly I’m hoping they’ll call the next batch of people for PE soon.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:19 PM, Schecter said:

You will receive the PE by postal mail at least I did, in terms of your phone number change make sure you tell them about your phone number being changed the NYCT number is (347)643-7413 call between the hours of 11am-4pm Monday through Friday. And in terms of when you'll be receiving the PE they should be sending it soon PROBABLY but give them a call and ask and maybe they might give you a time frame. I got my PE last month and my list number is in the 1400s.

Thank you, I've made all the necessary changes with my phone number. Patently the PE letter! 

Anyone know if the agency keeps conductors on the same line or they move them around from line to line? Also, is it each day a different subway line? I’m trying to make a decision between A division and B division. I rather work on 7 different lines than to work 14 different lines. 

If you get to choose your division I strongly advise you choose which division is more convenient for you travel wise rather than what lines you want to work. Trust me it’s a pain working in the A division and living in Brooklyn. 

When you’re new you’ll be extra extra which means any line in your subdivision is fair game. If you end up in the A get used to working the 6...

3 hours ago, 123melvin said:

Yes. You have to get mta approval before you do that. It was in the new hire paperwork

Yeah the HR lady told me if wanted to keep a shift at my current job once we finish school car, I would have to notify transit. But I wasn’t sure if I had to notify them if I planned to work oneshift during school car    .

8 hours ago, VIP said:

Anyone know if the agency keeps conductors on the same line or they move them around from line to line? Also, is it each day a different subway line? I’m trying to make a decision between A division and B division. I rather work on 7 different lines than to work 14 different lines. 

My opinion: if you live in Brooklyn or Queens, pick B divion. If you live in the Bronx, Westchester/upstate, CT, etc, pick A division. 

From experience, they try to keep you as close to your house as possible (not sure how true this is for everyone else, just my experience). In the A, my classmates and I all get put on the 1 or the 6. 

I wouldn't worry at all about the number of lines in each division. Pick whichever is closer to your home. Especially considering the crazy schedule you'll have to work your first year.

17 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

My opinion: if you live in Brooklyn or Queens, pick B divion. If you live in the Bronx, Westchester/upstate, CT, etc, pick A division. 

From experience, they try to keep you as close to your house as possible (not sure how true this is for everyone else, just my experience). In the A, my classmates and I all get put on the 1 or the 6. 

I wouldn't worry at all about the number of lines in each division. Pick whichever is closer to your home. Especially considering the crazy schedule you'll have to work your first year.

What about Manhattan?

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What about the rest of the lettered lines

Bronx: (A)(B)(C)(D)

Queens: (A)(E)(F)(G)(J)(M)(N)(R)(W)

Brooklyn: (B)(C)(D)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)

Manhattan: (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)(W)

Pretty much for those in "B" division, they will keep you close to the line closest to your home, but may send you to any of the other lines at least once a week. If you are on the board at one location, they could send you to work another line, no matter the location (the late clear money is sometimes worth it).

1 minute ago, AngelRC said:

Pretty much for those in "B" division, they will keep you close to the line closest to your home, but may send you to any of the other lines at least once a week. If you are on the board at one location, they could send you to work another line, no matter the location (the late clear money is sometimes worth it).

Ah closest to your home. So how does the clock in and clocking out work? So when ur shift is over you leave from the last stop on the train?

6 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

And I would safely assume they do this after your probation period

46 minutes ago, Riku said:

Ah closest to your home. So how does the clock in and clocking out work? So when ur shift is over you leave from the last stop on the train?

You need to go to the dispatcher and sign out first. Unless the run you have is over 8 hours, then you could just leave. 

2 hours ago, Riku said:

Also, just because you live in a borough doesn't always mean you'll operate a line in same borough. Case in point, I had the R yesterday. I live in Corona but I started in Bay Ridge. They can start you at one end, and end on another (again -- I started at Bay Ridge - 95 St and ended at Continental)