MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is College Point in the Orion 7 plans?

It's very possible and it is under evaluation. These buses for both Depots would just be for spare factor while other buses are rotated for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.

Just pointing out as mentioned:

7578 was at JG to SC, 7651 was at WF to SC

Isn't 7657 at Spring Creek too?

That's actually a typo so thanks for pointing that out. It's 7657, not 7651 which is still at WF, and actually broke down today lol. Edited by East New York

Just curious: Can Flatbush, East New York or Grand Avenue fit an DHF60 in their depots? And if so what are the possibilities of seeing a DHF60 in Brooklyn?

Yes they can. Flatbush should've been more obvious since they have artics that are two feet longer than the D60s :lol: :lol: .

The chances of seeing them in Brooklyn? Depends on what their use would be. But seeing as the MTA wants them gone, slim to none. But, you never know.

Yes they can. Flatbush should've been more obvious since they have artics that are two feet longer than the D60s :lol: :lol: .

The chances of seeing them in Brooklyn? Depends on what their use would be. But seeing as the MTA wants them gone, slim to none. But, you never know.

You have a point Cait. Really if the (MTA) wanted them in Brooklyn perhaps Flatbush and or East New York since they both have the garage capacity then they would be useful for the heavy lines both depots currently have.

Right now MQ pushing those DHF60's back to sender. The Bronx for the time being. Guessing they are retiring at KB, WF and GH.

It's a shame D60's have never been to Brooklyn or Staten Island for passenger service

Actually some have been to Brooklyn.... In 2005 or '06 there was a (Q) train G.O. with (N) trains running through Stillwell Avenue to Kings Highway on the Brighton, and bustitution to Atlantic Av (I think) and there were 5200s, 5300s, 5400s galore. I rode 5454 & 5471, the only time to this day that I know of D60s running in Brooklyn.  That's enough of my off-topic prattle.... carry on. ^_^ 

Actually some have been to Brooklyn.... In 2005 or '06 there was a (Q) train G.O. with (N) trains running through Stillwell Avenue to Kings Highway on the Brighton, and bustitution to Atlantic Av (I think) and there were 5200s, 5300s, 5400s galore. I rode 5454 & 5471, the only time to this day that I know of D60s running in Brooklyn.  That's enough of my off-topic prattle.... carry on. ^_^

Yeah, there's photos of that around the internet. I remember seeing one of the D60s on the (Q) train shuttle bus at Kings Plaza(!) Must have gotten lost...