MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Calvin said:

I think we have to see first, not sure where it'll be

This was said by: @East New York  7483 is the lead bus off the option order, and is set to go to Flatbush.  (This was on 12/3). Needed to look for that post and I found it.  

Now that 7484 is now the lead bus for the option order it would make sense to join with 7483 which is now at FB. Like you said, it's a wait and see process. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

This was said by: @East New York  7483 is the lead bus off the option order, and is set to go to Flatbush.  (This was on 12/3). Needed to look for that post and I found it.  

Now that 7484 is now the lead bus for the option order it would make sense to join with 7483 which is now at FB. Like you said, it's a wait and see process. 

Gotta catch up pal. He & Trevor both reported that 7483 is an extra off the 2015 order, and 7484 (in the blue & yellow) is the start of the new order.

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Just because it would make sense to join 7483 at Flatbush, doesn't mean that's going to happen.

7483 is no longer the starting bus of the option order. That bus was a replacement for the original 7120 that crashed in Chicago.

Like Calvin said, it's best to wait and see.

Edited by Cait Sith

But Castleton's got all new/relatively new diesels though; unless they want to move 7000-7089, or part of that set, elsewhere, would Castleton even need any new LFS? Xcelsiors are already out of the question on Staten Island...

Only depot that I could imagine getting a piece of the new bus orders would be Yukon to move those hybrids off the island. Assuming that they still want to move hybrids off the island.

12 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

But Castleton's got all new/relatively new diesels though; unless they want to move 7000-7089, or part of that set, elsewhere, would Castleton even need any new LFS? Xcelsiors are already out of the question on Staten Island...

Only depot that I could imagine getting a piece of the new bus orders would be Yukon to move those hybrids off the island. Assuming that they still want to move hybrids off the island.

To be fair @Jdog14 said Staten Island is getting more LFS' in the future, not specifically Castleton. Now, there's no confirmation of future plans for the new buses, but that idea makes sense (pushing the hybrids out of Staten Island).

2 hours ago, Rick44 said:

To be fair @Jdog14 said Staten Island is getting more LFS' in the future, not specifically Castleton. Now, there's no confirmation of future plans for the new buses, but that idea makes sense (pushing the hybrids out of Staten Island).

I do believe that's the eventual plan. We shall wait and see what happens though

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays NYCTF!

0020 to ZA

0021 to GA

MQ summary in case something was missed by anyone. Most if not all were posted at some point. 0011, 0012, 6096, 6098, 6100, 6102, 6104, 6106, 6108, 8073-8075, 8077, 8083.

3878, 6386, 6388, 6390, 6412, 6426, 6635, 6651, 6664, 6668, 6694, 6699, 6717 to OH and currently assigned to the M15, M86+, M101, M102, and M103.🎄

In addition to these assignments, MV is currently operating 50 of it's hybrids on ALL of the OH routes mentioned above.   

The way these orders are set up Staten Island will likely end up in the Xcelsior bunch at some point. If MTA keeps placing orders and exercising option 60% NF and 40% Nova it's inevitable they start moving into new territory. They are already in 4 Boroughs now, so Staten Island is a given at some point in the near future. Official assignments should be in soon. Those of course are subject to change when the Novas come in. The hybrids on the S79 will likely end up being Xcelsiors one day as well. TA wants all the hybrids off the Island. As 7484 is now on property, the remaining pilots 7485-7487 are already built as well and should begin audit testing immediately. 

In other news, post Hurricane Sandy damage, the FR Depot rehab project is coming along really well. The Depot is looking really good now. I've been over a few times in recent weeks to see it for myself. There are more than 65 buses "unofficially" assigned to the Depot. As ifirst mentioned quite some time ago, it does still appear that the Q52+ will be split ops when the Depot goes back online.

In other bus news, Nova LFSA's are due any day now. The MTA bus XD40 order should be finalized I'm the beginning of 2018. 

New Flyer wants to start the evaluation on the XE40's before the in-route charging units are built and installed along the M42 route. Their representatives are saying the bus can go out on the road for a few hours then return to the Depot for fast charging. MTA's introduction plans were to have the BB uses begin service on the route after the line chargers are installed. So at this point we may see them sooner than later if MTA goes with New Flyer's recommendation. We will have to wait and see how this goes.

1016 is reported to be doing well as the other 4 pilots undergo evaluation. This is just a reminder for those that may not remember but this order contains 5 pilots. 1016-1020. The plan is to have all these buses in service by next Fall. This is an accelerated delivery and planned as a super-acccereated pilot testing phase in order to ender the buses into service even faster than the 7000 series Xcelsiors.

Edited by East New York