MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

A visit to Eastchester today yielded the following 40'ers that are to be scrapped.  There could be more around as I didn't get to the entire depot or inside the buildings:

Ex Bees: 101, 184.

Orion V's: 6029, 6031, 6036, 6083, 6095, 6117, 6119, 6145, 6146, 6161, 6168, 6175, 6189, 6244, 6283, 6320, 6327, 6336, 6342.

RTS: 9292, 9408, 9419, 9426, 9496, 9582, 9586, 9606, 9608, 9613, 9618, 9669.

One hybrid was destroyed by fire in the rear and had the entire front end removed, presumably to be used on another bus.  No number visible but the assumed # is 6853.

3 New Flyer CNG's: 824, 855, 859.  The 3 Vikings were either moved or are off the property.  There are a good number of Galaxy artics pending scrap, many with parts missing.

Finally hybrid 4618 amongst the wrecks. The one recently involved in the recent B46 collision.  Yellow flags in my mind set off.  Either it is being held there due to court litigation and the thought arises if this bus has frame damage from the wreck, it's over.  It will be some time to determine if the bus is repairable or not.  Time will tell.

Lot is relatively clean because of the pending influx of RTS & Orion V's arriving later in the year.

To add, 4619 is the hybrid that was in the accident, not 4618. 

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A visit to Eastchester today yielded the following 40'ers that are to be scrapped.  There could be more around as I didn't get to the entire depot or inside the buildings:

Could've sworn that 184 was in service this week

Is 1005, 5410 and 5423 still in service?

1005 is retired. 5410 is still in service, just without a GPS. I have not seen 5423 in a long time so I have no idea what happened to it.

Regarding the last post, I've corrected the mistake that the other manager of the site made. I overlooked that one and didn't realize it was copied. Thanks forpointing it out.

5146, 5148-5149 FB to EN.

2401 YU to UP.

6012, 6016-6017 EC to CP. Not sure what's up with that.

4919 JA to CS. [likely loan]

Oh 'wonderful', it's not enough FB got/will get 30 ngs [from FP] to replace the 5170-99 batch [to ech and eny], but will lose more RTSs for the Xd40s. So basically give more lf buses to the depot with some of the longest and crowded lines where it's almost a miracle when people actually moves to the back of the bus instead of pushing out one of the other NG batches to take on the xd40s.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Anyone know why UP gets to keep majority of their RTS? They have 260+ buses with less heavier lines than FB. Or will they move/scrap their RTS when the lfs's come in?

*fixt.

Well UP can't handle the hybrids, so that is sorta why FB has been shafted with the ngs from FP since they already have a ng fleet. UP will eventually get a new batch of buses to replace their rtss. Eny's rts fleet is really old and despite the xd40s they have, they also probably need those rtss they got from fb.

Edited by Grand Concourse

*fixt.

Well UP can't handle the hybrids, so that is sorta why FB has been shafted with the ngs from FP since they already have a ng fleet. UP will eventually get a new batch of buses to replace their rtss. Eny's rts fleet is really old and despite the xd40s they have, they also probably need those rtss they got from fb.

I find it very strange that Ulmer Park and East New York are the only Brooklyn Divisions that can't handle Hybrids or don't want Hybrids in their garages. I don't know why but I'm guessing (Politics) has something to do with this. However, it would be great to shift some NG's to ENY or UP.  I remember at one point UP had 70xx NG's before sending those to Staten Island.

Honestly, its gonna be kinda bad not seeing an RTS on the B41/44/46/49.

I find it very strange that Ulmer Park and East New York are the only Brooklyn Divisions that can't handle Hybrids or don't want Hybrids in their garages. I don't know why but I'm guessing (Politics) has something to do with this. However, it would be great to shift some NG's to ENY or UP.  I remember at one point UP had 70xx NG's before sending those to Staten Island.

Honestly, its gonna be kinda bad not seeing an RTS on the B41/44/46/49.

ENY currently has O7 OG which are Hybrids And UP had  O7 3G diesel 7000-7089 not NG (which are hybrids)

Anyone know why UP gets to keep majority of their RTS they have 260+ buses with less. Heavier lines than FB. Or will they move/scrap their RTS when the lfs's come in?

Mileage. FLA routes are all pretty long wheres outside of the B6, UP local routes don't even leave south Brooklyn.

FLA always had an newer fleet than UP since I can remember.

Flatbush Depot: what do you mean by UP keeping the majority of their RTS?

As I've said in my previous posts:  PLEASE BE PATIENT.  It's a work in progress, many old RTS' coming in are temporary.

It is obvious UP is not getting rid of their RTS' quick enough for you!

There is a lot of shifting going on right now so the worst of the worst can be retired first.  But it has been said time and time again by the time the order is totally delivered within the next year (321 New Flyers, 414 Novas + an additional just signed 72 additional New Flyers) UP should not have as many RTS' on the roster anymore, and those remaining will not be as old.  You will not have a lot of pre-1999, if you have any at all. 

While the assignments for the additional 72 are not known yet as well as where hand me downs are going, the only remaining RTS, till another order comes in, will be the best of the 9350-9699's and the remaining 4900-5249.  Therefore, it is likely that UP will have fewer RTS' than today.

Finally, JFK/FR, LGA, JAM and ENY have older RTS' than you!  Please look at the big picture rather than just at your own favorite depot.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

Oh 'wonderful', it's not enough FB got/will get 30 ngs [from FP] to replace the 5170-99 batch [to ech and eny], but will lose more RTSs for the Xd40s. So basically give more lf buses to the depot with some of the longest and crowded lines where it's almost a miracle when people actually moves to the back of the bus instead of pushing out one of the other NG batches to take on the xd40s.

I also find that even though FB's fleet has always been young, this NG/XD combo is insane! The more SBS'es Flatbush operates in the future, the more local buses to be freed.

ENY currently has O7 OG which are Hybrids And UP had  O7 3G diesel 7000-7089 not NG (which are hybrids)

7000-7089, the 3G's, are NOT hybrids. UP has never housed a hybrid.

Flatbush Depot: what do you mean by UP keeping the majority of their RTS?

As I've said in my previous posts:  PLEASE BE PATIENT.  It's a work in progress, many old RTS' coming in are temporary.

It is obvious UP is not getting rid of their RTS' quick enough for you!

There is a lot of shifting going on right now so the worst of the worst can be retired first.  But it has been said time and time again by the time the order is totally delivered within the next year (321 New Flyers, 414 Novas + an additional just signed 72 additional New Flyers) UP should not have as many RTS' on the roster anymore, and those remaining will not be as old.  You will not have a lot of pre-1999, if you have any at all. 

While the assignments for the additional 72 are not known yet as well as where hand me downs are going, the only remaining RTS, till another order comes in, will be the best of the 9350-9699's and the remaining 4900-5249.  Therefore, it is likely that UP will have fewer RTS' than today.

Finally, JFK/FR, LGA, JAM and ENY have older RTS' than you!  Please look at the big picture rather than just at your own favorite depot.

I'm almost certain anything pre-1999 is leaving Flatbush - IMO, there shouldn't be a single complaint about Flatbush Depot's fleet after these shifts, well except the steps issue that was mentioned by Grand Concourse.

9063, 9070, 9112, 9169 EN to JA. Start waving goodbye to those ENY 1996s.

That would explain why I saw #9169 on the Q30 last night. Also I saw that #9070 and now #9072 have come...HOME!

Orion V's: 6029, 6031, 6036, 6083, 6095, 6117, 6119, 6145, 6146, 6161, 6168, 6175, 6189, 6244, 6283, 6320, 6327, 6336, 6342.

RTS: 9292, 9408, 9419, 9426, 9496, 9582, 9586, 9606, 9608, 9613, 9618, 9669.

One hybrid was destroyed by fire in the rear and had the entire front end removed, presumably to be used on another bus.  No number visible but the assumed # is 6853.

3 New Flyer CNG's: 824, 855, 859.  The 3 Vikings were either moved or are off the property.  There are a good number of Galaxy artics pending scrap, many with parts missing.

Finally hybrid 4619 amongst the wrecks. The one recently involved in the recent B46 collision.  Yellow flags in my mind set off.  Either it is being held there due to court litigation and the thought arises if this bus has frame damage from the wreck, it's over.  It will be some time to determine if the bus is repairable or not.  Time will tell.

Lot is relatively clean because of the pending influx of RTS & Orion V's arriving later in the year.

...and on that note, these buses SHOULD be removed from the roster since you already removed the four buses at aFresh Pond.

It looks like from all the RTS Jamaica is getting they will get a large amount of new buses in the future. QV and JA should give CS all their NG's and that will be enough to cover the Orion V's there. I don't really like the fact that I keep catching RTS on the Q17 but I know it's only temporary.

7310-7311, 7315 new to FB.

7305,7310,7311,& 7315 all spotted in service at kings plaza this afternoon.

Mileage. FLA routes are all pretty long wheres outside of the B6, UP local routes don't even leave south Brooklyn.

FLA always had an newer fleet than UP since I can remember.

most of ulmer's rts's will probably go to scrap when all is said and done due to the poor maintainence in my former depot. trust me,i know.