R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

17 minutes ago, Eagle Railfanning said:

By any chance can I know what facebook group you’re referring to? I dont see it on TNPV.

I said Facebook, not Facebook Group. That being said, a set of photos was JUST posted on TNPV about 5 minutes ago from 181st Street.

The original photo that sparked this latest discussion was taken at West 4 and posted on someone's personal timeline.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2019 at 7:44 PM, Coney Island Av said:

3182-3189 finally in service on the (C) this time. 

I rode on this set on the C earlier today.

56 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Apparently the 10 car R179 is now in service on the (A).

Is this the 30 day test??

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

So basically, 3010-3019 is very close to entering service now that's it's doing simulated stop testing.

The speculation can finally end and this set will finally be ready for service after almost two and a half years of testing. Unless I'm mistaken and it's doing some other kind of testing...

1 minute ago, Coney Island Av said:

So basically, 3010-3019 is very close to entering service now that's it's doing simulated stop testing.

The speculation can finally end and this set will finally be ready for service after almost two and a half years of testing. Unless I'm mistaken and it's doing some other kind of testing...

I’m pretty sure it is simulated stop testing. Based on what I observed from the J and C R179 simulated stop testing, it’ll be anywhere from 20 to 35 days before it enters passenger service. To be clear, I observed set 3058-3065 for the J, and 3150-3157 for the C.

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I think so. It's also possible that the next 10 car train (3020-3029??) is already built and might be delivered once 3010-3019 enters service.

Yup. I just saw 3010-3019 earlier today :D :D. It was doing burn in testing on the (A) when I saw it at Columbus Circle Today

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Those 8 car R179's aren't staying on the (C), once the majorty of the 10 car ones go into service, those would push out the 8 car units to ENY. The (A) and (C) is supposed to share the 10 car R179's. 

Isn't the C supposed to get the r46's from the A until the r211's??