SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

On 12/21/2023 at 10:24 AM, Calvin said:

https://pix11.com/video/man-arrested-after-threatening-mta-train-conductor-with-gun-nypd/9271486/

On Tuesday, December 20th morning on the (B) there was an individual showing a gun to the conductor so, she could open the doors. But, was arrested at the location. Glad that the crew and passengers are okay from this chaos. 

Of all places, Prospect Park Station on the (B) and (Q). Since this idiot didn’t wanna wait for the next train, and she was on schedule to leave PP, then she’s gotta do what she’s gotta do. She gets threatened with a pistol, she’s got no other choice but to delay service and call the police. That’s the whole agenda of keeping passengers safe. Remember: it takes (1) a**hole to f**k things up for everybody. 

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Of all places, Prospect Park Station on the (B) and (Q). Since this idiot didn’t wanna wait for the next train, and she was on schedule to leave PP, then she’s gotta do what she’s gotta do. She gets threatened with a pistol, she’s got no other choice but to delay service and call the police. That’s the whole agenda of keeping passengers safe. Remember: it takes (1) a**hole to f**k things up for everybody. 

Man, people are bitches nowadays. Off topic but trust me, I see kids 'slapboxing' in front of their house with other kids. If they really do wanna fight me, they gonna run. But here, because the train is about to leave, what makes you think you can point the gun at the train conductor? Like wtf? You forget, there's always another train you can f**king wait for? This damn system runs 24/7/365. Like chill and wait f**king 3 MINUTES!!! Both the B and Q are going the same way in bklyn. Man, these people...

11 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Man, people are bitches nowadays. Off topic but trust me, I see kids 'slapboxing' in front of their house with other kids. If they really do wanna fight me, they gonna run. But here, because the train is about to leave, what makes you think you can point the gun at the train conductor? Like wtf? You forget, there's always another train you can f**king wait for? This damn system runs 24/7/365. Like chill and wait f**king 3 MINUTES!!! Both the B and Q are going the same way in bklyn. Man, these people...

I wholeheartedly agree. I miss one train at one time, and had to wait 2 min for the next train, but point a gun a an authorized employee isn’t one of those

The holiday train got taken out of service at Rockefeller Center due to some mechanical issue not too long ago. Also the R7A led the set going uptown too.

Unknown if the issue will be fixed to make some final trips, but if not then that's a wrap for the Holiday train lol. It is what it is. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

52 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The holiday train got taken out of service at Rockefeller Center due to some mechanical issue not too long ago. Also the R7A led the set going uptown too.

Unknown if the issue will be fixed to make some final trips, but if not then that's a wrap for the Holiday train lol. It is what it is. 

Pulled from service see you next year per transit museum facebook post

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Probably and most likely not. Somebody mentioned on Facebook the word "smoke," which isn't good to begin with.

49 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Need to ban ebikes from subways saw video of one catching fire on ttc very bad looking

What's scary is that these morons put their E-bikes in front of the door or the side of the motorman's cab. They always ride the front of the train. I'm surprised the (MTA) hasn't done anything about it yet. I hope the union has brought this to their attention because these batteries on these e-bikes (most not all) are illegal and not approved because their modified.

Edited by R32 3838

10 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

What's scary is that these morons put their E-bikes in front of the door or the side of the motorman's cab. They always ride the front of the train. I'm surprised the (MTA) hasn't done anything about it yet. I hope the union has brought this to their attention because these batteries on these e-bikes (most not all) are illegal and not approved because their modified.

I kicked someone off my train back in September for doing that with a full sized E-scooter. He blocked the door from my alternate conductors position into the car.

”it’s electric… I’m allowed to…” he protested as the cops came over

”you’re not allowed to block my cab doors with it and I already asked you to move it and you didn’t. Don’t care what size it is or what it runs on. My train, my decision.”

rule number 1: do not block my escape routes in the event of an emergency.

14 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

I kicked someone off my train back in September for doing that with a full sized E-scooter. He blocked the door from my alternate conductors position into the car.

”you’re not allowed to block my cab doors with it and I already asked you to move it and you didn’t. Don’t care what size it is or what it runs on. My train, my decision.”

I deal with the same thing. I really don't understand why people can't just follow the rules when we enforce them. I don't want to get into arguments, I'm asking you nicely.

16 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Saw the video of some jagoffs shooting off fireworks on a 7 train

Only in New York City 🏙. I hope everyone on that train was safe. The Mta needs to find way to have their rider take the subway more seriously.

On 1/1/2024 at 11:48 AM, Kamen Rider said:

On 1/1/2024 at 12:02 PM, Lawrence St said:

I deal with the same thing. I really don't understand why people can't just follow the rules when we enforce them. I don't want to get into arguments, I'm asking you nicely.

Rule number 2: Do not interfere with the operations of service when you are bringing a small vehicle on the subway. That will cost you an ejection from the system. Operators need a certain spot clear for an escape route, as you guys mentioned, for emergency cases. No wonder why trains get delayed. Because some dumb nut decided to pick an irrelevant argument with either the motorman or the conductor of the train, then people need LTW forgiveness papers all the time. I’ve experienced that myself. 

8 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

So If it was New Years eve, would It be "New Year Eve"?

If it does not include “Happy” before it. And it’s actually New Year’s Eve (12/31) and New Year’s Day (1/1). Either or, it’s just another day to live off on. 

Edited by FLX9304

Noticed while looking out the front of a Queens bound (R) that there are some "T" signals (not signs) at the entrance of 34, 42, and 49 st stations. If I remember correctly, these signals are a white LED T below a green, and the T lights up if any of the mid station signals are red. Is this to encourage entering on station timers and were these installed anywhere else in the system?

15 hours ago, JustTheSIR said:

Well, with the recent 7th Avenue derailment I’ve seen some talking about replacing the IRT signals with CBTC. Opinions?

Pretty sure there were already plans on replacing signals at Lexington Avenue with CPTC sometime in the future in line with R262 deliveries (which I don't think even came out of the planning stages). Lexington Avenue CBTC was pushed back in favor of replacing IND signals with CBTC first.