SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before any of these fantasy ideas of how to reroute service assuming every terminal in lower Manhattan is operational, it is time right here to note that - the lower half of Manhattan remains without power, above and below ground - . No power = no pump rooms operational = no service. Yes there are pump trains but not for this level of disaster, that is for localized stuff mostly.

I Love the L line & all , but they need some maintainance on the tracks or something .. dont know much about it ... but when the trains are in ATO especially in the morning its sucks becuase the L is packed to the best it can do and people begin to fall on you becuase of the way it rides.

& i have this weird feeling the r 143s are going to be the new r32s

any idea on when the (L) will get something like a fasttrack since it cannot have a fasttrack

I also wish they had a third track , cause they are alotta delays after Bway Junction in the morning.

ok im done complaining now.

Are you sure??? :lol:

All they pretty much did was change all the (3)'s to (4)'s...all the terminal names were still set as a (3).

But while on the (4) today (had to go downtown anyway), I noticed a set (1431-2-3-4-8) with an ad wrap for that new Windows 8 tablet. Wasn't a full wrap like the Swatch R142A, but basically the ad strip, and a huge ad on the lower half of the door.

Edited by Fresh Pond

All they pretty much did was change all the (3)'s to (4)'s...all the terminal names were still set as a (3).

But while on the (4) today (had to go downtown anyway), I noticed a set (1431-2-3-4-8) with an ad wrap for that new Windows 8 tablet. Wasn't a full wrap like the Swatch R142A, but basically the ad strip, and a huge ad on the lower half of the door.

I saw an R62 with the Win8 partial wrap, same for the R142.

The Union Square survivors??

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Before someone posts about that NYDN article about the loop station, what was suggested was recertifying the track as revenue track, allowing passengers to go around the loop again, but not stop at the loop and the station. This is so (2) trains can go express into Brooklyn and the (3) restored if things are ok above the junction (resembling normal IRT west service before the station opened). Also (1) can resume generally a normal schedule with normal headways. No fantasy, please. Thank you for your time in reading this PSA.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Before someone posts about that NYDN article about the loop station, what was suggested was recertifying the track as revenue track, allowing passengers to go around the loop again, but not stop at the loop and the station. This is so (2) trains can go express into Brooklyn and the (3) restored if things are ok above the junction (resembling normal IRT west service before the station opened). Also (1) can resume generally a normal schedule with normal headways. No fantasy, please. Thank you for your time in reading this PSA.

Any estimate on when normal service will resume via the normal station? How bad is the signal damage on the (7) ?

Let's not forget that we might see R46's at CI in a few years. Looking at assignments, it makes most sense that Jamaica exchange R46's with all of CI's non Siemens R160's, because that number would be perfect, and it would keep uniformity to keep down on maintenance costs.

Speaking of R62's, I saw one in the Bronx on WPR on the middle track by Pelham Parkway. Can any R62's stuck uptown be pressed into service if need be?

With ten minute headways and an abundance of yards, I doubt it will need to be.

So what would happen in that case? Rector St downtown would be the last stop, followed by the uptown platform, similar to how the 6 is at Brooklyn Bridge?

I just hope that when they pump out all the water from the new South Ferry, at least make it look better than it was before it was flooded. I doubt that will happen since the MTA wouldn't want to waste time with that station.

Yes, except we'd tell everybody to GET THE F OUT at Rector St, since the South Ferry loop is not classified as revenue track. (1)'s will not even be doing that until a. the power is back b. Cortlandt St is pumped c. the loop is pumped.

Oh come on, not even one video? ;)