SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep this weekend the (C) and (Q) are running increased service for the holiday riders. Usually its the (E)(F) and (Q) that runs increased service during the holiday weekends but this weekend its the (C) instead of the (E)(F) due to the Queens G.Os,

The (1)(4) and (6) are also running on a 6 minute supplement this weekend.

So what are the frequencies? 8 minutes?

Remember when 8 minute headways used to be the norm on the B division on the weekends?

Edited by paulrivera

I'm guessing the (Q) would have 6 minute intervals as it is already scheduled to run every eight minutes for most of the day.

It's mostly 6 minutes as of this pick, during late night hours: it's 10-12 minutes

Edited by CH3348

I took the (J) to Broad Street yesterday. My group missed the first one, but the second one came in soon after. The thing was, after Fulton Street, the train was held in the tunnel to clear out the (J) up ahead. I predict lots more trouble if Broad Street were both a terminal and through station since it has only 2 tracks.

Wasn't that the case when the (M) ran to South Brooklyn? (I thought we had a brown M bullet available if we typed in (Mx) )

Edited by checkmatechamp13

so im riding a 32 today looking out the railfanning window. conductor pops out and yells YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FILM OR TAKE PICTURES OF THE SUBWAY SYSTEM. Im like "ok sorry' inside im like f**k u man, im a young railfan trying to have some fun :(

http://web.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm#restricted

Print this out and carry it with you at all times. I do precisely that.

(C) Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

It's mostly 6 minutes as of this pick, during late night hours: it's 10-12 minutes

It's 8-10 minutes during the weekends and 20 minutes during the late night hours. There's no train line that runs 10-12 minutes during the overnight hours. 

Edited by Daniel The Cool

so im riding a 32 today looking out the railfanning window. conductor pops out and yells YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FILM OR TAKE PICTURES OF THE SUBWAY SYSTEM. Im like "ok sorry' inside im like f**k u man, im a young railfan trying to have some fun :(

Report the guy.

I took the (J) to Broad Street yesterday. My group missed the first one, but the second one came in soon after. The thing was, after Fulton Street, the train was held in the tunnel to clear out the (J) up ahead. I predict lots more trouble if Broad Street were both a terminal and through station since it has only 2 tracks.

My response to this is in the Proposals/Ideas thread.

Bowling green is like that too and church ave and Utica ave southbound after 10 pm.all those are through stations and terminals. Very annoying sometimes.