• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Incredible.

*Image*

I have no words, that is terrifying. Thankfully the B/O (and everyone else) is alive. 

I do wonder how the bus will be removed from the overhang, now that I think about it, that task to me seems possibly dangerous...

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

55 minutes ago, NBTA said:

So theres currently an XN60 hanging off of University and El Grant Highway..(no passengers on the bus, but 12 people got hurt, don't know how it happened).

32 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Driver was taken out on a stretcher FYI. Not sure in what condition but they’re alive.

29 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Incredible.

edit: Wait, that's a CNG bus. holy shit, thank God that bus is still whole and they got the B/O out.

It's been confirmed that there were also 9 passengers on the bus.

51 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

I have no words, that is terrifying. Thankfully the B/O (and everyone else) is alive. 

I do wonder how the bus will be removed from the overhang, now that I think about it, that task to me seems possibly dangerous...

Either a crane to put it back on the bridge, or they’ll put a support on the front half, cut the articulation part, and tow the halves separately.

They are saying that the operator of the bus either experienced brake failure or didn't properly navigate the turn and veered off the road, leaving the bus dangling from the overpass.

the passengers are okay with non life-threatening injuries but the bus driver suffered the most severe injuries and is in serious condition. 

Edited by Melbx15

2 hours ago, Deucey said:

Either a crane to put it back on the bridge, or they’ll put a support on the front half, cut the articulation part, and tow the halves separately.

That's exactly what's gonna happen. That bus will likely be on a flatbed back to West Farms.

52 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I know its not anyone here, but it is extremely disgusting that some of these fans are worrying more about the dam bus then the operator who has serious injuries. 

Which is exactly why we don't give those people any attention.

1020 was on the Bx35 when that happened. There's speculation that the bus experienced brake failure, which may have caused this.

Edited by Cait Sith

On 1/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

To the bus drivers... For the love of God, please pull your damn bus to the curb! Unreal what is going on. Stop after stop, drivers picking up passengers in the street, often times from the bus lane, leaving the entire right side WIDE OPEN, allowing e-bikes to come from behind the bus as the driver is picking up passengers. A number of passengers have been complaining about almost being hit as a result. Passengers CANNOT see the bikes coming from the behind the bus, especially if they are going at high speed, and vice versa. I'm speaking with the (MTA) about this because they need to make some changes. 

Twice this week, I was almost hit with another passenger. Just reckless to drive in service like that, making every stop from the street when the curb is completely open.

This. A thousand times this. I've nearly been nailed by them too, as well as the bus stop blocking cars that take off when we're getting off.

10 hours ago, Missabassie said:

This. A thousand times this. I've nearly been nailed by them too, as well as the bus stop blocking cars that take off when we're getting off.

With the increase in bus lanes, this is something that will only worsen, as bus drivers think picking up from the bus lane with almost two lanes open on the right is totally fine. It's unreal. Some of these drivers are not new either. Doesn't matter who it is. I have seen older women dropped off from the bus lane along Lexington Avenue, with e-bikes flying by as they are trying to get off. Just nuts... If the curb wasn't open I could understand, but the curb is totally clear.

5 hours ago, NBTA said:

I thought I was going mentally insane, but no I wasn't, the Q53 is an airport route now (6280).

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Hilarious. I was waiting for that to happen.

27 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Those wrapped XD60s pop up on the Q53 from time to time. I remember sometime last month seeing a regular XD60 on the Q70. 

Yeah, LGA link schemed buses show up on the Q53 once in a while. It's happen multiple times since April, and it used to happen almost every night during the summer. 

I noticed that the MTA changed up the format of its schedule on their website.  
It kind of reminds me of the non pdf schedules NICE has on their website. I honestly like the old format better but I guess it was time for some change. 

Updated schedules

Edited by NewFlyer 230

15 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

It kind of reminds me of the non pdf schedules NICE has on their website. I honestly like the old format better but I guess it was time for some change. 

Updated schedules

Not gonna lie, I actually like this. It's easier on the eyes instead of everything being so cramped.

19 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Updated schedules

3 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Not gonna lie, I actually like this. It's easier on the eyes instead of everything being so cramped.

They are asking for feedback on the layout of these schedules and I'll be providing it. I am not a fan at all. Too small. Looks like something they copied and pasted from Excel. Definitely don't want that for the express bus schedules.

10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They are asking for feedback on the layout of these schedules and I'll be providing it. I am not a fan at all. Too small. Looks like something they copied and pasted from Excel. Definitely don't want that for the express bus schedules.

It does have a cheap look to it, but as someone with pretty poor vision without glasses, I like how it's spaced out it is. It makes things easier to see without my glasses. The text is also a little bigger as well. The original timetables to me were very cramped and narrow.