BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are mainly due to express bus runs having school trippers. When school is in session, many of the school trippers will have either MCI's or Prevosts. 

The school trippers at Charleston are all local buses, no express buses like before. It'll only pop up on local routes if something happens.

You mean like how the SBS wrapped LFSA's are supposed to be exclusive to the Bx12 and 41 Select runs?

***PIC***

What's even worse is that it isn't even running on an artic route.

The school trippers at Charleston are all local buses, no express buses like before. It'll only pop up on local routes if something happens.

Interesting, didn't know that. When did this happen?

What's even worse is that it isn't even running on an artic route.

Interesting, didn't know that. When did this happen?

The Bx28/38 do get occasional artic trips during Morning Rush Hour and GH will not hesitate to put an SBS wrapped bus on one of those trips if necessary.

Dealing with another busy route, should B46 service be revised to where every other SBS trip on weekdays starts/ends at Williamsburg Bridge Plaza (as with the B44) with local trips going no further than Malcom X/DeKalb? I don't see how local B46 service needed to be screwed with the way it has (and yes 20-30 minute gaps in local service during rush hour are quite common based on my BusTime checks) in order for SBS to work when SBS B44 buses run the full route distance on a longer route to boot. 

When GH had the Bx39, I saw plenty of SBS wrapped buses running on it too.

You should see when an SBS wrapped bus shows up on the LOCAL Bx12. You literally don't know for sure if it's a local or Select until you see it stop at the local stops or it blows past an SBS-only stop.

Edited by paulrivera

You should see when an SBS wrapped bus shows up on the LOCAL Bx12. You literally don't know for sure if it's a local or Select until you see it stop at the local stops or it blows past an SBS-only stop.

People already have trouble knowing the difference when Bx12 SBS service ends during late nights and are waiting at 10th Avenue at around 11 or so. They never read the destination signs!

I'm sure you know about that very well.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by SoulAce Transport

I got burned by that once at Fordham Rd & Jerome Ave (On the west side where the local stop is). It was a wrapped bus, but the sign read: "Bx12 PELHAM BAY" which is for the local. The bus sped right past me. I attempted to run after it, but I gave up after about a block. Then the operator changed the sign to reflect the Bx12 SBS destination. Edited by S78 via Hylan

Those are mainly due to express bus runs having school trippers. When school is in session, many of the school trippers will have either MCI's or Prevosts. 

There have been extremely rare instances where coaches pop up on lines that aren't trippers but like I said, those are really rare. 

People already have trouble knowing the difference when Bx12 SBS service ends during late nights and are waiting at 10th Avenue at around 11 or so. They never read the destination signs!

I'm sure you know about that very well.

Meh.... At least the AM crowd knows better. When the SBS starts up westbound but it's still local only eastbound, no one waits at the SBS stops and everyone dips their cards onboard as they should.

(BTW did they ever get around to putting up the local sign back on the local stop at 10th Av EB? The locals usually stop at the pole closest to 10th away from the SBS stop but there's been no local sign there, just the "NO STANDING" sign and a Guide-a-Ride thingy)

I got burned by that once at Fordham Rd & Jerome Ave (On the west side where the local stop is). It was a wrapped bus, but the sign read: "Bx12 PELHAM BAY" which is for the local. The bus sped right past me. I attempted to run after it, but I gave up after about a block. Then the operator changed the sign to reflect the Bx12 SBS destination.

I flip my shits when that happens to me, ESPECIALLY at night. Back then, at least you could tell it was an SBS if the bus had the blue lights blinking. Dispatchers have a very nasty habit of giving the local code to the drivers when they need a SBS to short turn at Pelham Bay.

Edited by paulrivera

I flip my shits when that happens to me, ESPECIALLY at night. Back then, at least you could tell it was an SBS if the bus had the blue lights blinking. Dispatchers have a very nasty habit of giving the local code to the drivers when they need a SBS to short turn at Pelham Bay.

I think it's intentional... Aside from that how many people actually file complaints about this nonsense?  Likely not many people, so there's that.  The (MTA) can keep saying that the line is a success... 

----

Random Bus Thought...

LMAO!  :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Random Bus Thought...

** youtube video **

LMAO!  :lol:

Full size mattress, now that's a new one.... Longest thing I've seen brought onto a bus (here on the B35 nonetheless) are those folding tables... Of course, those dudes were getting called everything under the sun throughout their whole ride.... One lady was giving the b/o a mouthful for letting them on.....

Full size mattress, now that's a new one.... Longest thing I've seen brought onto a bus (here on the B35 nonetheless) are those folding tables... Of course, those dudes were getting called everything under the sun throughout their whole ride.... One lady was giving the b/o a mouthful for letting them on.....

I'm shocked that he even got it on.  The most I usually have are two big Whole Foods bags (as was the case yesterday) and I feel bad about that, but at least I keep them out of the aisle on the express bus, but this is just crazy.

(BTW did they ever get around to putting up the local sign back on the local stop at 10th Av EB? The locals usually stop at the pole closest to 10th away from the SBS stop but there's been no local sign there, just the "NO STANDING" sign and a Guide-a-Ride thingy)

No, they haven't. There isn't even a Guide-a-Ride. I think they just put the local sign on the same pole as the SBS sign.