• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

In general, it's considered part of the North Shore.

Basically, the general consensus is that anything north of the Staten Island Expressway is the North Shore, and south of it is Mid-Island. Most people would consider the West Shore to be the Mid-Island areas along the West Shore Expressway (so Bloomfield & Chelsea definitely. Travis, depends on who you ask since it's mostly residential, especially east of the West Shore Expressway. But at the same time, it's so isolated from the rest of the Mid-Island. But with Willowbrook Park, everything's kind of isolated. You have Willowbrook on the north/east side, Bulls Head on the west side, and Heartland Village on the south side, which some people consider a subsection of New Springville, so Travis isn't so much of an outlier in that sense).

South Shore, as you probably know would be anything south of Arthur Kill Road/Richmond Road (until up around New Dorp, which I would personally classify as Mid-Island because of how heavily commercial it is, but I think more people consider it to be the South Shore).

I've seen people divide Mid-Island into the East Shore and West Shore (so the East Shore would basically be everything east of Todt Hill, and the West Shore would be Todt Hill, the Greenbelt, and everything west of it).

I've seen Graniteville/Mariners Harbor/Arlington/Old Place included in some West Shore studies, but in general, those would be considered North Shore neighborhoods.

The irony of somebody trying to dissociate a "third-world" area from the North Shore, as if the North Shore isn't considered the "ghetto" side of the island....so if Arlington & Mariners Harbor are the West Shore, what does that make Port Richmond and Stapleton (and West Brighton along Richmond Terrace or Castleton Avenue)?

Listen not all of Staten Island is peachy dandy. Parts of Port Richmond are awful too. I had a colleague who also lives on the North Shore (not very far from Stapleton) who was one of the principals of the company. All that says is there are good and bad pockets everywhere. Yes the North Shore has more of them, but that was done purposely. When you concentrate certain types of housing in one area, yes parts will likely be pretty run down. Mid Island and South Shore only look better in parts because of this, but those areas have their own problems that they try to sweep under the rug. lol The North Shore has some of the most beautiful areas on Staten Island, with original houses that still stand today. Westerleigh and parts of West Brighton are some of the best on the Island, and based on the ranking of some areas, that seems to be a general consensus, so there's a flip side to everything. If I ever moved back to the island, I would likely be back on the North Shore. You just have to know where to go and what areas to avoid. Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Probably a very rare occasion, as they don't send them out on the weekends. Back when SC had those buses, one unit was once sent out on Saturday for whatever reason (it was during the winter). IDK if it was one entire run, but it was out all day (from about 10-11AM and as late as 9 PM). I only noticed it because I saw two BM1 buses on bustime, and had to see what was up (by the time I got Midtown, it did a BM2 trip). 

I honestly don't think depot's like CP care what they send out. Just pick a random number out of the hat and call it a day. Besides they're all rundown anyways.

SEPTAs 2003-2004 D40LFs. 55xx-58xx, how do those buses roar like that?!? Those are the only D40s that sound like that ever. I love Xcelsiors, but I hate the fact that hybrid Xcelsiors are gonna replace those. Wish some modern day diesel buses could have that sound. The MTA Prevost are loud, but these new local buses are too quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

The XN40s make sense. They already have a SBS wrap template for the XD40 that's probably compatible with the XN40 anyway. I don't think they would bother making a brand new wrap template for the C40LF.

I would think they would. My understanding is all buses from 2010 on will eventually get the new paint scheme.

There's one driver out of Yonkers who clearly loves 3069. If that bus is out during the week and it's during the morning, I can bet 9 times out of 10, I'll know who the driver is. lol

I've been on 3069 before. The driver stopped at the X63/4/8 stop and bypassed the BxM3/4 stop.

And what's at ETC that interests you so much? 

Their data has always sucked.  I rarely have slow downs with my unlimited data plan until I reach say 25GB, and the reason it's that high is because I use my phone as a hot spot at home, so streaming highlights of games and music can eat up data pretty quickly.  I put it on one of the highest settings for the best quality too.  :D

the new threshold is 30 GB.

And if you use a VPN the bandwidth doesn't count, saving you data.

Because of that I can push as much as 80 GB of data traffic over three months. TMO only sees 6 GB of it.

The most I ever did was last January at 39.1 GB. And that was Northern Westchester too. In a basement.

the new threshold is 30 GB.

And if you use a VPN the bandwidth doesn't count, saving you data.

Because of that I can push as much as 80 GB of data traffic over three months. TMO only sees 6 GB of it.

The most I ever did was last January at 39.1 GB. And that was Northern Westchester too. In a basement.

What in the heck were you doing to use 39.1 GB??? I apparently used 34 GB this month, mainly streaming and downloading movies to watch.

SEPTAs 2003-2004 D40LFs. 55xx-58xx, how do those buses roar like that?!? Those are the only D40s that sound like that ever. I love Xcelsiors, but I hate the fact that hybrid Xcelsiors are gonna replace those. Wish some modern day diesel buses could have that sound. The MTA Prevost are loud, but these new local buses are too quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of then were repowered to a Cummins ISL engine after being overhauled, and they have wide exhaust pipes

Does anyone know exactly which RTS bus numbers still have the side signs on the bottom of the window like in this video? I usually see them on Jamaica and East New York bus depots, but are there others?

IIRC, all Nova Bus RTSs originally had those signs on the bottom while their TMC and GMC counterparts had them on the top, but I am assuming the Nova Bus RTSs had the signs moved up after their predecessors retired because it blocked drivers and passengers' views?