BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Afternoon everyone I hope everyone's day is going great. I have a quick question. So over the past 4 weeks I've seen that loans are being frequently given to Manhattanville Depot. Is there any reason as to why? Also if they are short why can't any depot just transfer some buses to Manhattanville. For example right now 6744 and 4117 are my guess being loaned to manhattanville so can anyone explain to me why.

36 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Is 0023 now out of Yukon? 

Today I saw it on the X17J in the AM rush and on the X5 in the PM rush, both of which are based out of Charleston. 

The X5 has trippers out of CH, but it’s primary depot is YU. 

As for your first question, yes, the bus is now at Yukon.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Extra list?

it's very possible that the run has been in fact designated a extra list run, meaning that the run is unavailable to pick as a straight run for one operator with another covering the RDO's. chances are when runs are designated as extra list only runs, that run could possibly be a boost run or the actual bus time (time a bus operators ass is actually in the seat operating) is under 8 hours. if i am incorrect, I'd appreciate any corrections from fellow employees 

49 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Why are East New York’s hybrids breaking down already?

Already? Most ENY hybrids are at or close to retirement age. The youngest ones are 6800s which are from 07 IIRC.

IMO, the hybrids aged pretty well, they aged better than our Orion V's IMO. No signs of rust and they aren't rattle traps.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

i have a question for the drivers here i am reading the fall pick

what does it mean when there is an XL on a run

Example run 538 on the q65 the package has an XL indication

https://app.box.com/s/cfe5eec5df2516027491/file/308495137108

I can no longer see the link. But if there is an XL on a run it means that if for any reason that run is cut, ex. Holiday schedule or snow days, that person that's suppose to be working that run would have a fall back on the XL list.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Already? Most ENY hybrids are at or close to retirement age. The youngest ones are 6800s which are from 07 IIRC.

IMO, the hybrids aged pretty well, they aged better than our Orion V's IMO. No signs of rust and they aren't rattle traps.

Remember. 6589-6624 are already over 10 years old...

Yes, the hybrids have aged very well, and no rusts.

25 minutes ago, Statty said:

I can no longer see the link. But if there is an XL on a run it means that if for any reason that run is cut, ex. Holiday schedule or snow days, that person that's suppose to be working that run would have a fall back on the XL list

Try this

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2Fcfe5eec5df2516027491/view/308495137108

Also my question is for the runs where there are 2 run# 's  like 531 C  615 (what is C or S ) 

And those 900 runs on the q65 they get express service? 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

22 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Try this

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2Fcfe5eec5df2516027491/view/308495137108

Also my question is for the runs where there are 2 run# 's  like 531 C  615 (what is C or S ) 

And those 900 runs on the q65 they get express service? 

S = School Open/in-Session

C= School Closed

8 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Wait, if one operator does a run on the M101 and then does a run on the M102, how does that show up in the run sheet?

You mean if it does one trip on the M101 and then the M102? When that happens, there's a note with the bus route that indicates that the next trip will be on another route (the one indicated).

2 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

S = School Open/in-Session

C= School Closed

You mean if it does one trip on the M101 and then the M102? When that happens, there's a note with the bus route that indicates that the next trip will be on another route (the one indicated).

Ah, is there an example of a run sheet I can look at?