BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That's so weird, last night I was around the union square area and spotted that bus and that bus didn't have any ads until today. 

However, great spotting of that bus.

Hopefully, they put more trailer ads on the other buses at MJQ and other Manhattan Divisions.. That's the only depot in the city that I find very sophisticated with the ads.  

Also, hope they can expand those ads to the Brooklyn Division (FB/ENY/GA/FP/JG/UP)

Unrelated note: JG finally putting ads on their XD40's. 769, 772 are the only ones I've spotted so far.

West Farms is also putting ads on their XN40s. Spotted 697 on the Bx32 with the "MY MTA" ad a few days ago

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

- Doesn't Far Rockaway store the local hybrids from JFK as well?

- Also, there's at least 4 standard XN-40s that's still on the Bx6-SBS.

They're rotated. Far Rockaway does have their share of local routes too.

All SIM routes and schedules are now available on the transit app.

Addon:

Apperently all SIM4X and SIM8X buses will make 2 stops, first at the SI mall and then at the last stop of the SIM4 and SIM8 respectively before going to Manhattan. As for the SIM5X and SIM6X they will just be short runs. Father Cupertino PK and Ride is also not served by the normal SIM5/6

Edited by IAlam

2 hours ago, IAlam said:

All SIM routes and schedules are now available on the transit app.

Addon:

Apperently all SIM4X and SIM8X buses will make 2 stops, first at the SI mall and then at the last stop of the SIM4 and SIM8 respectively before going to Manhattan. As for the SIM5X and SIM6X they will just be short runs. Father Cupertino PK and Ride is also not served by the normal SIM5/6

IMO, I rather have the SIM4X/8X start at the ETC, make one stop at the Mall park and ride and then go straight to Manhattan.

1 hour ago, IAlam said:

well, I have some screenshots all you're getting is a drive folder I'm not going out of my way for flicker.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5cmwa40_0-pooyTOD26waNOPw8RWNgR?usp=sharing

Are you using Transit Tracker and if so what are you putting in when searching for the schedules?

14 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Are you using Transit Tracker and if so what are you putting in when searching for the schedules?

Here are the steps to getting the SIM schedules.

1. Download the "Transit App" (offline timetables)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tapgap.transit

2. When prompted to chose a city, click on "New York".

3. Click on "Routes" in the drag down menu from the left.

4. Scroll down untill you see the SIM routes.

5. Choose you're stop combo and choose the date (It won't show anything if you put the date before August 19, 2018).

And you should be done.

Edited by Lil 57

21 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No transit is a different app altogether 

https://transitapp.com/

I highly recommend them since it works almost anywhere in the country with a semi-decent transit system. It also works in a lot of other countries.