BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Just because it's not on the MTA's website, doesn't mean it's not going to happen...people should know this by now. Also, not everyone checks the MTA website. The signs are literally inside of the buses.

65167246_344409382916571_2144275092681523200_n.jpg

Thanks. I hope someone gets a higher quality photo of that.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some teenage girl on the S79 SBS (bus 4263) was allegedly hitting people on the bus, and in one altercation (after getting off the bus), she started punching and kicking windows, and shattered one of the windows on the front door of the bus. Bus was taken out at Ebbits Street. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

7 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Some teenage girl on the S79 SBS (bus 4263) was allegedly hitting people on the bus, and in one altercation (after getting off the bus), she started punching and kicking windows, and shattered one of the windows on the front door of the bus. Bus was taken out at Ebbits Street. 

That girl was looking for trouble it looks like :D

9 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

2 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

That girl was looking for trouble it looks like :D

That girl was looking for a.... "hit".

20 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

I feel bad for S79 riders 4 buses bunching on 10-12 minute headways.

Sounds like normal S79 service.

11 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Sounds like normal S79-riding teenage girls.

Any mechanics or drivers in the house? I want an insider's opinion toward the Orion 7 Old gens. Everyone knows that the RTS are awesome, and its legacy is sealed. But I want to know how people internally feel about these buses. Are they reliable? Great to drive? And overall good buses? I'd like to know more about the Hybrids because the CNGs have been gone. 

15 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

BTW here's the damage to 4263. It's relatively minor, but it was still necessary to be taken OOS.

48109204147_0a13d62d5e_h.jpgWindow Damage, bus 4263 by BM5 Photos 2019, on Flickr

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

BTW here's the damage to 4263. It's relatively minor, but it was still necessary to be taken OOS.

48109204147_0a13d62d5e_h.jpgWindow Damage, bus 4263 by BM5 Photos 2019, on Flickr

17 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Bet this teenager girl didn't pay the fare either.

Hopefully she got arrested and has to pay for the damages.

1 minute ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

She didn't. She left after she shattered the window. Since the bus doesn't have cameras, there's not much that can be done. 

Hopefully the new buses fix that issue since they have cameras. I'm pretty sure all buses have cameras (at least on the inside), otherwise, that's not safe.

58 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

She didn't. She left after she shattered the window. Since the bus doesn't have cameras, there's not much that can be done. 

54 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Hopefully the new buses fix that issue since they have cameras. I'm pretty sure all buses have cameras (at least on the inside), otherwise, that's not safe.

Jeez, she missed her 15 minutes of fame BECAUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE THE MTA DOESN'T THINK CAMERAS ON BUSES ARE NECESSARY for safety and other purposes.  FUN FACT: Did you know that all of Target's store cameras are linked, and can have footage pulled from Minneapolis from any of their locations IN REAL TIME, PLUS Target's got their own "CSI" Crime Lab that actually rivals the FBI's? (EDIT ADD: And they actually had that technology [plus building on it since] over 10 years ago? Target [Private Industry]: 1,000,000; MTA: 0, for those keeping score.)

If only that chick had taken out her anger on a subway platform, THEN the MTA flatfoots could've caught her, or at LEAST her pic would've been caught and then plastered in the Post.

Screwed herself because she didn't have her PMS attack in Brooklyn. Only lowly SI.

Edited by DetSMART45

18 minutes ago, DetSMART45 said:

Jeez, she missed her 15 minutes of fame BECAUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE THE MTA DOESN'T THINK CAMERAS ON BUSES ARE NECESSARY for safety and other purposes.  FUN FACT: Did you know that all of Target's store cameras are linked, and can have footage pulled from Minneapolis from any of their locations IN REAL TIME, PLUS Target's got their own "CSI" Crime Lab that actually rivals the FBI's? (EDIT ADD: And they actually had that technology [plus building on it since] over 10 years ago? Target [Private Industry]: 1,000,000; MTA: 0, for those keeping score.)

If only that chick had taken out her anger on a subway platform, THEN the MTA flatfoots could've caught her, or at LEAST her pic would've been caught and then plastered in the Post.

Screwed herself because she didn't have her PMS attack in Brooklyn. Only lowly SI.

(MTA) Buses actually have cameras inside the buses. Only new buses have exterior cameras, and a couple of the existing fleet is getting them retrofitted on the exterior.

2 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

(MTA) Buses actually have cameras inside the buses. Only new buses have exterior cameras, and a couple of the existing fleet is getting them retrofitted on the exterior.

This particular bus has no cameras whatsoever. MTA is seriously playing games with people's livelihoods smh 

As far as the q114 reroute,  it's about time!  

The issue isn't the Q113 being unreliable, it's more of the flooding that constantly happens along Brookvile Rd. 

As far as traffic along Rockaway Blvd,  it's only bad between the Nassau expressway and Brookville. Between brookvilke and Brewer,  it's a straight highway-like shot with about one or two traffic lights in between. 

This change is also streamlining the two routes, similar to the q52/53 for when it may just become sbs in the future. The only difference between the q113/114 now is the routing within nassau county. 

3 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

As far as the q114 reroute,  it's about time!  

The issue isn't the Q113 being unreliable, it's more of the flooding that constantly happens along Brookvile Rd. 

As far as traffic along Rockaway Blvd,  it's only bad between the Nassau expressway and Brookville. Between brookvilke and Brewer,  it's a straight highway-like shot with about one or two traffic lights in between. 

This change is also streamlining the two routes, similar to the q52/53 for when it may just become sbs in the future. The only difference between the q113/114 now is the routing within nassau county. 

Buses (especially artics) being forced to run along decrepit snake road in 2019 is almost criminal to me. A close cousin of mine has been stuck on the bus for as long as 2 and a half hours due to flooding from start to end, and in just one direction. 

I'd much rather have consistency on the line and this change is pretty good in terms of that, delays on the 113 and 114 should be mitigated to an extent and relieve some riders pains I've seen in Far Rock. 

As for people concerned over lost service on Brookville, I dont see a problem with riders changing from the 114 to 111, especially if it's for everyone's safety. Snake road is a disaster these days...

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

4 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Buses (especially artics) being forced to run along decrepit snake road in 2019 is almost criminal to me. A close cousin of mine has been stuck on the bus for as long as 2 and a half hours due to flooding from start to end, and in just one direction. 

I'd much rather have consistency on the line and this change is pretty good in terms of that, delays on the 113 and 114 should be mitigated to an extent and relieve some riders pains I've seen in Far Rock. 

As for people concerned over lost service on Brookville, I dont see a problem with riders changing from the 114 to 111, especially if it's for everyone's safety. Snake road is a disaster these days...

I take issue with taking away LTD service from 147th riders, just because Snake rd. is an atrocity....

Some people see the Q111 as some sort of short turn to the Q113/4... I don't.