BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

By the time when most of the buses(2011 & onward) are covered with the new color scheme, people that takes the +SBS+ should not have any problems determining whether an approaching bus is an +SBS+ vehicle, right?

I would think the new signs and programs would make things easy lol

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant find it here on the site, but what how many XD60 units is JFK and BP getting?

5364-5391 John F. Kennedy Depot

5392-5438 Baisley Park Depot

If anything: 5439-5490 LaGuardia for Woodhaven SBS

This is subject to change

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/29211-mta-bus-operations-fleet-depots/

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by Metro CSW

Thanks for the info, so 47 buses for BP.....

Is it enough for the Q111/13/14?

I see Flatbush have 38 buses for the B44SBS. I believed that a couple of artics are used on the B49 during the rush as well....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Edited by SubBus

I see Flatbush have 38 buses for the B44SBS. I believed that a couple of artics are used on the B49 during the rush as well....

The buses on the 49 rush hour is for Kingsborough CC.

But you are right about that count. FB had to send 2 artics over to Gun Hill within the last month.

The buses on the 49 rush hour is for Kingsborough CC.

But you are right about that count. FB had to send 2 artics over to Gun Hill within the last month.

Thanks for the info. I don't think that keeping those 2 artics for the start of the B46SBS would help matters. However, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two showed up on the first day of SBS....

Edited by SubBus

Thanks for the info, so 47 buses for BP.....

Is it enough for the Q111/13/14?

It will have to do for now. They'll order more eventually if it works out well. More routes around the MTABC division will see more artics in the future. At least that's what I've heard and why not.

......In another note, these OGs are gonna go fast.

It will have to do for now. They'll order more eventually if it works out well. More routes around the MTABC division will see more artics in the future. At least that's what I've heard and why not.

......In another note, these OGs are gonna go fast.

True....

Once again, thanks for the info...

Edited by SubBus

when the XD60's hit service out of BP what will happen to the q112 Q110 and Q64, since only they will run on q111,q113,and q114.

I have a strange feeling that an XD60 will show up on the Q64 before January.

does GA want OG's hybrid buses , since ENY doesn't want their hybrids buses anymore but it looks like they have to keep them for a while.

GA had them once a upon of time. I doubt they want them again. What's making sense right now the OG's are going over to Fresh Pond. The last bus to leave ENY to FP. 6588. Hopefully more will possibly follow suit to Fresh Pond soon.

SO they were repairing on the Q44sbs machines and I kid you not, it was running on windows 95, WHY???

I think it's a version of Windows CE/2000, not 95. Most of the machines and the FIND displays on the R160s work with Windows CE/2000. I think it's some kind of corporate version, forgot the story.