MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They might as well have painted the whole thing in the SBS colors similar to the Xcelsiors on the Q70.

YES!

I very much dislike this SBS scheme, it looks horrid.

I fear for what the express bus scheme would look like, after this catastrophe. The local scheme looks way better than the SBS scheme.

YES!

I very much dislike this SBS scheme, it looks horrid.

I fear for what the express bus scheme would look like, after this catastrophe. The local scheme looks way better than the SBS scheme.

I fear that they'll go for a green color for the express fleet scheme for some reason.....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by Metro CSW

They probably made the SBS scheme only cover half of the bus so it would be easier take it off if the bus got downgraded to local service. If they made the entire bus the SBS scheme and wanted to downgrade it to local service, the entire bus would have to be redone rather only the bottom part.

That pic of the XD60 parked outside of Citi field is cool! Reminds me of a photo I saw once of an Queens Surface RTS parked in front of the Sphere in Flushing Meadows park.

Edited by trainfan22

Looks like the MTA wasted no time...4B888549-CAFA-4911-AE6A-76F4A24A703B_zps

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Hmm.... This reminds me of last year when Godmo sent these buses out to the press. Perhaps that's what's gonna happen soon too?

But then again the XN40s are just sitting in JFK being sexy since they don't really need an introduction.

The Flatbush SBS paint look totally better than this. Too bad these XD60's aren't coming to Flatbush. This paint is totally disgusting. Also the worse part is that they won't put any ads to generate additional revenue just like the other SBS fleet including the XD40 fleet.

Totally agreed.

FB needs more XD40s for regular routes. The SBS46 took majority of the XDs

They're getting XD60s from the Bronx

Facts. If FB could get CS's XD40's than it would be excellent.

They're (FLA) getting 4700 XD60s from the Bronx. The XDs CS is getting replaces the Novas

They're getting XD60s from the Bronx

They're (FLA) getting 4700 XD60s from the Bronx. The XDs CS is getting replaces the Novas

I dont think (FB) is confirmed to get the XD60's from the Bronx as of yet, and you mean the novas from CS are being replaced by XD60's.

I dont think (FB) is confirmed to get the XD60's from the Bronx as of yet, and you mean the novas from CS are being replaced by XD60's.

I see this happening: (part-sensible and part-"hot take" just to get you guys talking  :D )

-FB gets 4710-4745 from KB for the B44 SBS and each bus gets the new SBS wrap, freeing all FB's LFSA buses (36) to go elsewhere.

-GH gets 4746-4754 from KB, giving GH enough XD60s (54) to free up GH's LFSA SBS buses (52) to go elsewhere. All of GH's XD60's go SBS and get the new wrap as well.

-KB gets brand new and/or existing LFSA's from FB and/or GH as replacements.

Also, do you guys think those LFSA's from CS end up launching the M79 SBS?

I see this happening: (part-sensible and part-"hot take" just to get you guys talking :D )

-FB gets 4710-4745 from KB for the B44 SBS and each bus gets the new SBS wrap, freeing all FB's LFSA buses (36) to go elsewhere.

-GH gets 4746-4754 from KB, giving GH enough XD60s (54) to free up GH's LFSA SBS buses (52) to go elsewhere. All of GH's XD60's go SBS and get the new wrap as well.

-KB gets brand new and/or existing LFSA's from FB and/or GH as replacements.

Also, do you guys think those LFSA's from CS end up launching the M79 SBS?

Honestly in my true opinion. We can speculate the outcome to what moves will take place. However, the (MTA) has the final say to what moves will happen.

What I would like to take place is possibly part of the LFSA order should come to Brooklyn for the B46 local since KB and GH have the most of the order. I believe it's 92 buses for this order. But due to maintenance issues it's strickly Manhattan and Bronx order.

Honestly in my true opinion. We can speculate the outcome to what moves will take place. However, the (MTA) has the final say to what moves will happen.

What I would like to take place is possibly part of the LFSA order should come to Brooklyn for the B46 local since KB and GH have the most of the order. I believe it's 92 buses for this order. But due to maintenance issues it's strickly Manhattan and Bronx order.

And it IS a 92 order

I don't think its in Plattsburg, but New Flyer is supposedly building a new plant somewhere upstate.

It's a component manufacturing facility in Jamestown, NY.

New Flyer of America Inc., a subsidiary of New Flyer Industries Inc. (“New Flyer” or the “Company”), the largest heavy-duty transit bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, announced the opening of a new component manufacturing and assembly facility in Jamestown, NY, located in Chautauqua County, in western New York State. 

The 40,000 square foot facility will start by manufacturing certain components for up to ten New Flyer Xcelsior® buses per week, which will then be assembled at New Flyer transit bus production facilities in St Cloud, Minnesota.