MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East NY, is there any truth to the rumor that MJQ will be getting the 86 from Tuskegee?

I wouldn't be surprised. It would make sense to have most, if not all of the SBS buses out of one depot.

are u assuming wf become all cng? i'm not.

From what I heard, WF is supposed to be all CNG, once they receive the XN60s.

Now that we can publically talk about this Orion order (Note it's been listed as 200 diesel buses for some time now). When everyone was asking if thought Nova or NFI would get the order I just ignored you all! Sorry, but I could only post numbers as some information I cannot say details on until I'm given the go ahead. We don't ever need to have another C40LF incident! Lol. There's also a lot of controversy because the deal isn't set in stone, and there are a few major issues that need to be sorted out first. Check out both "200 Ex-TTC Orion" threads for more information as this saga may continue to change by the hour.

Major updates all across the board coming.

We also have to finish assignments for all the new buses coming in, talk about preliminary, as well as confirmed fleet numbers, and how these new alternative energy Bus Qualification programs will work.

We will talk about the option orders for more 40 footers, the introduction of XN60's, the fact that BYD may not make the cut, the introduction of Allison hybrids reintroduction of BAE hybrids (Yes I said BAE!)

We have A LOT to cover so just stay tuned because this week will be full of hot topics.

As for the upcoming XDs and LFS options orders, are they gonna follow the numbers currently on the base orders?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

As of right now and until further notice yes. This is what we have as of this evening.

XD40- 7483-7849 pending

LFS 8504-8754 pending

XN60 1000-1109 confirmed

XDE40 6906-6915 possible yot unconfirmed

Proterra Not Yet Assigned

XE40 Not yet assigned.

Right now it's just bad for Brooklyn Division. The way these orders are coming FB won't see any new buses for a while. Hopefully more XD40's do come in.

Grand Avenue batch of XD60 come in this summer I believe.

Any more LFSA's to FB from Manhattan or Bronx? Besides the few that came in earlier this month.

4700 assignments as well as the future Flatbush artic fleet is still unconfirmed.

Are we getting another BYD bus?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

That is still pending on if they can meet MTA specifications. Nothing is confirmed at this time.

are they planning to keep any diesel artics?

No. Eventually they will all be sent to other depots. WF will as mentioned previously become an all CNG depot.

As far as the M86 goes, I didn't see it anywhere on the depot ops summary, so I reached out to the crew and they haven't heard anything of this either.

Edited by East New York

Now that we can publically talk about this Orion order (Note it's been listed as 200 diesel buses for some time now). When everyone was asking if thought Nova or NFI would get the order I just ignored you all! Sorry, but I could only post numbers as some information I cannot say details on until I'm given the go ahead. We don't ever need to have another C40LF incident! Lol. There's also a lot of controversy because the deal isn't set in stone, and there are a few major issues that need to be sorted out first. Check out both "200 Ex-TTC Orion" threads for more information as this saga may continue to change by the hour.

Major updates all across the board coming.

We also have to finish assignments for all the new buses coming in, talk about preliminary, as well as confirmed fleet numbers, and how these new alternative energy Bus Qualification programs will work.

We will talk about the option orders for more 40 footers, the introduction of XN60's, the fact that BYD may not make the cut, the introduction of Allison hybrids reintroduction of BAE hybrids (Yes I said BAE!)

We have A LOT to cover so just stay tuned because this week will be full of hot topics.

As of right now and until further notice yes. This is what we have as of this evening.

XD40- 7483-7849 pending

LFS 8504-8754 pending

XN60 1000-1109 confirmed

XDE40 6906-6915 possible yot unconfirmed

Proterra Not Yet Assigned

XE40 Not yet assigned.

4700 assignments as well as the future Flatbush artic fleet is still unconfirmed.

That is still pending on if they can meet MTA specifications. Nothing is confirmed at this time.

No. Eventually they will all be sent to other depots. WF will as mentioned previously become an all CNG depot.

As far as the M86 goes, I didn't see it anywhere on the depot ops summary, so I reached out to the crew and they haven't heard anything of this either.

ENY, Thanx for your info.

Let's just say Quill gets LFS and hope that I pray they get 70 to match the 70 1994 RTS 8600-8670 they got (8600-8639 from the old 100 St & 8640-8670 from the old Amsterdam prior to the 1998 opening of the former Westside that is now Quill)

I'm gonna play devils advocate for a moment. Something tells me that FB may end up keeping the LFSA's for a bit longer. Only reason I'm saying this is only because with the recent transfers from Quill and Gun Hill. Also something tells me that FB may inherit more LFSA's before the 4700's come in.

Now that Grand Avenue is getting XD60's and it's only 20 for now. Will some of existing fleet head over to Fresh Pond and or Ulmer Park or will they have room to keep everything?

I'm gonna play devils advocate for a moment. Something tells me that FB may end up keeping the LFSA's for a bit longer. Only reason I'm saying this is only because with the recent transfers from Quill and Gun Hill. Also something tells me that FB may inherit more LFSA's before the 4700's come in.

Now that Grand Avenue is getting XD60's and it's only 20 for now. Will some of existing fleet head over to Fresh Pond and or Ulmer Park or will they have room to keep everything?

What are 4700's?

And why FB still using RTS?

Personally, I would prefer they keep them, especially over those bronx hand-me-downs....

Let's just say Quill gets LFS and hope that I pray they get 70 to match the 70 1994 RTS 8600-8670 they got (8600-8639 from the old 100 St & 8640-8670 from the old Amsterdam prior to the 1998 opening of the former Westside that is now Quill)

Each depot will get whatever upper management decides to put there. As long as they're the kinds of buses with wheels that "go 'round and 'round all through the town," all will be right with the world.

What are 4700's?

4710-4799 (NF XD60s the very first orders for NYCTA under the New Bus Qualifications Group)

Each depot will get whatever upper management decides to put there. As long as they're the kinds of buses with wheels that "go 'round and 'round all through the town," all will be right with the world.

Without the little kids quote please

They may be there a bit longer but as I mentioned before TA wants fleet comonality among the depots. Since FB will be getting more XD's in the future, they want the LFSA's moved out somewhere else eventually.

What are 4700's?

FB still has RTS' because that's what they wanted. They have some of the best in the city too.

I know you love to say this repeatedly, and once again I'm going to say knock it off. This is a forum where people can discuss whatever it is they want on topic. You continuing to be a bully is not going to be tolerated. It's intimidating and it can make people not want to ask questions. This is like the 7th and final time I have addressed you on this. You have posted over 1,000 times and have contributed next to nothing. The next time you make a post like this your posting abilities will be suspended for insubordination. I hope I make myself very clear that this is your final warning!

I know you love to say this repeatedly, and once again I'm going to say knock it off. This is a forum where people can discuss whatever it is they want on topic. You continuing to be a bully is not going to be tolerated. It's intimidating and it can make people not want to ask questions. This is like the 7th and final time I have addressed you on this. You have posted over 1,000 times and have contributed next to nothing. The next time you make a post like this your posting abilities will be suspended for insubordination. I hope I make myself very clear that this is your final warning!

My comment was clearly humorous. Your reply shows who the true "bully" is.

is there a set timeline for retirement of the 1996 RTS buses?

It was actually about 2 years ago lol. Nothing is set in stone right now. And they could be around a tad bit longer than expected for the 5th time around. Lots of shuffling and pending assignments right now. Catch them while you can though, because there days are numbered. I knew they would hit 21 years old and that's really cool. They will all be gone by years end most likely. Some will remain in storage. Ran into 5075 today and that has a 23 year old transmission in it..... #Equipment

Is MCH depot gonna get new buses to replace the 12xx nova's? Or hand-me-downs? I keep hearing both rumors from people.

Both are actually true. They will get hand me downs for the most part, but they will get a few new buses as well. Which types are unconfirmed. I will however have a preliminary future assignment possibility report from DOB this weekend, if not later this evening. No timeline as of right now, but there are options on this artic order, so they could get Nova's or New Flyers.

No your comment did come off as slightly condescending, even if that wasn't your intention.

That's always his intention, and a few (more than one) other users have felt the need to contact me privately about these types of posts on more than one occasion.

Moving along......