M15 SBS running red lights?

Gorgor

Ok, just want to clarify something.

I completely understand that if the bus is going 30mph and the light starts to change up ahead the bus might have to run the red and then slow down to stop at the next light.

What I'm talking about is the bus just pulled out of the stop, going about 5mph, the light started to change up ahead, and then she just floored it and blatantly passed the red light about 2 seconds after it changed. That's the problem.

What are you trying to say here? Its up to the B/O if he wants to run the light B/Os HAVE TO RUN LIGHTS IF HE/SHE WANTS TO KEEP SCHEDULE. I learned the hard way when I was first was out on my own, I stopped at all the lights and the bus behind me was 30mins behind ended up passing me. You know how many lights I run while pulling out of a bus stop? At the sametime you must operate your bus safely.

There is no problem here, your problem still comes back to the x90 whatever route it is you miss so very much.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no problem here, your problem still comes back to the x90 whatever route it is you miss so very much.

Ok you know damn well that that has absolutely no bearing on this thread. You want to go and criticize me? Fine go ahead, but using the excuse "he just hates everything because his express bus got cut" is completely crossing the line. I'm fine with a little arguing here and there if you must, but come on, trying to discredit me by spewing that out is just wrong.

Ok you know damn well that that has absolutely no bearing on this thread. You want to go and criticize me? Fine go ahead, but using the excuse "he just hates everything because his express bus got cut" is completely crossing the line. I'm fine with a little arguing here and there if you must, but come on, trying to discredit me by spewing that out is just wrong.

lol...

I have a question everyone wants to know the answer too...

Why in the blood clat are you still talking?

Not everything...

Just any mode of transportation you now have to take b/c of that route's discontinuation....

Character assassination will continue to take place, the more (and in-depth) you complain.

You have no one to blame but yourself.

You don't need any of us in here to discredit you, you do a fine job doing that yourself.

1st and 2nd avenue have bus enforcement cameras. If any B/O is doing anything reckless, I am sure that whoever watches those videos will pass it on. We all know the (MTA) does not pass on the chance to get an employee in trouble. Of all the lines to worry about, this ain't one of them. Next.

We all know the (MTA) does not pass on the chance to get an employee in trouble. Of all the lines to worry about, this ain't one of them. Next.

If you're a risk of causing them to have yet another lawsuit, then of course. lol

They rather pay us a few hundreds or thousands of dollars in late slips than pay into court fees and then a lawsuit settlement of millions. But that's their way of thinking.

What your uncle told you was a lie lol. I have a friend who works out of Eastchester and he gets yelled at by that fat spanish disatcher on 23rd on a norm. That dispatcher calls out the buses numbers and run numbers when they are suppose to arrive and if you aint there when he calls that number and when you show up you will hear it.

Our dispatchers can be an ass also. I was yelled at for leaving the platform 2mins late at PABT.

I wonder how other dispatchers in Long Island or Philadelphia.

One time when I was at Bridge St between Whitehall & State Sts, where delivery trucks were parking, blocking tour route.

Grayline dispatcher yelled at his B/O for not following other helper who were trying to help this B/O go around the illegal parked truck.

wow hence why signal priority should be expanded to as many bus rtes as possible so the light turns green when it sees the bus done no more redlight running!!!!!!!

Are you crazy? That going to be bound to have accident both bus and other traffics following close behind. It will be like this.

It going to be like 59th St & 7th Av, where both directions turned at same time, which is way DANGEROUS and that traffic light need to change pattern for driver and pedestiran safety.

TSP should be only set up on busy intersection for one bus route like for example.

1. Q60 turning from 60th St to 2nd Av to get to bridge.

2. 21st St Bus Northbound turning left onto 41st or 40th Avs to bridge.

3. 21st St Bus Southbound turning left onto Queens Plaza.

4. Westbound buses turning left onto 41st Av.

5. M31/M86 going northbound on York Av turning left onto 91st St.

6. Bronx Buses on Ft. Washington Av making left onto 178th St.

7. NY Waterway Shuttle Bus on northbound making left turn onto Pier 79.

8. M4 Southbound making left turn onto 110th St. or M4 Northbound making left onto 165th St.

9. M60 Eastbound making left onto Broadway from 106th St, Astoria Blvd to 82nd St, Q33 making left onto 85th St from Astoria Blvd.

10. Q49 Westbound making left turn onto 92nd St, Q33 making left onto 82nd St.

11. M60 Westbound making left onto Amsterdam Av and making left onto Broadway from 120th St..

12. M104 Westbound making left onto Broadway.

What are you trying to say here? Its up to the B/O if he wants to run the light B/Os HAVE TO RUN LIGHTS IF HE/SHE WANTS TO KEEP SCHEDULE. I learned the hard way when I was first was out on my own, I stopped at all the lights and the bus behind me was 30mins behind ended up passing me. You know how many lights I run while pulling out of a bus stop? At the sametime you must operate your bus safely.

In NYC, traffic lights are somewhat factored in. I mean, I've timed a few of the Manhattan routes (which we all know hit a bunch of traffic lights), and the bus was pretty much on schedule. It's pretty much the same out here in SI on routes like the S48: They don't get thrown off schedule too badly because of lights by themselves (it's usually a combination of leaving the terminal late, becoming overcrowded, and getting stuck in traffic. The lights are just icing on the cake)

In NYC, traffic lights are somewhat factored in. I mean, I've timed a few of the Manhattan routes (which we all know hit a bunch of traffic lights), and the bus was pretty much on schedule. It's pretty much the same out here in SI on routes like the S48: They don't get thrown off schedule too badly because of lights by themselves (it's usually a combination of leaving the terminal late, becoming overcrowded, and getting stuck in traffic. The lights are just icing on the cake)

Checkmate, you just proved 553s point! The schedule is timed for you to catch as many lights as you can in one light cycle. What puts buses behind is getting caught at one light because of somebody fumbling with money or asking a question that they already answer to and just when the light turns green again here comes another group...so you miss the light cycle again, that's when minutes start adding up. This is why you'll see alot of drivers do exactly what this particular M15 driver did....hurry up and get away from the curb and through the intersection before you get caught up and start burning minutes. That why when I drive transit I didn't always want the fastest bus, just one that had a good pickup to get away from the curb!

Thats exactly why I always want to have a 7100. They get away from the curb faster then any bus ive been on. We haul ass on the ACE for this reason so if we do get caught at light we have extra time but once you miss the cycle and the pax start acting dippy then you lose those extra mintues quickly; there goes your break. Some of you people need to be a B/O so you can actually see what we talking about.

I wonder how other dispatchers in Long Island or Philadelphia.

One time when I was at Bridge St between Whitehall & State Sts, where delivery trucks were parking, blocking tour route.

Grayline dispatcher yelled at his B/O for not following other helper who were trying to help this B/O go around the illegal parked truck.

Are you crazy? That going to be bound to have accident both bus and other traffics following close behind. It will be like this.

It going to be like 59th St & 7th Av, where both directions turned at same time, which is way DANGEROUS and that traffic light need to change pattern for driver and pedestiran safety.

TSP should be only set up on busy intersection for one bus route like for example.

1. Q60 turning from 60th St to 2nd Av to get to bridge.

2. 21st St Bus Northbound turning left onto 41st or 40th Avs to bridge.

3. 21st St Bus Southbound turning left onto Queens Plaza.

4. Westbound buses turning left onto 41st Av.

5. M31/M86 going northbound on York Av turning left onto 91st St.

6. Bronx Buses on Ft. Washington Av making left onto 178th St.

7. NY Waterway Shuttle Bus on northbound making left turn onto Pier 79.

8. M4 Southbound making left turn onto 110th St. or M4 Northbound making left onto 165th St.

9. M60 Eastbound making left onto Broadway from 106th St, Astoria Blvd to 82nd St, Q33 making left onto 85th St from Astoria Blvd.

10. Q49 Westbound making left turn onto 92nd St, Q33 making left onto 82nd St.

11. M60 Westbound making left onto Amsterdam Av and making left onto Broadway from 120th St..

12. M104 Westbound making left onto Broadway.

you have a very valid point I meant in a safe manner and where practical of course you can't have signal priority everywhere that much I know I was saying on corridors that need it.

DUDE your taking it way too far that indian intersection doesn't even have a traffic light thats a DEATH TRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Be ungrateful and complain when bus operators try to make your commute a bit faster?

seriously stop your talking to a wall gorgor and others all they do is complain get over it it's a fact of life. It's like telling the stupid lady to get smart not gonna happen

Now that's interesting... No wonder you guys are so prompt out in NJ. Granted during the rush the buses can be late, but I usually set my phone to the express buses arriving out there. If I recall correctly however, my uncle told me that the (MTA) doesn't mind if you're late, but they're strict about being early. Then again it may also depend on what depot you're out of because some depots seem to be more strict than others (i.e. Manhattanville).
You are right about that shit hole Manhattanville steer clear of that place you either have to kiss ass or get on your knees the worst Depot in the system and this prick Justin McCarthy got to watch out as he's a liar to the 3rd degree

What your uncle told you was a lie lol. I have a friend who works out of Eastchester and he gets yelled at by that fat spanish disatcher on 23rd on a norm. That dispatcher calls out the buses numbers and run numbers when they are suppose to arrive and if you aint there when he calls that number and when you show up you will hear it.

Our dispatchers can be an ass also. I was yelled at for leaving the platform 2mins late at PABT.

LMFAO nothing else better to do

You are right about that shit hole Manhattanville steer clear of that place you either have to kiss ass or get on your knees the worst Depot in the system and this prick Justin McCarthy got to watch out as he's a liar to the 3rd degree

LOL hey whats the 411 on Manhattanville, whats wrong with that depot. And @ 553 bridegton i dont like that dispatch on 23rd street, their was a few times i was running late, he do call out your run and bus number if your not at your arrive time. So when i do get to 23rd he gives me that look, in my head i just be saying fu&k you and kick rocks. Thats why i got off the exprees and picked the Q50 for the fall pick. I really not to thrill about exprees routes, in the ( Genaral ) pick ima oick LGA comes jan.:tup:

LOL hey whats the 411 on Manhattanville, whats wrong with that depot. And @ 553 bridegton i dont like that dispatch on 23rd street, their was a few times i was running late, he do call out your run and bus number if your not at your arrive time. So when i do get to 23rd he gives me that look, in my head i just be saying fu&k you and kick rocks. Thats why i got off the exprees and picked the Q50 for the fall pick. I really not to thrill about exprees routes, in the ( Genaral ) pick ima oick LGA comes jan.:tup:

So no express runs for you?? How could you not love driving an MCI?? :confused:

I heard the same thing when my uncle, who recently retired as a B/O, worked there....Also from what I was told, when the small amounts of RTSs used to be there, the dispatcher would play a game of favoritism with them...when certain drivers asked for them, he wouldnt allow it....but would give it to other drivers...

Archived