What was your last bus ride on MTA Long Island Bus.

Marctalky1

Two years ago. August 15th, 2009 on the N33, from the (A) train station in Far Rockaway to my aunt's place in Long Beach. I've only gone out there twice since 2009 and I've taken the railroad both times, but up until 2009 I would take the (A) to the N33 pretty much every time I would go out to Long Beach.

That's the only LIB route I've ever ridden and probably ever will ride.

A few weeks ago, after work I went to Hillside Ave to try and catch a ride on one of the new New Flyer buses running on QV routes, caught one on the Q2, rode it to its eastern terminal, and walked to LI to catch a Jamaica bound bus (I was really hoping to catch a loaner Orion, but got a regular V CNG.)

Anyway, it sucked as I had to wait really long during rush hour and the first bus that came flagged me. Eventually a V CNG on the N1 came and I rode it to 165th.

Before that, I ride the N4 on a Saturday afternoon during the summer, had to wait really long and bus was crushloaded and people had to be flagged along the route.

And the previous two rides on LIB sucked as well, I had to stand on a N24 from Mineola to Hillside Ave SMH.

It must suck to have to ride that bus system on a daily basis, I know buses suck overall from a commuter POV but damn LIB was on another level of shitty. Its gonna be scary to see how the next couple of months transpire out there.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f149/jamaica-montauk-local-bus-33578.html

The actual last ride being the N70/71/72 (not sure which) portion from RXR (Uniondale) to Hempstead, where I picked up the LIRR again to return home.

All of this, not knowing what coming years will bring, I figured it might be the last chance to do the whole trip.

I have a question about Student MetroCards: In some areas, there's no MTAB/NYCT service, and it's replaced by LIB or Bee-Line service (Boston Road in The Bronx only has the 60/61/62, and the eastern part of Jamaica Avenue only has the N24, and there's probably a couple of others I'm forgetting). Do those routes accept Student MetroCards or are you SOL if you live by those routes and they're the most convenient way to get to school?

It must suck to have to ride that bus system on a daily basis, I know buses suck overall from a commuter POV but damn LIB was on another level of shitty. Its gonna be scary to see how the next couple of months transpire out there.

Me and 23,000 other NCC students have to deal with it every day. I think I might reacquaint myself with my bike sooner than later if NICE turns out to be a giant flop. Hell, one day I rode the LIRR two stations away just to avoid taking the N35/N4.

Yesterday.... My last individual ride on LIB was (the full) N22 to Jamaica....

Instead of takin the LIRR straight from Ronkonkoma, I decided to get off at hicksville & take one last LIB.... the 22 came before the 20, so I took it.....

Today on the N22 all the way from Hicksville to Jamaica to as a part of commerating the last day of MTA-run LIB.

Around what time? We may have been on the same bus.

2 weeks ago, took the Hempstead bound N6 from Jamaica.

A few weeks ago, after work I went to Hillside Ave to try and catch a ride on one of the new New Flyer buses running on QV routes, caught one on the Q2, rode it to its eastern terminal, and walked to LI to catch a Jamaica bound bus (I was really hoping to catch a loaner Orion, but got a regular V CNG.)

Anyway, it sucked as I had to wait really long during rush hour and the first bus that came flagged me. Eventually a V CNG on the N1 came and I rode it to 165th.

Before that, I ride the N4 on a Saturday afternoon during the summer, had to wait really long and bus was crushloaded and people had to be flagged along the route.

And the previous two rides on LIB sucked as well, I had to stand on a N24 from Mineola to Hillside Ave SMH.

See, the N1 saves the day again. They've already cut the N3, and the N2 runs to Jamaica, and people are suggesting cutting the N1 runs to Jamaica. Doing that would lead to more flagging.

Yes using LIB is bitter sweet, it sucks getting flagged, but the buses run much faster(speed) than NYCT buses.

Archived