Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change Posted: 10/26/2012 8:10PM

Due to a police investigation at 116 St:

Some 6.gif trains are running local between 86 St and Brooklyn Bridge.

Some 6.gif trains are running express between 42 St and 125 St.

Please expect delays in 6.gif train service at this time.

local between 86 St and Brooklyn Bridge I'm confused with this the 6 normally runs local

Service Change Posted: 10/26/2012 8:10PM

Due to a police investigation at 116 St:

Some 6.gif trains are running local between 86 St and Brooklyn Bridge.

Some 6.gif trains are running express between 42 St and 125 St.

Please expect delays in 6.gif train service at this time.

local between 86 St and Brooklyn Bridge I'm confused with this the 6 normally runs local

Maybe what they really want to say is that local service is still available and not all trains run express.

Service Change Posted: 10/26/2012 10:40PM

Due to mechanical problems at 155 St, there is no d.png train service in both direction between 145 St and 205 St.

Customers are advised to use 4.png train service which makes nearby station stops.

Isn't the Grand Concourse line a 3-tracked line? I wonder what could have happened to knock out 2 or 3 tracks at once.

Isn't the Grand Concourse line a 3-tracked line? I wonder what could have happened to knock out 2 or 3 tracks at once.

When I saw I was just as confused as you. The only thing I can think of is a train switching tracks that had an issue.

In any event servive is restored, except uptown trains are bypassing 155th

What they mean is that some (6) trains are shuttling between 86 and BB, while all others are going express north of 42 St.

Last night we had the power turned off on tk 1 & 4 in the area of 116 for a couple hours. Alternate uptown 6's were running express from 42 to 125, and the other 6's were running local to 86 and then turning back south. Alternate downtown 6's out of Pelham were being turned at 138/3, with the others running express 125-42. In other words, there was no local service between 86 and 125.

And of course, the 5's were running via 7 Av!

MTA Weather Advisory

Service Change Posted: 10/28/2012 2:46PM

Due to someone requiring medical assistance at the 42 St-Port Authority Station, uptown c.png and e.png trains are running on express track btw Canal St & 59 St.

Please allow for additional travel time.

1) What does this have to do with the weather?

2) Since when does the (E) go to 59 street?

Edited by 4P3607

To make it clear, Uptown (C) and (E) trains skip Spring Street, 23rd Street and 50th Street.

If you intend to ride an uptown (C) train please board uptown trains on the uptown express track at 59th Street, 42nd Street-Port Authority Bus Terminal, 34th Street-Penn Station, 14th Street, West 4th Street and Canal Street.

If you intend to ride an uptown (E) train please board uptown trains on the uptown express track at 42nd Street-Port Authority Bus Terminal, 34th Street-Penn Station, 14th Street, West 4th Street and Canal Street. (E) trains will still stop at World Trade Center.

Edited by Quill Depot

MTA Weather Advisory

Due to someone requiring medical assistance at the 42 St-Port Authority Station, uptown c.png and e.png trains are running on express track btw Canal St & 59 St.

MTA Weather Advisory

I think this had to do with the fact someone jumped in front of a train coming into 42nd st PABT... Felt the emergency brake come on coming into the station conductor(?) come on the PA and said "I think someone jumped in front of the train, that's why I pulled the emergency brake, the train operator is investigating."

They updated us a few times that someone did in fact jump in front of the train, police were on the way to investigate and a supervisor was on the way to see if it was safe to let us out one of the cars that made it to the platform. I thought great how long will this take... They had us off the train in a about 10 min. We were let out the back door of either the first or second train chaotic scene of NYPD and FDNY working very close to where they let us out and NYPD trying to get the mob of people up the stairs cause people wanted to hang around and watch.. Who wants to see someone who got hit by a train? I don't!

I was impressed with how fast they got him out, by the time I got to the top of the stairs I went to the left for the PABT as soon as I did that the NYPD started making people go to the right they came up the stairs with him on a back board and ran out of the station with him.

I was surprised to see this listed as "someone needing medical attention" while yes he obviously needed medical attention whenever I heard that I always assumed it was more of someone having a heart attack on the train or something... I was also surprised not to see this in the news, in the impressively fast nature they got him out I was searching for a news article to see if he lived. Nothing to be found, I guess hurricane sandy takes precedence....

Guest MTA Bus

Due to a signal problem at the 135 Street Station, the following service changes are in effect:

Downtown 2.png trains are running via the 5.png line from the 3 Avenue-149 Street Station to the Nevins Street Station.

There is no 3.png train service in both directions between the 96 Street Station and the Harlem-148 Street Station.

Please expect delays in 2.png and 3.png train service at this time.