Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 10/09/2016  2:46PM 

Due to a cat on the tracks at 5 Av, Some 34 St-Hudson Yards bound 7.png trains terminate at Queensboro Plaza and Hunters Point Av.

Expect delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

I’m going to entertain the idea that it’s the rodents that attract the cats. We humans have accidentally created an ecosystem within the subway simply by littering.

• 2 weeks later...

Service Change  Posted: 10/19/2016  4:16PM 

Due to an investigation at 14 St-Union Sq,  there is no l.png train service between 8 Av and Bedford Av.

As an alternative for service in Manhattan customers may use M14A and M14D local bus service.

Customers may use a.pngc.pngj.png and m.png trains for service into Brooklyn.

Service Change  Posted: 10/19/2016  4:16PM 

Due to an investigation at 14 St-Union Sq,  there is no l.png train service between 8 Av and Bedford Av.

As an alternative for service in Manhattan customers may use M14A and M14D local bus service.

Customers may use a.pngc.pngj.png and m.png trains for service into Brooklyn.

Typical Rider: "Oh no! I'm at 6th Ave & 14th Street. How will I get to Myrtle Wycoff!!!!?"

If only this ignorance somehow resulted in the culling of our population, the city would be better off.

LOL, You should see how utterly confused people are @ Spring, Canal and Chambers Street when the (A) & (C) run over the (F) line between West 4th and Jay Street.

Maybe the MTA should have maps of the service change on the posters so that riders can have a visual of the service. change.

LOL, You should see how utterly confused people are @ Spring, Canal and Chambers Street when the (A) & (C) run over the (F) line between West 4th and Jay Street.

Maybe the MTA should have maps of the service change on the posters so that riders can have a visual of the service. change.

I remember once, I was with some people at the YMCA and we had to get from 4th Avenue/9th Street to Whitehall Street to catch the SI Ferry. An (N) train came on the local track, and they refused to move when I told them that for our purposes, it would be making the same stops as the (R)....so I boarded and waved goodbye.  ;)

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I remember once, I was with some people at the YMCA and we had to get from 4th Avenue/9th Street to Whitehall Street to catch the SI Ferry. An (N) train came on the local track, and they refused to move when I told them that for our purposes, it would be making the same stops as the (R)....so I boarded and waved goodbye. ;)

I've had the same happen to me, except for the fact that the (B) was the one who pulled up on the Manhattan bound local track on the Brighton Line. I told my friends they would make the same stops as the (Q), but they wouldn't get on. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I remember once, I was with some people at the YMCA and we had to get from 4th Avenue/9th Street to Whitehall Street to catch the SI Ferry. An (N) train came on the local track, and they refused to move when I told them that for our purposes, it would be making the same stops as the (R)....so I boarded and waved goodbye.  ;)

I've had the same happen to me, except for the fact that the (B) was the one who pulled up on the Manhattan bound local track on the Brighton Line. I told my friends they would make the same stops as the (Q), but they wouldn't get on. LOL.

I have a similar story, but it was when the (F) was running on Fulton Street. A friend and I was waiting for the train and the Manhattan bound (F) came and some people on the platform would not get on, because "they "didn't know where it was going"

Not knowledgeable and risk-averse… I don’t see a bright, exciting future for these friends.

LORD JESUS

Service Change Posted: 10/25/2016 8:07PM

Due to a rail condition at 14 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound F Subway and are running express from 42 St-Bryant Pk to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

There are no M Subway trains between Forest Hills-71 Av and Delancey St-Essex St, take E SubwayF Subway and R Subway train service as an alternative.

71 Av-bound M Subway trains are running on the J Subway line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St and terminate.

Expect delays in A SubwayB SubwayC SubwayD SubwayE SubwayF SubwayJ SubwayM Subway and R Subway train service in both directions.

Not knowledgeable and risk-averse… I don’t see a bright, exciting future for these friends.

Well, the conductor did announce the (B) running local to Prospect Park. My friends haven't used the subway for forever, since they all used to use the overcrowded B49. Anyway, this week I had to wait till 3 PM for the next (Q) local... It was 2:45 anyway, so I took the wait. The Brighton line has annoyed me for the past year.

Edited by Tonyboy515

Service Change  Posted: 10/28/2016 10:06PM 

Due to signal problems at 145 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no d.png train service between 145 St and Norwood-205 St in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains terminate at 59 St-Columbus Circle or 145 St.

Travel Alternative

Passengers may take the 4.png train making nearby stops or take the Bx1 or Bx2 buses.

Service Change  Posted: 10/28/2016 10:06PM 

Due to signal problems at 145 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no d.png train service between 145 St and Norwood-205 St in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains terminate at 59 St-Columbus Circle or 145 St.

Travel Alternative

Passengers may take the 4.png train making nearby stops or take the Bx1 or Bx2 buses.

Its apparently a power outage. Bx19's are getting slammed!

• 3 weeks later...

Service Change  Posted: 11/14/2016  2:32PM 

Due to switch problems at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, the following service changes are in effect:

a.png and c.png trains no service between Broadway Junction and Jay St-Metro Tech.

Southbound a.png trains are terminating at Jay St-Metro Tech.

Southbound c.png trains are terminating at World Trade Center

Some southbound a.png trains are terminating at 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound a.png trains are terminating at Broadway Junction.

Expect delays in both directions on a.png and c.png trains.

Service Change  Posted: 11/14/2016  2:32PM 

Due to switch problems at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, the following service changes are in effect:

a.png and c.png trains no service between Broadway Junction and Jay St-Metro Tech.

Southbound a.png trains are terminating at Jay St-Metro Tech.

Southbound c.png trains are terminating at World Trade Center

Some southbound a.png trains are terminating at 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound a.png trains are terminating at Broadway Junction.

Expect delays in both directions on a.png and c.png trains.

This is why I would keep the (C) at 480' trains.  This is where the (C) could have run to Broadway Junction on the (J) and take pressure off the (L) in particular.  

Not this again...

In this particular scenario, that makes sense. (A) riders could take the rerouted (C) to connect to the Queens only (A) at Broadway Junction

This is why I would keep the (C) at 480' trains.  This is where the (C) could have run to Broadway Junction on the (J) and take pressure off the (L) in particular.