Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the service changes for those weekends, I think it might be a supplement. It appears the (5) is running to Brooklyn for those same weekends, which likely means there will be no (2) or (3) service between Manhattan and Brooklyn. As there will likely be extra trains to compensate for the loss of 7th Avenue service, some trains may need to be turned at other locations. As mentioned in the post above mine, it doesn't make sense to include Brooklyn Bridge unless those trains are running local or to run 16 minute intervals to Woodlawn. We'll have to see what happens when the full list of service changes is posted. Either that or wait for confirmation from DJ Hammers. :D

Edited by Lance

Based on the service changes for those weekends, I think it might be a supplement. It appears the (5) is running to Brooklyn for those same weekends, which likely means there will be no (2) or (3) service between Manhattan and Brooklyn. As there will likely be extra trains to compensate for the loss of 7th Avenue service, some trains may need to be turned at other locations. As mentioned in the post above mine, it doesn't make sense to include Brooklyn Bridge unless those trains are running local or to run 16 minute intervals to Woodlawn. We'll have to see what happens when the full list of service changes is posted. Either that or wait for confirmation from DJ Hammers. :D

The (4) and (5) isn't running in Brooklyn on the weekend of the 28th nor the weekend of the 4th.

3.png Trains replace the 4.png in Brooklyn

Weekends, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jan 27 - 30  •  Feb 3 - 6

3.png service operates between 148 St and New Lots Av, making 4.png stops in Brooklyn all weekend.

Edited by Daniel The Cool

The (4) and (5) isn't running in Brooklyn on the weekend of the 28th nor the weekend of the 4th.

3.png Trains replace the 4.png in Brooklyn

Weekends, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jan 27 - 30  •  Feb 3 - 6

3.png service operates between 148 St and New Lots Av, making 4.png stops in Brooklyn all weekend.

5.png No trains between Grand Central-42 St and Bowling Green

4.png 6.png and R.png trains provide alternate service

Weekends, Saturday and Sunday, Jan 28 - 29  •  Feb 4 - 5

5.png service operates between E 180 St and Grand Central-42 St.

Travel Alternatives TripPlannerPlus_logo_19px.png

For 14 St-Union Sq and Brooklyn Bridge, take the 4.png 6.png.

For Fulton StWall St and Bowling Green, use nearby R.png stations 

at Cortlandt StRector St and Whitehall St.

• Transfer between 5.png and R.png trains at 59 St.

• Transfer between 5.png and 4.png 6.png trains at Grand Central-42 St.

• Transfer between 4.png 6.png and R.png trains at Canal St.

Note: No 4.png service between Brooklyn Bridge and Utica Av/New Lots Av during this time.

ADA_WhlChr_small.gif   This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning

your trip. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay.  

I have never seen this one before;

L.png No trains between 14 St-Union Sq and 8 Av

M14 buses provide alternate service

Weekends, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, until Feb 6

L.png service operates between 14 St-Union Sq and Rockaway Pkwy.

M14 buses make all L.png stops between 14 St-Union Sq and 8 Av.

• Transfer between L.png trains and M14 buses at 14 St-Union Sq.

• Use transfer ticket for connections between M14 buses and A.png C.png trains

at 8 Av-14 St or F.png trains at 6 Av-14 St.

Note: Additional overnight M14 bus service will be provided between 8 Av and 1 Av. 

From what I can tell, the (4) and (L) things are happening every weekend starting this weekend. Since the New Lots line past Utica is also shuttered this weekend, the (3) is only running to Utica.

They're gonna be having the (C)(F)(G) switcheroo this weekend as well. (F) down Cranberry and Fulton, (C) doesn't leave Manhattan, (G) extended to CI. I assume that means the (G) will be 8 cars this weekend.

Looks like they updated that weird (4) GO:

(4) Service operates every 16 minutes between 125 St and Woodlawn

Weekends, 7:30 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Jan 21, 28 and Feb 4 9:30 AM to 7 PM, Sunday, Jan 22, 29 and Feb 5

The last stop for alternate uptown trains is 125 St.

• Transfer at 125 St to continue your trip.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

My instinct is that there's some Jerome express run that's not yet posted, and that this is a flagging thin-out.

Yup.

4.png Woodlawn-bound trains skip 161 St, 167 St, 170 St, Mt Eden Av and 176 St

Weekends, 3:45 AM Sat to 10 PM Sun, Jan 21 - 22  •  Jan 28 - 29 

This GO by itself is fairly common, but the 16 minute headway in the Bronx is unusual.

I'll let the sheep take the (4), I'll be sure to take the (D) on these weekends.

Also:

4.png Service operates every 16 minutes between 125 St and Woodlawn

Weekends, 7:30 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Jan 21, 28 and Feb 4

9:30 AM to 7 PM, Sunday, Jan 22, 29 and Feb 5

Heh... That moment when you realize the (5) is running more prominently than the (4)...

The extended (G) will probably use 160s from Ave X yard + whenever (F) line sets are already running in service on the Stillwell - Bergen Street portion of the route when the G.O starts. I wouldn't be surprised if its mixed with 68s & 160s though, I think is the first time this G.O happened since the (G) was moved to CI Yard.

Look what is buried in the Joralemon tunnel work for the weekend of Feb 11 2017

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=02/11/2017&time=&method=getstatus4

(F) via Broadway, Bridge, and West End

(D) via 8th Ave, Cranberry, and Culver

This must be what DJ Hammers was hinting at  

Full details are not posted yet. I am currently on mobile so I cannot post a screenshot but maybe someone else can