Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better yet, perhaps <C> to Canarsie LOL...

No, I doubt it'll come close to what some of our resident trolls have been pitching lately.

I would die if that happened, since I live on that line.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I'll bet on this one:

No (2) trains at all, with (3) trains running only to 14th Street from 148th or maybe even 137th. (5) trains run between 241st and Flatbush via Lex every 8 minutes.

They'll have the Dyre line closed down, the Lenox line closed down, and the Clark tubes all closed down in one fell swoop.  :lol:

If they shut down Lenox Av and Clark St, they will probably suspend the  (2)  (3) all together and run additonal  (1)s between 137 St or 96 St to South Ferry. I wont be surprised if the  (2)  (3)s that end at 96 St before the G.O started would be used on the  (1) . If so R142 on the  (1)

Edited by j express

It'll be a B division GO and it'll be much more unusual than that, haha.

It'll definitely draw parallels to some of Wally's proposals. That's for sure.

It would be great if it were the (E) from Jamaica Center Upper Level to Jamaica Center Lower Level. I would stay on the train for the whole ride!

This one seems new:

F.png Service operates in two sections:

1. Between 179 St and Jay St-MetroTech, and via the A.png to/from Hoyt-Schermerhorn
     2. Between Stillwell Av and Bergen St, and via the G.png to/from Bedford-Nostrand Avs

Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Dec 20 - Jan 13 (except Dec 27 and Jan 3)

IINM The (F) from Queens can relay on the express track after Lafayette Avenue, right?

This one seems new:

F.png Service operates in two sections:

1. Between 179 St and Jay St-MetroTech, and via the A.pngto/from Hoyt-Schermerhorn

2. Between Stillwell Av and Bergen St, and via the G.pngto/from Bedford-Nostrand Avs

Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Dec 20 - Jan 13 (except Dec 27 and Jan 3)

IINM The (F) from Queens can relay on the express track after Lafayette Avenue, right?

Its not new. Its been done many times. And yes i believe they can.

This one seems new:

F.png Service operates in two sections:

1. Between 179 St and Jay St-MetroTech, and via the A.pngto/from Hoyt-Schermerhorn

2. Between Stillwell Av and Bergen St, and via the G.pngto/from Bedford-Nostrand Avs

yeah. Lafayette tower will be open for the G/O.

This one seems new:

1. Between 179 St and Jay St-MetroTech, and via the A.png to/from Hoyt-Schermerhorn

2. Between Stillwell Av and Bergen St, and via the G.png to/from Bedford-Nostrand Avs

May I be so bold as to ask why these kinds of things always happen to the (F)?

This one seems new:

Why not just run the (F) express to Utica late nights? 

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=12/31/2016&time=&method=getstatus4

The (N) G.O. originally planned for Saturday (no service between 42nd St and Queensboro Plaza) isn't listed anymore. Was it scrapped? Hopefully someone realized how dumb it is, although the fact it was scheduled in the first part is even dumber.

Whatever was going to be done during that closure obviously wasn't so necessary that it needed to happen within the shortened time-span of a few hours. It'll probably come back as a weekend/late night closure.

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=12/31/2016&time=&method=getstatus4

The (N) G.O. originally planned for Saturday (no service between 42nd St and Queensboro Plaza) isn't listed anymore. Was it scrapped? Hopefully someone realized how dumb it is, although the fact it was scheduled in the first part is even dumber.

It was a switch/stock rail replacement for the crossover south of Queensboro. I'm sure it'll be rescheduled soon.

I thought I was reading it wrong but apparently not. 

4.png Service operates every 16 minutes between Brooklyn Bridge and 3 Av-138 St 6.png Station

Weekends, 7:30 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Jan 21, 28 and Feb 4
                   9:30 AM to 7 PM, Sunday, Jan 22, 29 and Feb 5

The last stop for alternate trains from Brooklyn Bridge is 3 Av-138 St.          logoSm.png

• Transfer at 125 St to continue your trip.

ADA note: Transfer at 3 Av-138 St not accessible