Planned Subway Service Changes

I know about the loop situation. I meant that the (5) was made redundant and could have been suspended entirely. If anything it could have been the (4) that short-turned so the (5) wouldn't be as redundant.

Don't forget, the (5) is going all the way up to Dyre this time. Why suspend it and force people to pack onto shuttle buses and then the (2) and (4)? Edited by S78 via Hylan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 42 St-Grand Central I saw (5) trains terminating at the uptown express track because of the switches. That was interesting.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but was there a particular reason why the (5) is even running at all if it's only running between 180 St and 42 St? The (2)(4) seem to be providing all the alternate service.

I guess they wanted to provide some additional service along the (2) Line in the Bronx and Lex Av in manhattan

Don't forget, the (5) is going all the way up to Dyre this time. Why suspend it and force people to pack onto shuttle buses and then the (2) and (4)?

Oops, I forgot the Dyre line was open this weekend. I see the point of the (5) now.

I must have confused this GO with the one when the (5) ran only to 180 St, which was the pattern I was confused about.

That and the (2) is running on 12 minutes headways since it's sharing the downtown express track with the (1) and (3).

That makes sense.

Dont understand why anyone would think otherwise. The northern terminals aremt swapped,so there shouldnt be any reason to do a whole fleet swap for this GO

Not so much an entire fleet swap, maybe just a misplaced train or two at the start.

The odds of even that are quite low, since CI has both R160s and R68s available if needed.

Dont understand why anyone would think otherwise. The northern terminals aremt swapped,so there shouldnt be any reason to do a whole fleet swap for this GO

not to mention the (D) is based at Concourse yard and the (F) is based at Jamaica yard. neither of those two lines are based at Coney Island yard, just stored there