New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

12 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

someone also confirmed that Transdev still has 20 buses from NJT

Yeah, and when NJT takes over those routes, they will still use Transdev's garage while the transition takes place. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2023 at 1:35 PM, jass said:

Its been the weirdest rollout

Someone asked twitter if there was a video on how to use and NJT responded that they should call the phone number for help lol

I tried tapping today. I asked the operator if I could tap and he had no clue what I was talking about. Basically what I predicted. The drivers don’t know anything and nobody is going to use this.

Nice to see #2625 out & rolling along route 9 earlier today.... Bus looks nice & clean also.

Never knew that Howell P&R was used as a storage facility.... Saw maybe about 25-30 buses or so towards the very back corner....

Later on in the day, I also saw something else up close & personal that, as a passenger, I definitely was not supposed to see.... I'm just going to leave it at that.

Edited by B35 via Church

12 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Nice to see #2625 out & rolling along route 9 earlier today.... Bus looks nice & clean also.

Never knew that Howell P&R was used as a storage facility.... Saw maybe about 25-30 buses or so towards the very back corner....

Later on in the day, I also saw something else up close & personal that, as a passenger, I definitely was not supposed to see.... I'm just going to leave it at that.

Looks like you saw the buses being used for the Roadeo at Howell.   I’m on vacation now and I was supposed to be away instead of being at Howell.  Unfortunately Mother Nature put a damper on both so I opted to stay with family in Brooklyn

On 10/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, Sylveon said:

someone also confirmed that Transdev still has 20 buses from NJT

Yet someone told me that the operator sticker on a bus they saw on the 834 said NJT Bus Operations instead of Transdev. Confusing stuff.

On 10/14/2023 at 5:12 AM, Sylveon said:

I heard NJT wants to get rid of the Transdev contract soon. Anyone know when exactly? I'm hearing November 1st.

They've already taken over transdev operations as of the 1st of this month. NJT is using the transdev garage for operations until they can figure out where they can store the buses and which garages will be willing to take on those routes. Howell already vetoed the idea of them operating those routes.

Edited by Cait Sith

20 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

They've already taken over transdev operations as of the 1st of this month. NJT is using the transdev garage for operations until they can figure out where they can store the buses and which garages will be willing to take on those routes. Howell already vetoed the idea of them operating those routes.

thanks. I was confused since the website still shows them under Transdev. 

https://www.njtransit.com/private-carriers

6 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Funny enough Howell honestly has no say, it all comes down to Penn Plaza, if they say those lines are to go there then they will. And it make sense being Howell is so close and it give those guys more work especially on weekends. Right now Hamilton Garage is operating the lines. 

9 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Howell was the closest to the routes. So this would be an interesting shakeup. Would the old Transdev garage be considered an NJT garage now?

They could take over. I don’t believe Transdev has any other operations down there.

8 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Funny enough Howell honestly has no say, it all comes down to Penn Plaza, if they say those lines are to go there then they will. And it make sense being Howell is so close and it give those guys more work especially on weekends. Right now Hamilton Garage is operating the lines. 

Hamilton Township?

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Why does Meadowlands run the 83 instead of another garage? Seems like a waste to have all that deadhead mileage.

What other garage could possibly run the 83? Meadowlands to Journal Square isn’t even that far as the 10 and 125 also do this deadhead, and the 84 used to do it when it was under NJT.

9 hours ago, NJTE said:

Fairview doesn’t have room for the 83.

9 hours ago, NJTE said:

Nor does it have buses with fairboxes because all of their routes are full service.

Was going to say since the lack of fareboxes. Other than that the next closest is Union City (when that's rebuilt) and probably Ridgefield Park

On 10/22/2023 at 7:58 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Was going to say since the lack of fareboxes. Other than that the next closest is Union City (when that's rebuilt) and probably Ridgefield Park

Well until this new Garage opens....Me personally  83 can be a split Between Meadow/Market St...Or maybe a few Trips...I also feel like the 171 should go to Wayne also...

Edited by biGC323232

The AC bus terminal... you can't sit in the waiting area unless you have a ticket (there's a security guard guarding the area) Issue is, only a small section of seats is open for ppl to sit. Half of the waiting area is roped off and closed. I said screw it and just waited outside for the bus.

Today I did an Amtrak to Philly, AC rail line to Atlantic City, 319 back to NYC trip. Gotta make my way back down here to fan the 551. 

On 10/23/2023 at 8:33 AM, biGC323232 said:

Well until this new Garage opens....Me personally  83 can be a split Between Meadow/Market St...Or maybe a few Trips...I also feel like the 171 should go to Wayne also...

Meadow and Market are both 10 miles away from Hackensack, and I guess that could work. Although Meadowlands would probably run the first Hackensack bound trip of the day as Journal Sq is much closer to Meadow than Market Street