New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

4 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I'm confused. The 67 does serve Newark Airport (and can be used if it comes before the 62 between Newark Airport and Newark Penn Station). It is the intrastate version of the 139 and a segment of the 319.

What are you referring to regarding splitting the 319? 

I’m confused as well. I thought the 67 was the 62 which is why I thought the 62 ran down to Toms River.

For the 319, split it between Cap Ray and Atlantic City. There’s no reason for a bus to be that long.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I’m confused as well. I thought the 67 was the 62 which is why I thought the 62 ran down to Toms River.

For the 319, split it between Cap Ray and Atlantic City. There’s no reason for a bus to be that long.

For a person leaving Newark Airport heading towards Newark Penn, if you see either bus, just hop on.

For a person heading south...yeah there's a big difference between heading to Elizabeth vs. heading to Old Bridge and points south.

And those Wildwood trips are just two round-trips per day (there'salso a 15 minute layover programmed at Atlantic City). The vast majority of trips run PABT - Atlantic City.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

!

Important Notice:

All rail service on the Northeast Corridor, RVL and NJCL is suspended due to Amtrak signal issues. Bay Head shuttles will continue to operate. Midtown Direct service is being diverted to Hoboken. NJ TRANSIT rail tickets/passes are being cross honored by PATH at Newark Penn, Hoboken and 33rd St-NY and NJ TRANSIT bus and private carriers. Customers should visit njtransit.com/ABC for available alternate service information. 

rip

On 1/12/2024 at 11:26 AM, nightmare402 said:

!

Important Notice:

All rail service on the Northeast Corridor, RVL and NJCL is suspended due to Amtrak signal issues. Bay Head shuttles will continue to operate. Midtown Direct service is being diverted to Hoboken. NJ TRANSIT rail tickets/passes are being cross honored by PATH at Newark Penn, Hoboken and 33rd St-NY and NJ TRANSIT bus and private carriers. Customers should visit njtransit.com/ABC for available alternate service information. 

rip

Operators at Wayne Garage were told to be on standby.  Imagine doing bus work on the NE Corridor 😱

5 hours ago, FlashThunder said:

Some bus drivers treat the D4500's as if it is a Dodge Challenger... I swear, some bus drivers are wild out there

We drive slow people complain, we drive fast people complain. What i do now is follow 10mph under the posted speed limit and when people are late I instantly say I’ve been complained on for driving fast. 

I was on the 319 for years and on my 845pm trip i would literally drive 55mph all the way down the turnpike and parkway to Tom’s River. Coming out of PABT, no faster then 25mph and 35mph coming up the helix then back to 25 until past the toll plaza. Complain, ok I’m driving now; I can slow all the way down. No harm no foul. 

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

45 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

We drive slow people complain, we drive fast people complain. What i do now is follow 10mph under the posted speed limit and when people are late I instantly say I’ve been complained on for driving fast. 

I was on the 319 for years and on my 845pm trip i would literally drive 55mph all the way down the turnpike and parkway to Tom’s River. Coming out of PABT, no faster then 25mph and 35mph coming up the helix then back to 25 until past the toll plaza. Complain, ok I’m driving now; I can slow all the way down. No harm no foul. 

LOL. I was 25 min hot into Toms River everyday on the 319. (Granted the turnpike wasn’t messed up).

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

LOL. I was 25 min hot into Toms River everyday on the 319. (Granted the turnpike wasn’t messed up).

Not me, I got sick and tired of people saying I’m driving fast. Now everyone suffer. I purposely would get there at 1030. It was these same group of old ladies that would complain, they paid for that, because once they noticed I was getting there at 1030 they started whining. 

9 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Not me, I got sick and tired of people saying I’m driving fast. Now everyone suffer. I purposely would get there at 1030. It was these same group of old ladies that would complain, they paid for that, because once they noticed I was getting there at 1030 they started whining. 

Was this a Wildwood/Cape May trip by any chance?

On 1/15/2024 at 10:47 AM, MNR Beacon Line said:

It seems that NJT's fare system will be getting an upgrade starting Jan 13th, drivers will no longer handle electronic or printed tickets.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:47 AM, MNR Beacon Line said:

This didn’t happen did it? Have not been asked to scan on any buses.

Some of the buses we got from Coach USA/Academy still don’t have scanners 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 4:46 AM, 46Dover said:

Some of the buses we got from Coach USA/Academy still don’t have scanners 

Hell the decamp 17s are hit and miss with scanners and if they do have them they don’t work lol. I stopped writing on the defect card about non working scanners; they don’t fix them anyway. 

Hoboken Terminal: Track 17 Closed due to Special Event – Sunday, March 3, 2024

On Sunday, March 3, from 6AM and 6PM, Track 17 will be closed, and platform access will be limited in Hoboken Terminal due to a special event.

During this time, customers are encouraged to please utilize alternative access to transportation in and around the station.

We appreciate your patience during this temporary adjustment.

Customers are encouraged to monitor Travel Alerts & Advisories, sign up for My Transit Alerts, download the NJ TRANSIT app, visit www.njtransit.com, or follow us at @NJTRANSIT on “X” (formerly Twitter).

For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

???? 

On 2/3/2024 at 3:05 AM, nightmare402 said:

Hoboken Terminal: Track 17 Closed due to Special Event – Sunday, March 3, 2024

On Sunday, March 3, from 6AM and 6PM, Track 17 will be closed, and platform access will be limited in Hoboken Terminal due to a special event.

During this time, customers are encouraged to please utilize alternative access to transportation in and around the station.

We appreciate your patience during this temporary adjustment.

Customers are encouraged to monitor Travel Alerts & Advisories, sign up for My Transit Alerts, download the NJ TRANSIT app, visit www.njtransit.com, or follow us at @NJTRANSIT on “X” (formerly Twitter).

For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

???? 

Does the person who wrote this know how trains work? Why would people want to wander onto a random platform?

22 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

So FIFA announced that the World Cup final in 2026 will be held at MetLife stadium. It'll be interesting what will or won't be done about the transit options to the stadium in two years.

I recommended that NJT get Stadler KISS battery units for the Meadowlands service to both Stadler and NJT. NJT doesn't want units that can be only used on one division, but I responded that there is enough density to get two sets of cars for both divisions. In addition, I recommended that the cars have PERIMETER seating temporarily installed for the World Cup and switch to normal seating afterwards. Stadler was not sure that they could meet the deadline for the World Cup. I think a Buy America waiver for the first 40-50 battery cars might solve this problem. NJT will need an MU to handle the volume and turnaround times for the World Cup.

1 hour ago, JAzumah said:

I recommended that NJT get Stadler KISS battery units for the Meadowlands service to both Stadler and NJT. NJT doesn't want units that can be only used on one division, but I responded that there is enough density to get two sets of cars for both divisions. In addition, I recommended that the cars have PERIMETER seating temporarily installed for the World Cup and switch to normal seating afterwards. Stadler was not sure that they could meet the deadline for the World Cup. I think a Buy America waiver for the first 40-50 battery cars might solve this problem. NJT will need an MU to handle the volume and turnaround times for the World Cup.

Nah, its too late to invest in a railcar that is so unfamiliar to NJ Transit and with less than two years to order and prep workers for it. Not to mention, MetLife is only hosting 8 games: June 13, 16, 22, 25, 27, 30th and July 5th & 18th (Final). A system like that would be pretty useless after that as the tournament is only 39 days long.

11 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

A system like that would be pretty useless after that as the tournament is only 39 days long.

I disagree. The Meadowlands Line needs high capacity MUs to be successful in general. There are enough events there in general to make them viable.